Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 110
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• OK...so hit ctrl+alt+del and immediately select enter to boot from ISO...seems like boot order change does not hv impact at times..

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited December 2020

big thank you to HH, all working well including netboot.xyz ( couldn't get centos 8 iso to mount but not gonna make ticket for it)

regret not buying more locations, very good very prem.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

We have a server saying finalising, no email notification of late delivery thou??

• @JamesF said:
    We have a server saying finalising, no email notification of late delivery thou??

Mine have been like that before they got delivered.

• @hosthatch @balaji_pitchumani I thought Windows is not allowed, why is it allowed to install Windows on the vps for him ?!

• Probably coz hosthatch didn't know what you thought in your head 😅

• @CjayVPS said:
    @hosthatch @balaji_pitchumani I thought Windows is not allowed, why is it allowed to install Windows on the vps for him ?!

Tattletail!

• @JamesF said: We have a server saying finalising, no email notification of late delivery thou??

Same here. I must have ended up on some blacklist :D

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Rizel said:

@JamesF said: We have a server saying finalising, no email notification of late delivery thou??

Same here. I must have ended up on some blacklist :D

Well at least you know of the late delivery from this thread :)

• SnachoSnacho Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said: What would be a better way to handle this situation? How would you handle it better? Please tell me, I would like to know so I can do better.

Sending notification in advance would be nice. Late notifications were happening during Flash sales, where 1 hour delays were announced ~20 minutes past scheduled deal time.
    In this case as well. Since it was probably decided earlier that you want to proceed with the current provisioning in small batches, it would be great to notify in advance. Helps other people better plan their time according to new estimates.

P.S. Still didn't get my email about the delay. So I check this thread to get this kind of new. Not a big issue for me though.

Thanked by 3webcraft pbx hosthatch
  • I'd like to state that I've not recieved my UK order yet, been waiting patiently however I can't help think that communication could and should of been a lot better from host hatch. I.e having to sift through 66 pages to note your replys isn't ideal.

Thanked by 2JamesF JohnFilch123
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

i'm waiting on UK too, perhaps they need more hardware?

• @corbpie Which one's the second one?

• New location combo (Milan, Madrid and Sydney) the ETA was end of this month right or this is only for hongkong ?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@PandoGulf said:
    New location combo (Milan, Madrid and Sydney) the ETA was end of this month right or this is only for hongkong ?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3176723/#Comment_3176723

Thanked by 1PandoGulf
  • Yeah, seems like this is a massive hiccup with UK servers.

• Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @hosthatch I think it would be a good idea to let people know at what time it would make sense to open a support ticket when their server is not running.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@zappata said:
    @hosthatch I think it would be a good idea to let people know at what time it would make sense to open a support ticket when their server is not running.

Do you mean not running as in delivered but not working? If so - open a ticket any time so we can check.

If you mean not delivered, then please see my earlier post here. Monday would be the day.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @unknownbullet said:
    I'd like to state that I've not recieved my UK order yet, been waiting patiently however I can't help think that communication could and should of been a lot better from host hatch. I.e having to sift through 66 pages to note your replys isn't ideal.

Yh true. To reason the delay would also help people understand and thus to be more patient, I suppose.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @AC_Fan said:
    @corbpie Which one's the second one?

It was from a HostHatch commented deal in this thread.

• @corbpie said:

@AC_Fan said:
    @corbpie Which one's the second one?

It was from a HostHatch commented deal in this thread.

Yeah, just found this:
    SYDNEY:
    4 x 2.9 GHz+ dedicated CPU cores (400% dedicated)
    32 GB RAM
    140 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    3TB bandwidth

Don't see why you would go for this for 25 dollars tho. Stacking the 5 dollar plan in the original post 4 times gets you the same or better specs for 20 dollars.

• @hosthatch said: Please reach out to me in about 10 days if you are an old customer (>1 year) and if you need a plan from one of the original post that we actually make some little money on, and if we have available capacity and it is possible, I will see if I can set it up for you.

Hi @hosthatch, Kudos to you for offering these amazing deals which I feel were best bang for buck among all BF offers this year. Hope most users who were able to pick it in time have received it now. Would it be an appropriate time now for us few folks who were late to the party but long time users of HH to reach out to you? Wouldn't want to disturb you guys while you are still swamped in deployment of existing orders.

• jokotanjokotan Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:
    Do you mean not running as in delivered but not working? If so - open a ticket any time so we can check.

Can you please look at tickets about internal ips also. Please don't keep them as low low priority. Without internal ip it's not possible to build NFS network and as a result to start migration and use vps for its intended purpose.

• @jokotan said:

@hosthatch said:

Can you please look at tickets about internal ips also. Please don't keep them as low low priority. Without internal ip it's not possible to build NFS network and as a result to start migration and use vps for its intended purpose.

+1, I am doing fine with public bandwidth so far, but it was unexpected to receive the storage VPS with internal IP but the other VPS in the same location without one. I guess that this requires manual labor and they cut times to deliver more VPS.

Thanked by 1jokotan
  • skorousskorous Member
    edited December 2020

@jokotan said: Without internal ip it's not possible to build NFS network and as a result to start migration and use vps for its intended purpose.

You know what else makes it hard to use for intended purposes? Not having them yet. Let them finish deploying.

Thanked by 1Rizel
  • Still not got mentioned email from Hosthatch in an official capacity from their billing portal.

• I understand that the response of my non-free-upgrade order will be delayed but will it be proceeded before 2021?

• jokotanjokotan Member
    edited December 2020

@skorous said:

@jokotan said: Without internal ip it's not possible to build NFS network and as a result to start migration and use vps for its intended purpose.

You know what else makes it hard to use for intended purposes? Not having them yet. Let them finish deploying.

I have more vps in the delivery queue, but I actually need only internal ip for provisioned server to start setup NFS. I'm still not going to use the rest until I'm done with provisioned.

So, I'm fine without the rest.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Chocoweb said:
    I understand that the response of my non-free-upgrade order will be delayed but will it be proceeded before 2021?

Yes, very likely over this weekend, by which we plan to finish all provisioning :)