Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 108
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• @hosthatch said: Anyone who has not received their VM within 7 working days after the payment transaction timestamp is eligible for a full refund, so just open a ticket for a refund if you want that.

To avoid further pointless tickets, @all , that's only valid if not a flash sale offer.

• Just got my box in Oslo delivered. The servers are hatching :)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@relentlessdoppelgang said:

@hosthatch said: Anyone who has not received their VM within 7 working days after the payment transaction timestamp is eligible for a full refund, so just open a ticket for a refund if you want that.

To avoid further pointless tickets, @all , that's only valid if not a flash sale offer.

That's good enough.

Lowers the chances of having noisy neighbors ;)

• freddyfreddy Member
    edited December 2020

Hello, just to ask a question people asked before.
    Is it possible to use my Stockholm Storage Server as a disc drive for my NVMe Zurich server?

Or is it only possible for this when servers are in the same data center?

Can i work around it in any way and get it to work? Should be possible as normal using bandwidth quota and not intra network?

I am not a network gynocriminoloncologist!!
    cheers

• Just got my LAX NVMe provisioned! now I got all 3 servers.

@freddy said:
    Hello, just to ask a question people asked before.
    Is it possible to use my Stockholm Storage Server as a disc drive for my NVMe Zurich server?

Or is it only possible for this when servers are in the same data center?

Can i work around it in any way and get it to work? Should be possible as normal using bandwidth quota and not intra network?

cheers

You can and one of the options would be via SSHFS.

• @freddy said:

Take a look at sshfs. Someone here enlightened me to this tool a few pages back.

• Cheers guys @rickonair and @thedp appreciated!

• @thedp said: You can and one of the options would be via SSHFS.

I only played with sshfs a teeny bit a while back. Do you have any experience if sshfs is actually faster than NFS Over Wireguard?

@skorous said:

@thedp said: You can and one of the options would be via SSHFS.

I only played with sshfs a teeny bit a while back. Do you have any experience if sshfs is actually faster than NFS Over Wireguard?

I have not tried NFS+WG but I doubt it's that much of a difference.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

no uk nvme yet...

• @skorous said:

@thedp said: You can and one of the options would be via SSHFS.

Both are fine. There's also GlusterFS, but I've not tried it.

Some things worth keeping in mind:

1. sshfs does not have an active maintainer (see the comment here: https://github.com/libfuse/sshfs#development-status) so known bugs are not likely to be fixed any time soon unless you're willing to fix them yourself :)
    2. NFS and WireGuard are both built into the Linux kernel whereas sshfs is a userland app built on top of FUSE. Generally, kernel code has better performance than userland code.

If you do use NFS, make sure to only use NFSv4, and only listen on the WireGuard IP. If you're using Debian, I updated their wiki a while back with some details on how to do that: https://wiki.debian.org/NFSServerSetup#NFSv4_only

• Just asking whether anyone has BGP sessions already configured for their new servers. Not sure if it's a good idea to create a ticket for IPv6 and BGP now or wait until all servers are provisioned.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@lowendboi said:
    Just asking whether anyone has BGP sessions already configured for their new servers. Not sure if it's a good idea to create a ticket for IPv6 and BGP now or wait until all servers are provisioned.

We haven't processed any BGP requests yet.

Quoting from the original post.

@hosthatch said: Since this is largely manual for now, the guaranteed time for BGP setup is 31st December. (PS - we can also announce your IP ranges from our AS)

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @hosthatch said:

@lowendboi said:
    Just asking whether anyone has BGP sessions already configured for their new servers. Not sure if it's a good idea to create a ticket for IPv6 and BGP now or wait until all servers are provisioned.

We haven't processed any BGP requests yet.

Quoting from the original post.

@hosthatch said: Since this is largely manual for now, the guaranteed time for BGP setup is 31st December. (PS - we can also announce your IP ranges from our AS)

Cool, I opened a ticket for IPv6 and BGP, but I can patiently wait until everyone has got their servers.

Thanked by 1JohnFilch123
  • Cool! I will submit a ticket requesting BGP in 2 weeks then.

• I created a BGP Ticket as well as a IPv6 Ticket @lowendboi

Theyre both on hold, which is expected, and not a problem. They can be done whenever theyre ready for them. (my IPv6 ticket waits for all of my servers to be provisioned)

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • BTW, my NVMe NY is showing finalizing, but its related ticket has been closed two days ago. Should I just wait or should I reply to the closed ticket? Just curious if this situation is normal.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited December 2020

@kend said:
    BTW, my NVMe NY is showing finalizing, but its related ticket has been closed two days ago. Should I just wait or should I reply to the closed ticket? Just curious if this situation is normal.

Apparently normal. Have had this at another location and after a couple days the server got provisioned.

• @webcraft said:

@kend said:
    BTW, my NVMe NY is showing finalizing, but its related ticket has been closed two days ago. Should I just wait or should I reply to the closed ticket? Just curious if this situation is normal.

Apparently normal. Have had this at another location and after a couple days the server got provisioned.

Good to hear! I’ll do nothing but keep on waiting then.

We'll shortly send out an email to all customers with delayed deliveries. Sharing it here for the record.

Thank you for placing an order with us in our Black Friday 2020 promotions.

You currently have one or more pending servers in your account. While we promised a 7 working days delivery time, we were not, unfortunately, able to keep this promise for all of the customers who ordered new servers.

We are changing the ETA of your service delivery to 14th December, 2020. This gives us a few more days to provision your server in a way that we feel more comfortable with as we are still processing pending servers in small batches, rather than one single go which can create unexpected issues. It is likely that you will get your new server in the next few hours, but it is also likely that it might take up till Monday. Due to the volume of the servers involved, we cannot give you an exact time. But we can promise you that it will not take more time than Monday.

We understand that this delay may be inconvenient and as such, will provide you with a full refund and an apology, should you no longer want to proceed with creating these new servers after having waited for 7 working days. We do however hope that you will give us a few more days to get you up and running.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if we can provide any assistance, but please note that we will not be able to entertain requests for faster deliveries. We are already doing the best we can, and cannot give priority to one customer over another.

This email does not apply to pre-orders in Milan, Madrid and Hong Kong, which have an ETA of 31st December. We do not expect any delays on that ETA.

Thank you for your understanding.

@hosthatch said: This email does not apply to pre-orders in Milan, Madrid and Hong Kong, which have an ETA of 31st December

This should cover the Milan, Madrid and Sydney combo package right?

Thanked by 2tetech FrankZ
  • gosh, the oscar for the slowest delivery goes to HH, well deserved.

@JohnFilch123 said:
    gosh, the oscar for the slowest delivery goes to HH, well deserved.

:(

or :) ?

@thedp said:

@hosthatch said: This email does not apply to pre-orders in Milan, Madrid and Hong Kong, which have an ETA of 31st December

Yes it does, but we can provision Sydney earlier if you want. Would prefer to do it on the same day though.

• JohnFilch123JohnFilch123 Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:

@JohnFilch123 said:

Both I suppose...ok last week (or earlier this week, cannot remember now) you said don't start it let's wait until 7th day. Now we are waiting for another x days until Monday. Wonder what would be the story on Monday. Ah yes, let's wait until 31st Dec when HK servers will be provisioned :smiley:

Pro bono lawyers approved it already I am sure.

edited December 2020

@JohnFilch123 said:

@hosthatch said:

@JohnFilch123 said:

Both I suppose...ok last week (or earlier this week, cannot remember now) you said don't start it let's wait until 7th day. Now we are waiting for another x days until Monday. Wonder what would be the story on Monday. Ah yes, let's wait until 31st Dec when HK servers will be provisioned :smiley:

I understand :)

Thank you for being a valued fan though, I see you made nearly 55 comments on our threads in the past few days.

Honestly, not sure what else I can offer you better than a full refund - but people who like to complain usually like to complain no matter what, so can't make you happy, sorry.

• Got all mine. Sydney today. Fantastic. Thankyou @hosthatch

@hosthatch said:

@thedp said:

Yes it does, but we can provision Sydney earlier if you want. Would prefer to do it on the same day though.

Nah dude, I’m ok with the schedule 👌🏼

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JohnFilch123 said:

While we're waiting for our servers to be delivered: What's the matter with these "Pro bono lawyers" you're mentioning all day?