Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRAZY DEALS + CRAZY GIVEAWAY. THE HOTTEST BLACK FRIDAY THREAD. 40+ Prizes by RackNerd - Page 210
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CRAZY DEALS + CRAZY GIVEAWAY. THE HOTTEST BLACK FRIDAY THREAD. 40+ Prizes by RackNerd

Comments

• @dustinc said: Generally customers from Europe (i.e. NL) choose locations such as

Doesn't it make more sense to site your servers where you are targetting to recruit new customers and serve existing ones? I don't care if my connection to LA, Dallas or Seattle is slow, I see them as an opportunity to enter the Au/Pacific basin (LA-02) and the USA West Coast area (Seattle, Dallas and the other LA DC) markets for web space and associated services.

• sander815sander815 Member
    edited December 2020

Email sent. Never had such an issue with us servers. I was glad I could buy one vps, I missed all other locations

Also opened a ticket some hours ago

• @sander815 said:
    can some people please test the download speed?
    http://198.23.249.208:8088/1g.img

Can't even get through to the specified IP. Tried from several locations and networks in Europe and the US - always ends after several cogentco hops at 38.32.13.x. Routing issues would be highly plausible i.m.o.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Vienna said:

@sander815 said:
    can some people please test the download speed?
    http://198.23.249.208:8088/1g.img

Can't even get through to the specified IP. Tried from several locations and networks in Europe and the US - always ends after several cogentco hops at 38.32.13.x. Routing issues would be highly plausible i.m.o.

Hi Vienna, thank you for commenting. Please note that the aforementioned IP is offline since we worked out a migration closer to home with the customer via e-mail, and as he's migrating to a different location, an IP change is necessary :)

• issue has been resolved, thanx @dustinc

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • @dustinc said:

@Vienna said:

Hi Vienna, thank you for commenting. Please note that the aforementioned IP is offline since we worked out a migration closer to home with the customer via e-mail, and as he's migrating to a different location, an IP change is necessary :)

Always a good sign when a provider solves a customer's problem so quickly that other people's attempts to be helpful turn out useless. It seems my own account with you is in good hands. :)

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@dustinc said:

GOOD NEWS!
    Amsterdam is now live, this is EXCITING news for us! You guys are the first to know. We will be announcing this via social media shortly.

We're slowly rolling out the machines, our first one is fully up and running. We will continue deploying the additional nodes on our side. For those who have been approved migration to AMS once live (via our ticketing system), we will be reaching out to you via that ticket/email within 24-hours. We ask that you do not bump the ticket/email unless you do not hear from us after this time has passed.

For those who did not obtain approval. We currently are not honoring migration request - as this requires a lot of manual labor, and our costs do not allow us to do this. So you can order a new service in Amsterdam if desired. You may see the option within our order forms, with a slight difference in cost for this particular location due to operational cost.

Looking Glass: http://lg-ams.racknerd.com/

Want to order in Amsterdam? Check these deals out and select Amsterdam as the location. A small price attached, to cover the cost for this location.

https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/cyber-monday-2020

I don't need any migration as I haven't used the previous one. Re-creating will work. Should I notify it in the ticket ??

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@dustinc said:

GOOD NEWS!
    Amsterdam is now live, this is EXCITING news for us! You guys are the first to know. We will be announcing this via social media shortly.

We're slowly rolling out the machines, our first one is fully up and running. We will continue deploying the additional nodes on our side. For those who have been approved migration to AMS once live (via our ticketing system), we will be reaching out to you via that ticket/email within 24-hours. We ask that you do not bump the ticket/email unless you do not hear from us after this time has passed.

For those who did not obtain approval. We currently are not honoring migration request - as this requires a lot of manual labor, and our costs do not allow us to do this. So you can order a new service in Amsterdam if desired. You may see the option within our order forms, with a slight difference in cost for this particular location due to operational cost.

Want to order in Amsterdam? Check these deals out and select Amsterdam as the location. A small price attached, to cover the cost for this location.

I don't need any migration as I haven't used the previous one. Re-creating will work. Should I notify it in the ticket ??

Hello, if this was something that we had approved, as part of ordering with RackNerd in advance, this can be done. Though anyone who was approved for this would have a ticket already opened for this within the portal, with communication already with us.

Otherwise, if this location is desired, and the above was not previously agreed upon, you can order a new service within this region. If we otherwise allowed migrations between facilities, we'd have an endless amount of these requests, furthermore abuse i.e IP rotation, as such this isn't something we can do at this time.

Thanked by 1Wolf

@dustinc said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@dustinc said:

GOOD NEWS!

Hello, if this was something that we had approved, as part of ordering with RackNerd in advance, this can be done. Though anyone who was approved for this would have a ticket already opened for this within the portal, with communication already with us.

Otherwise, if this location is desired, and the above was not previously agreed upon, you can order a new service within this region. If we otherwise allowed migrations between facilities, we'd have an endless amount of these requests, furthermore abuse i.e IP rotation, as such this isn't something we can do at this time.

No, no. I'm approved one. The ticket status is on hold from 11.11. Isn't that approved ??

@Vienna said:

@dustinc said:

@Vienna said:

Always a good sign when a provider solves a customer's problem so quickly that other people's attempts to be helpful turn out useless. It seems my own account with you is in good hands. :)

Any help is better than no help.

We're happy to have you with us B)

• RACKNERD AMSTERDAM KVM VPS

let's just pretend I posted in time :wink:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@dustinc said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@dustinc said:

GOOD NEWS!

No, no. I'm approved one. The ticket status is on hold from 11.11. Isn't that approved ??

Hello - if there is a ticket with the approval, as per our original announcement we will certainly be responding within 24 hours of that original announcement. Please read the announcement. We have you covered :)

@dustinc said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@dustinc said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

@dustinc said:

GOOD NEWS!

Hello - if there is a ticket with the approval, as per our original announcement we will certainly be responding within 24 hours of that original announcement. Please read the announcement. We have you covered :)

Already received My VPS 😁 Thanks, Man. You're great ❤️

Thanked by 1Wolf
    edited December 2020

By the way, won't it geolocate to AMS ? https://whois.domaintools.com/23.94.101.88

It still shows ColoCrossing in IP Whois 🤔 Might take little time to update, right ?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: It still shows ColoCrossing in IP Whois

AMS is ColoCrossing

Thanked by 2Mahfuz_SS_EHL Ganonk
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

Yes it seems that the IP is still geolocated to the US.

• @dustinc Congrats on you guys' new location !!! and I hope you guys can add Japan in the future.

By the way, can I still get the double bw? I have two invoices here #798096 and #803201.

thank u so much!!!

• Indeed Japan would be my preference as well. So hopefully future @dustinc you are able to add Japan.

@tomle said:
    Yes it seems that the IP is still geolocated to the US.

Hello - we've submitted the GeoIP correction with MaxMind, they update their records every Tuesday. So the IPs should reflect AMS by Tuesday.

• Is there maybe another AMS give away coming to those that haven't been lucky yet? :-)
    Or all done?

RACKNERD AMSTERDAM KVM VPS

• @ZA_capetown said:
    Is there maybe another AMS give away coming to those that haven't been lucky yet? :-)
    Or all done?

RACKNERD AMSTERDAM KVM VPS

I want to ask the same question. :D @dustinc

• @dustinc said: anyone who was approved for this would have a ticket already opened for this within the portal, with communication already with us

In my case, one of my LA services was approved for migration to AMS - but the ticket was closed by the support team after they replied.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: No, no. I'm approved one. The ticket status is on hold from 11.11.

Was wondering if my ticket should also have been left "answered" or "on-hold" so support would know to come back and do something about it when they were ready.

Sorry, can't help being anxious. :/

@Whoa said:

@dustinc said: anyone who was approved for this would have a ticket already opened for this within the portal, with communication already with us

In my case, one of my LA services was approved for migration to AMS - but the ticket was closed by the support team after they replied.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: No, no. I'm approved one. The ticket status is on hold from 11.11.

Was wondering if my ticket should also have been left "answered" or "on-hold" so support would know to come back and do something about it when they were ready.

I believe we may have left your ticket "answered" by accident, It should of been placed on-hold after replying to you. Please share your ticket number and I'll get this taken care of right away.

Lastly, as of earlier today, we reached out to everyone who had been approved for this. So if we missed you, by chance, just let me know :)

• @dustinc said:

@Whoa said:

@dustinc said: anyone who was approved for this would have a ticket already opened for this within the portal, with communication already with us

I believe we may have left your ticket "answered" by accident, It should of been placed on-hold after replying to you. Please share your ticket number and I'll get this taken care of right away.

Lastly, as of earlier today, we reached out to everyone who had been approved for this. So if we missed you, by chance, just let me know :)

I have one of those request, please check your email and dm, thank you.

@miusang said:
    Double BW Request
    Order Number: 4590320363

Hello - thank you for your patience! We've gone ahead and doubled your bandwidth allocation.

@xpress7 said:
    Please double the bandwidth :p

Order Number: 8659029206

Thank you for working with us ;) Bandwidth has been doubled.

@tool said:
    Hi, please double BW for invoice #791417, #819980. Thanks! :wink:

Hi @tool - thank you for giving us an opportunity to work with you. We've doubled your bandwidth allocation.

We sincerely appreciate your business!

Thanked by 1tool

@uzaysan said:
    Double bandwidth please

These orders have been upgraded. Thank You!

@dewata said:
    Double BW Please

Bandwidth has been doubled. Thank You!

• @dustinc said: I believe we may have left your ticket "answered" by accident, It should of been placed on-hold after replying to you. Please share your ticket number and I'll get this taken care of right away.

Thanks! sent you ticket # via DM.