Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 141
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @thedp said:
    Just thought of asking this here.

For those with servers in HH's NL location, did your server go down or restarted by itself yesterday?

Yep, looks like hosthatch rebooted the node.

Thanked by 1DP
  • @Unixfy said:
    Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

You happen to have gotten a reply?

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • The last few comments here is a good example of how bad this company support is when customers choose to ask here instead

Thanked by 1JohnFilch123
  • @webcraft said:

@Unixfy said:
    Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

You happen to have gotten a reply?

C'mon dude, Hosthatch replied and clearly said

@hosthatch said:

>

The BGP sessions were indeed delayed. We'll start doing those over this weekend and will be finished during the coming week. I am truly sorry for the delayed timelines here.

It's just 14 days ago, and you guys are so impatient. They haven't missed the timeline and the week is "coming."

/s

To answer your question: No.

• @webcraft said: You happen to have gotten a reply?

No. I opened a new ticket for IPv6 and got those assigned promptly (except for HK), however.

• How's HK coming?

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited January 2021

@snt said:
    The last few comments here is a good example of how bad this company support is when customers choose to ask here instead

I think it's a tradeoff... When you pay cheap prices, the company needs to cut corners somewhere, and in HostHatch's case that appears to be support above basic level 1 stuff (enable IPv6, enable internal network, etc).

I haven't seen prices as low as HostHatch's flash sale prices at many other hosts, and the servers are actually pretty good for the price. In particular their storage VPSes during the flash sales were cheaper than BudgetNode (who use lower-end Xeon L5630 processors in their storage nodes) and HostSolutions.ro (whose disk, network, and CPU performance is all over the place). BuyVM's storage "slabs" are faster and more consistent in performance (I don't see a 3-4x performance difference between their old and new deployments for example) but then you're paying $5/TB/month as opposed to $1.66/TB/month (based on HostHatch's 2TB storage for $40/year). I also haven't seen many other deals with NVMe storage and 16 GB RAM for less than $6/month.

I also think Abdullah truly cares about the company and its customers which is one of the reasons I'm going to try sticking around. I'm keeping all my 'critical' stuff at BuyVM, but I'm still running quite a few things on my HostHatch VPSes and haven't had any 'major' technical issues so far.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@brueggus @dosai - Let me guess, your nodes in NL rebooted again today? :D

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@thedp said:

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited January 2021

@thedp said:

Same here. I didn't check last time this happened as I was still idling the server but I did now.

• @thedp said:

Yep :(

@hosthatch

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

Tickets even in technical department appear stuck without being processed now. :/ Now this reboot thing.. actually the server used to be good and only support bad/non-existent but now the servers quality is slightly (and silently?) declining, too.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @webcraft said:
    Tickets even in technical department appear stuck without being processed now. :/ Now this reboot thing.. actually the server used to be good and only support bad/non-existent but now the servers quality is slightly (and silently?) declining, too.

Very true, I have 2 tickets open with no answer.

• @webcraft said: Tickets even in technical department appear stuck without being processed now. :/ Now this reboot thing.. actually the server used to be good and only support bad/non-existent but now the servers quality is slightly (and silently?) declining, too.

I have ticket with more than 2 months without any answer.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

hosthatch said: There is always someone on duty. The response time also depends on what your issue is.

Stay positive :joy: @webcraft @dosai @Ouji

• @thedp said:

hosthatch said: There is always someone on duty. The response time also depends on what your issue is.

Stay positive :joy: @webcraft @dosai @Ouji

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • pbxpbx Member

Well, we get what we pay for... As long as the servers are up and running with decent performance, it's fine IMO. More communication on these reboots would be nice though.

Do some folks here have VPSes at the "normal pricing"? If so, is support as unresponsive or is it better? i.e are cheapos on a special queue, but 'proper' customers taken care of well?

• 2 months old thread from Black Friday, still active. I don't think HostHatch anticipated this.

Plot twist: provider switches to outsourced support in India.

• @pbx said:
    Well, we get what we pay for... As long as the servers are up and running with decent performance, it's fine IMO. More communication on these reboots would be nice though.

Do some folks here have VPSes at the "normal pricing"? If so, is support as unresponsive or is it better? i.e are cheapos on a special queue, but 'proper' customers taken care of well?

they are the same.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • This company is well known for bad support.. u can search here and u will see users have been saying this since 1 or 2 years ago..

• There won't be enough chairs for everyone.

• @pbx said:

No, daily reboots are unacceptable and will lead to corruption in someone's VPS.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Its obvious hosthatch has sold beyond its capabilities (like many other providers on this site). Sell low, sell a lot, then fail on setup. Seems a very unhealthy trend on lowend talk

• If you're using debian template from @hosthatch , please make sure that you've reset password/lock/remove user 'debianuser' from your server.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • I have 6 VMs with Hosthatch atm in London, Stockholm and Amsterdam. None of them have rebooted out of the blue. Maybe the problem is limited to newer nodes added around BF?

FWIW, support is certainly an area that could be improved upon. Barring that, no issues with the services so far.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2021

@icez said:
    If you're using debian template from @hosthatch , please make sure that you've reset password/lock/remove user 'debianuser' from your server.

I'd always recommend installing from ISO. I've seen enough bad images that I don't trust any images any more. Sometimes the issues aren't obvious. One example: at another host (not HostHatch), they weren't generating a new SSH host key on deployment, so every VPS provisioned from their Debian image had the same SSH host key. That's pretty bad for security as it makes an MitM attack easier to accomplish.

Thanked by 3Chocoweb pbx default
  • So many issues and hosthatch does not even reply to his thread or tickets.. he should just outsource his support to MikePT because it’s so bad right now..

• @K4Y5 said: FWIW, support is certainly an area that could be improved upon. Barring that, no issues with the services so far.

Same experience so far (with less VMs). Support could be better but it seems to me that important issues are taken care off quickly.

• No reboot on my 2 NL (storage) nodes.

• @xauser said:
    No reboot on my 2 NL (storage) nodes.

My storage is fine too. Problem is only with NVMe's.

Thanked by 2xauser pbx