Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyCDN Black Friday Promo: 25% Payment Bonus + $6 FREE Promo Code - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyCDN Black Friday Promo: 25% Payment Bonus + $6 FREE Promo Code

Comments

• @BunnySpeed said:

@HWAYS said:
    Never again for me. I have around 15 usd with them I didn't use and now the credit is frozen asmi didn't consume them in 12 months. Too bad. I think that is not a normal situation to force someone to spend all their money.

We're always happy to extend/restore the credits for you. We actually changed the old billing system because it seems people just didn't understand why it works how it does: https://bunnycdn.com/blog/billing-changes-for-new-accounts/

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way. It was a simple way to provide a small $1 fee per month, while also allowing you to keep the credits. A good intention from our side.

It was never intended to force anyone into anything. So we replaced it with a worse system in theory, but everyone is happier now :) The credits no longer expire and we simply require a minimum $1 fee per month.

I do understand that it's really a psychological thing though, as one might feel that we were forcing people to recharge, but in reality, for the actual user, the old system was actually much better.

If the credit ever expired or is expiring, let us know and we'll extend that for you forever. I'd hate to see you unhappy just because of that.

I don't wanna ruin this forum section. I don't have a lot of traffic. I loaded 10 usd in February 2019, each month i spend 0.01 cents and in March 2020 i have 0 usd into your account.

While on other services in the industry have credits loaded for few years and nobody is spending them on a "have to load.1 usd per.month".

That's all from me and I feel sorrow that ever used your services.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2020

Thanks, promo code applied, not all set for next 2 years (incl existing account credit :-))
    Maybe I should add funds (get bonus) and make it three years.
    Cheers

• It does not allow to use paypal funds to recharge account.

• KenobisVPSKenobisVPS Member
    edited November 2020

Holy cow I have been waiting for a year now for this!
    Do I need to open any ticket to apply the 25% bonus?

• pkrpkr Member
    edited November 2020

Hello @BunnySpeed,
    "25% recharge bonus for one payment on Black Friday" - I saw this offer in my account. Now it disappeared. How can I get it?

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@BunnySpeed Why should I use BunnyCDN instead of a competitor like CloudFlare or Fastly?

Legitimately curious, never felt the need to switch off of CF, curious what you think.

• Thank you so much for the promo code.

• @cazrz said:
    It does not allow to use paypal funds to recharge account.

You should be able to:

• @lentro said:
    @BunnySpeed Why should I use BunnyCDN instead of a competitor like CloudFlare or Fastly?

Legitimately curious, never felt the need to switch off of CF, curious what you think.

CloudFlare is well.. CloudFlare. It's a unique service, if it works for you, it's basically perfect. Fastly has some pretty good features too, but it's fairly expensive. BunnyCDN is a low cost, high performance alternative to both of them.

• Been a loyal customer, nice and rock solid CDN service

• @doghouch said:

@cazrz said:

You should be able to:

Yep it does not allow you to use Paypal funds. It wants you to use your CC in your Paypal account.

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

Waiting for you guys to give CDN for streaming

• @handyhost said:

+1

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2020

@lentro said:

Free is hard to argue for smaller sites, but $1 per month comes pretty close. But compared to their free plan, we do usually see better performance, better cache hit rates and we have all of the features included for free. I think the $1 is worth it, but I'm biased ofc. We also don't force you to change the DNS to us, try to upsell you 1000 different features, or try to monopolize the internet. We're just trying to make a great service.

Once you start paying for CloudFlare, I'd argue you probably end up paying more than for Bunny.

Due to the growth over the past years and getting the CDN itself where we want it, we have now started offering our own unique features such as Edge Storage, which offers incredible performance for worldwide data delivery compared to anything else out there. Since we're much smaller, we're trying to focus on a few products and do those well though.

Other stuff is coming too, but in the end, I think right now, many people compare us for example to Fastly and somehow think we're slower, just because it costs much less and because we have an arguably silly name. In reality, the performance should be quite close depending on the region of course. We've taken on customers from Fastly and they've been happy so far for example :)

I've seen a comment on LET last year "BunnyCDN is just a bunch of servers around the world", which was quite funny, because a lot of it just has to do with a perception of the service based on the name and marketing rather than actually giving it a try.

We are not the absolute fastest CDN, but we are very well trying to get close at this price point.

@cazrz said:

@handyhost said:

+1

@handyhost said:

We actually have a streaming product coming Q1 next year. For example https://video.bunnycdn.com/play/7/cb417402-b9ce-42bc-abed-846f1ea6346a

Thanks to Edge Storage, we've seen the experience be so much better compared to traditional CDNs with this as well for example.

If anyone is interested, you can open a ticket or send us an email and we'll put you on the early preview list.

Thanked by 2vyas11 vimalware

@cazrz said:

@doghouch said:

@cazrz said:

You should be able to:

Yep it does not allow you to use Paypal funds. It wants you to use your CC in your Paypal account.

@doghouch was almost right. The initial payment demands CC, but then any subsequent payments are taken from the PayPal balance directly. It's not something we can control, unfortunately as it's all handled by Braintree.

Thanked by 1cazrz
  • cazrzcazrz Member
    edited November 2020

@BunnySpeed

It does not allow to use Paypal funds to recharge account. When clicking paypal button it only shows me the option to use CC in paypal but not the option to use funds.

[Edit]

Already answered above.

• Ticket on its way for video preview

Yep, sorry if I wasn't clear. The first payment is forcing a credit card payment. Then all other payments are taken from PayPal balance. Braintree/PayPal does this and I have no idea why.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@BunnySpeed said:
    Yep, sorry if I wasn't clear. The first payment is forcing a credit card payment. Then all other payments are taken from PayPal balance. Braintree/PayPal does this and I have no idea why.

That's because PayPal does what it likes. No one has an idea why 😂

• @t0ny0 said:
    Nice!

Thank you Dejan.
    Got over $25 in my account now, good enough for the next 10 years lol 😂

Nope. Don't forget, you still need to add 10 USD every year, otherwise all the credit will be wiped off.

• what a way to say hello to a new registrant:

Account Temporarily Disabled

Your account has been flagged by our automatic fraud prevention system. If you believe this is a mistake, please contact us at [email protected].

Is this a joke? just wow

@simo said:
    what a way to say hello to a new registrant:

Account Temporarily Disabled

Your account has been flagged by our automatic fraud prevention system. If you believe this is a mistake, please contact us at [email protected].

Is this a joke? just wow

Sorry about that. I can't go into details, but sadly it's the job of a few people to make life difficult for the rest of us. We've had to get very strict with abuse prevention as we get 10-20 malicious signups per day.

If you open a ticket we'll be happy to help though.

@lovelyserver said:

@t0ny0 said:
    Nice!

Thank you Dejan.
    Got over $25 in my account now, good enough for the next 10 years lol 😂

Nope. Don't forget, you still need to add 10 USD every year, otherwise all the credit will be wiped off.

Not anymore. If you read above, we no longer have expiring credits depending on when the account was created. It's now a $1 minimum usage per month. If you'd prefer to switch to the new system you can also let us know and we'll be more than happy to put you on either one.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • ^ @BunnySpeed

Out of curiosity, if I was a new account (no expiring credits) and I fail to reach the $1 quota for a month, what would happen? Will my credits be deducted by $1?

If you reach $0.5, then we deduct an extra $0.5 to make it $1

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • So, currently, I'm on a free trial.
    Is there any way to see the daily cost?

• @BunnySpeed said:
    If you reach $0.5, then we deduct an extra $0.5 to make it $1

Still an awesome deal compared to the price and features considered.
    We are re vamping several of our websites, looking forward to using BunnyCDN and Gumlet (as alternate)

• @lovelyserver said:

I think the old billing system was better, because you add 10$ per year, and if you dont use it all, you will still have it in your account, just you have to add it again next year.

In the new system, you pay 12$ per year, use it or not it will be gone.

Thanked by 2pbx adly
  • @adilolv said:

@lovelyserver said:

I think the old billing system was better, because you add 10$ per year, and if you dont use it all, you will still have it in your account, just you have to add it again next year.

In the new system, you pay 12$ per year, use it or not it will be gone.

To me it also looks same as if we do not get time to setup CDN for next few months it will still cost $1. I also like old system if possible to switch.

• I am more than happy to pay the mind-bending $1/month for this service, even if I have only used 50c.

When one gets to the point that $1/m is too much for a CDN - then something else needs to change, not the CDN billing :-)

Thanked by 2pbx vimalware