Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyCDN Black Friday Promo: 25% Payment Bonus + $6 FREE Promo Code - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyCDN Black Friday Promo: 25% Payment Bonus + $6 FREE Promo Code

13»

Comments

• @t0ny0 said:
    I am more than happy to pay the mind-bending $1/month for this service, even if I have only used 50c.

When one gets to the point that $1/m is too much for a CDN - then something else needs to change, not the CDN billing :-)

You are changing direction of talk with just thinking about $1.

• So even if I do not use the account (I will not have any zone), I will still pay $1 a month?

• I see that you also changed the billing from storage zones somehow? Last time (looong time ago) I checked traffic was free (pull zone) if the file were in storage zone, now it seems it's not?

• @adilolv said: I think the old billing system was better, because you add 10$ per year, and if you dont use it all, you will still have it in your account, just you have to add it again next year.

I think the older system was better as well, but for small users it was complicated to understand that you had to add 10$ even if you did use only 0.5$/y. Now if you're a small user you don't have no choice but to spend 12$/y or switch back to CF. I imagine the goal was also to attract bigger users, more interesting than small users which will use resources (rules in RAM and stuff like that) and spend almost nothing.

It still is interesting though, and even more so with the new features added lately.

@Hotmarer said: So even if I do not use the account (I will not have any zone), I will still pay $1 a month?

Exactly.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

There was no motive behind the change besides making people happy. We got attacked so many times and accused of extortion and whatnot because people didn’t understand it. We also didn’t want to force people to feel bad if they had $50 on the account which they’d just refresh so that it wouldn’t expire. It’s really a hard psychological factor that it creates if your balance is expiring and we didn’t want to force people to feel forced into anything.

It was better for everyone in the end despite technically being a worse system.

Thanked by 3Chocoweb pbx adilolv
  • @BunnySpeed Any plans on adding wildcard support for purging URL lists?

edited December 2020

@Sova said:
    @BunnySpeed Any plans on adding wildcard support for purging URL lists?

It's something we're exploring, but no short-term plans as it's a bit tricky to do from a technical perspective I'm afraid.

Thanked by 1Sova
  • Don't know how I missed this thread, better luck next year. Been using BunnyCDN for a few years now, more than satisfied with its performance.

• Did anyone experience weird volume pricing routing? my users in Indonesia are routed to DE & LA Datacenter instead of SG on Volume Pricing. But when I activate the Standard pricing, it's all fine, my users are routed to SG Datacenter.

• @DianTama said:
    Did anyone experience weird volume pricing routing? my users in Indonesia are routed to DE & LA Datacenter instead of SG on Volume Pricing. But when I activate the Standard pricing, it's all fine, my users are routed to SG Datacenter.

Me too, instead of served from SG, half of the daily request are served from LA.

• @Roldan said:

@DianTama said:
    Did anyone experience weird volume pricing routing? my users in Indonesia are routed to DE & LA Datacenter instead of SG on Volume Pricing. But when I activate the Standard pricing, it's all fine, my users are routed to SG Datacenter.

Me too, instead of served from SG, half of the daily request are served from LA.

This happened to me a few times. I was told that they have different servers for Volume and Standard, and their Volume PoP (especially on SG) seems to go into problem time to time. Would be nice if they were a bit more transparent on this though

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @sanvit said:

@Roldan said:

@DianTama said:

This happened to me a few times. I was told that they have different servers for Volume and Standard, and their Volume PoP (especially on SG) seems to go into problem time to time. Would be nice if they were a bit more transparent on this though

@Roldan said:

@DianTama said:

After submitting a ticket,
    they told me that Indonesia ISP have a connectivity issue with their singapore POPs, so they re-route it to Frankfurt for more efficiency while waiting for them to set up their secondary POPs in Singapore :D

If you have a question, I recommend you to contact their support, because their support is superb! they always help me and their response time is fast.

Thanked by 2sanvit pbx
  • time to add POP in Indonesia?

• @sanvit said: I was told that they have different servers for Volume and Standard, and their Volume PoP (especially on SG) seems to go into problem time to time. Would be nice if they were a bit more transparent on this though

I'm curious now on the specs difference :/
    Using an HDD maybe? and slower CPU servers.

@Roldan said:

@sanvit said: I was told that they have different servers for Volume and Standard, and their Volume PoP (especially on SG) seems to go into problem time to time. Would be nice if they were a bit more transparent on this though

I'm curious now on the specs difference :/
    Using an HDD maybe? and slower CPU servers.

We use the same hardware for both High Volume and Standard. In fact, High Volume hardware is usually much more powerful as we're doing more traffic there. We're hoping to have a blog post about some of the hardware that we use. Either way, all servers run SSD or NVMe drives and we keep the same standards for both tiers.

What we mean by different servers is basically a separate PoP that some CDNs would list as 2 PoPs, but we don't. Each group is used to serve specific locations due to different networking profiles. This way we maximize performance to all destinations.

Thanked by 3sanvit pbx Roldan

@sibaper said:
    time to add POP in Indonesia?

Unfortunately, the local traffic costs too much, which is preventing us to do that at this point. Once we find a suitable solution that can fit into our pricing, we will definitely open a PoP there though :)

• The code is expired. I am too late.

I am thinking of taking their Storage service for serving my videos if that works like AWS (secured). Kindly suggest. It may not burn my pocket. I require 1-3 TB traffic per month for serving my video files.

edited December 2020

@ashmanmalhotra said:
    The code is expired. I am too late.

I am thinking of taking their Storage service for serving my videos if that works like AWS (secured). Kindly suggest. It may not burn my pocket. I require 1-3 TB traffic per month for serving my video files.

Never too late, just open a ticket :) We'll be happy to help.
    I think the High Volume tier CDN and Edge Storage would be a perfect combo for video.

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    The code is expired. I am too late.

Their storage is FTP based (aka no S3 API support / at least for now). So if your application support FTP upload, than imo bunny is your way to go. I am not sure what you would define ‘Burn your pocket’, but their pricing is straightforward and there is also a calculator on their website so I recommend you do your own math.

What I can be sure on is you will get way better support (both time and being helpful) and great performance (I personally didn’t have that big of a difference for personal use, and I believe you won’t either if you’re using few TBs a mo) for the fraction of what you’ll pay to AWS

• @sanvit @BunnySpeed
    Actually I am looking forward to serve Videos on my website. There will be free courses which I would serve from YouTube including some on yours (if it works). Otherwise, I require an alternative to AWS like service for paid videos, which I could serve from my website. The videos link should only be accessible from particular domain. Access outside the domain shall be prohibited.

• @ashmanmalhotra said:
    @sanvit @BunnySpeed
    The videos link should only be accessible from particular domain. Access outside the domain shall be prohibited.

https://support.bunnycdn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000236671-How-to-set-up-hotlinking-protection

We offer very simple hotlinking protection where you can block requests to other domains or a more secure token authentication, but that needs more dev work.

• @BunnySpeed said: Unfortunately, the local traffic costs too much, which is preventing us to do that at this point. Once we find a suitable solution that can fit into our pricing, we will definitely open a PoP there though :)

Maybe you can look https://www.biznetgio.com/ which (currently) doesn't charge bandwidth usage :)

• @danninov said: Maybe you can look https://www.biznetgio.com/ which (currently) doesn't charge bandwidth usage :)

That's not how hosting in real life works. A CDN pop may need 100GBs+ bandwidth.