Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί πŸŽ„πŸŽβ„οΈ CHRISTMAS 2020 MEGATHREAD β„οΈπŸŽ…β›„ - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

πŸŽ„πŸŽβ„οΈ CHRISTMAS 2020 MEGATHREAD β„οΈπŸŽ…β›„

Comments

• Getting the server is just the icing on the cake. VirMach's egg hunts are awesome though.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Merry Christmas! Thanks for your gifts.

• @saibal said:

@hzr said: i like how everyone stopped posting and then it released and here comes a barrage of angry "i didn't get it" posts

Well, to be fair if TH gave us a five minute warning of incoming stock, it would have broken LET again :D

I think most of the "angry" reaction was due to the possibility of the "lucky one" getting the deal not through the forum post, but research on previous deals, and luck that TH re-used the same ID (i.e. making all that F5'ing totally pointless - which is upsetting!)...

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Nevertheless, thanks @terrahost for bringing life to this thread \o/

Thanked by 2FAT32 saibal
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@terrahost I apologise if my tone sounds a bit mad, but I am just trying to present the facts from the data that I collected on my side.

It is Christmas after all, we should appreciate the efforts TerraHost had put in for a unsustainable deal even during public holiday for us to enjoy the flash sale excitements.

Let's not blame one or another and enjoy this holiday season :) Merry Christmas! πŸŽ„

• @terrahost said: Now i feel bad.

You shouldn't feel bad. The order was placed AFTER @terrahost posted the link here. It was just plain luck. I was already logged into Terrahost. And as the site didn't crash, it went swiftly and required clicking just one button. Like many others, I too had been checking this thread for many hours. Don't see whats unfair in it.

Have myself missed many great deals (still sad about not grabbing Hosthatch offers in time) but haven't seen such negativity before. If folks are so unhappy about not getting this ONE server and if it satisfies them, you may gladly cancel the order and put the server back into arena.

Thanked by 2benj0x brueggus
  • @akb said: Have myself missed many great deals (still sad about not grabbing Hosthatch offers in time) but haven't seen such negativity before.

I think there's not much negativity here. Most people here tried to snag the deal while knowing they probably won't get it but joined in just for the fun of it.

• @akb said:
    The order was placed AFTER @terrahost posted the link here.

So, you did get it by clicking on the link in Terrahost's post in this thread then?

Don't see whats unfair in it.
    ... If folks are so unhappy about...

If that's the case then, sure, nothing unfair about it since you did get it fair and square in the expected fashion. Nothing for others to be unhappy about, agreed!

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

I feel your frustration, I really do. But since the order was legit, albeit we could've used a new PID + Coupon, I didn't have the time a few hours back. :)

But we are cooking up another one. Will be a 1000 EUR / year dedi with a 98% discount.

Will require a coupon.
    Will allow for people to register.
    First to enter the coupon will get it.

• @terrahost said: Someone did order it before I published it

Wow ! Just Wow. Congratulations whoever got it and Thank you @terrahost for the awesome deal. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone :)

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited December 2020

I dont see what everyone is bitching about- they used to use direct links with kimsufi to get there first for their sales. This one from terrahost, someone was where they needed to be at the right moment. Every holiday thread there is bitching virmach, hosthatch, blackfriday, christmas. People just are constantly bitching that they cant spend their money. Then they will bitch about benchmark, then bitch about paypal, then bitch about no alipay, then bitch about bitcoin. Then they will bitch when a better deal comes along.
    then they bitch if they can't' modify drives. Or bitch they cant stack VPS, or bitch they cant transfer it. It's become incredibly predictable and actually nonstop

• @smallbibi said: I think there's not much negativity here. Most people here tried to snag the deal while knowing they probably won't get it but joined in just for the fun of it.

I too was trying to get this server just for the fun of it. Didn't even read Terrahost's message in full, just used the link (after it was posted) and until the order was generated, hadn't even seen the price I was going to pay. Earlier in the day I was browsing through the Terrahost website to see how complicated/easy it is to order something there & accidently ordered a 2540 NOK server which I had to request them to cancel. So I was kinda aware of the flow. It was thoroughly exhausting but fun nevertheless. Just wasn't expecting the post-mortem :p

Anyways.. Merry Christmas! everyone :smile:

• What about utilizing a randomizer? People like me in a country with slow connection might not ever get a chance for this.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited December 2020

@Dazzle said:
    What about utilizing a randomizer? People like me in a country with slow connection might not ever get a chance for this.

There are so many people going for the deals- even if you had a fast connection you would lose more than you would win. As far as a randomizer - that would be up to the individual hosts. You really can't tell a business how to do their promotions can you? I guess I should have added bitching about personal connection that you pay for personally be another thing we should always be worried about. I am sure in your whole country, some have fast connections and some have slow. Hell, there are places in my state (North Carolina) that are on the equivalent of dial up shit because they choose (yes they choose) to live in areas with shit internet (they also choose to bitch at the state for not fixing their choice)

• @Dazzle said:
    What about utilizing a randomizer? People like me in a country with slow connection might not ever get a chance for this.

Using a randomizer would lose the excitement of competition, but as the previous winner manage to avoid the competition, that is where the disappointments of others come from.

• @terrahost said: But we are cooking up another one. Will be a 1000 EUR / year dedi with a 98% discount.

Honestly I would be very interested in larger quantities of a reasonably discounted dedi, like 5-10EUR/m paid annually, some kind of lower power NUC, an i3, etc. in addition. Too much work to compete on these 1-off flash ;)

• @hzr said:

@terrahost said: But we are cooking up another one. Will be a 1000 EUR / year dedi with a 98% discount.

Honestly I would be very interested in larger quantities of a reasonably discounted dedi, like 5-10EUR/m paid annually, some kind of lower power NUC, an i3, etc. in addition. Too much work to compete on these 1-off flash ;)

I believe what @terrahost after is the feeling of hurting, baddly hurting, everyone will feel the power of hurting except the winner

It starts to snow again.

It is rather cold in this thread, anything to heat it up?

Thanked by 1miu
  • @FAT32 said:

:p would you invite by tagging some providers? :p

@swat4 said:
    :p would you invite by tagging some providers? :p

Yes and no, don't really want to disturb providers during traditional festive. Honestly I feel really bad for making them busy during this occasion.

Maybe can wait for another hour or so when it is Boxing Day (which is suitable for shopping) then only tag them, but let's see.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @FAT32 Agreed :p good things worth waiting, just we happen to be on the side of world where we have already entered the 2nd half of boxing day ;)

By the way, I enjoy the snowing theme so much :#

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

Fire effects. Make this thread Game of Thrones: Ice and Fire.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    edited December 2020

It starts to snow again.

It's too cold. How to disable it without adblockers :cold_sweat:

@sonic said:

Give me 30 minutes to add a floating button somewhere (Too lazy to think where to add that button)

• @sonic said:

It starts to snow again.

click on site setting from url bar and block js

• @terrahost said:
    I feel your frustration, I really do. But since the order was legit, albeit we could've used a new PID + Coupon, I didn't have the time a few hours back. :)

But we are cooking up another one. Will be a 1000 EUR / year dedi with a 98% discount.

Will require a coupon.
    Will allow for people to register.
    First to enter the coupon will get it.

And this time, please post it after 6AM GMT +1. Didn't sleep the whole night just to miss the (controversial) deal. Thanks.

• lol this time this thread has lesser deals.

@sonic said:

@webclouddev said:

Added toggle button, hope I didn't break anything

• @FAT32 said:

@sonic said:

@webclouddev said:

Added toggle button, hope I didn't break anything

It’s working, nothing special is broken, on phone at least .

Thanked by 1FAT32