Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your first VPS? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What was your first VPS?

124»

Comments

• free vps from host1free
    128mb openvz, 2011-2012

• budgetvm

• Burstnet in late 2010.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Got my first vps from CloudSigma (trial vps) back in 2010 ,

• There was one hosting co managed by some russian guys, and for the love of god I can't remember the name of the company. I had some shared plan with them back in 2001/2002, which in itself was unusual because they were charging actually used space & bandwidth. And they offered this "other thing", which later looking back I realized it was VPS. It was affordable, so I took it. I think it was something like 16MB or 32MB VPS... They sold the business, and all the customers had to move their data to the new platform, which wasn't good nor cheap.

Then RoseHosting, CyberWurx, RimuHosting, ISPserver (had few with them in NYC and was it Louxembourg or Germany?), Linode...

• Damn, we're all old. Nobody got their first VPS this year?

• mine was with Burstnet 256MB RAM, 5G disk during their g(old)en days!

• akhfaakhfa Member
    edited December 2020

@Francisco said:

@akhfa said:
    Greenvaluehost, they advertise here. My first international purchase, using PayPal :)

Was it also your first chargeback?

Francisco

As I remember, I think I move the GVH servers into crissic, until crissic also dissappear later :)
    I don't do chargeback because at that time I already get more money from the server, and move to crissic :D

Time flies. Hetzner and netcup for now. But GVH and crissic already gave me first experience to the Vps world, until now :)

• Hostslim. Back then I even abused their servers for video transcoding LOL.

• I am more wonder who is your first deadpool provider.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I want to say SliceHost circa.. 2007-ish?

I think before that it was only shared/reseller plans, I remember using MediaTemple for a long time.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I had more before this but not able to recollect in which email I can find their info :D

Anyways

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

First VPS that I paid someone else for was from Bytemark UK in 2011

• FDC 2002-2003

• This thread makes me feel sad cause I can't remember...
    Say no to kids, drugs!

• Burst.net

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • Just looked it up: 64 MB User Mode Linux in February 2003

• linode 64MB ram UML for $19/mo , ran slackware with it reselling shell and custom irc vhosts , support was fast in irc chatroom

• @raindog308 said:
    Then I found LET.

Oh the memories! My first VPS was from 123systems back in 2011 - was a rather bumpy relationship. I then found LET and went with BuyVM and SecureDragon (which I still use today).

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Zap Hosting, terrible experience... it would go down every week and I had to open a ticket every time

• My first vps was on 2012, smsreg.com it allowed paying for vps, with phone balance.
    the went myvirtualserver.com stayed there 2 years, but started getting some downtimes, somewhat regularly, changed owners and decided to move. Tried hetzner and despite good price, didn't like they're policy of id check, and some reviews, say that if you let pass invoice date, they keep charging...
    Went with mvps.net (and despite 100mbps), it's very good price / service. 2GB ram 1 core, 25ssd, 3,69€ (iva included, Portugal) Very stable..

• randomqrandomq Member
    edited December 2020

Does CMS on an IBM mainframe count? Had my student account for email and submitting batch jobs for assembler and fortran programming classes. :P

• DeltaAnime had to get it from IRC then it was nyNoc.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Was and STILL is Contabo. They have nice and fast support, and overall they offer good service.

• Hostrail - wanted to learn how to use openvpn, didn't even really fully understand what a VPS was back then!

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@kendid said:
    Hostrail - wanted to learn how to use openvpn, didn't even really fully understand what a VPS was back then!

Same here HostRail haha

• My first VPS was a RootDS Mild at Webperoni, a German provider that was later bought by Server4you. I think it came with 20GB storage and 750GB traffic.

Before that I had some dedicated servers. The first at a Dutch provider which I don’t know the name of anymore, it doesn’t exist anymore either. I did remember the AS number though: AS8587.

Second dedi was at @Hetzner_OL of course. An AMD Opteron.

First LE-vm was from @LiteServer back in 2011.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • BuyVM, $15/yr for almost a decade up until their OVZ end date coming up real soon.