Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ SSD ★ 384MB KVM - $7.50/YR ★ 16GB Dedicated - $25/MO ★ 2GB KVM - $3/MO ★ DDoS Protected - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ SSD ★ 384MB KVM - $7.50/YR ★ 16GB Dedicated - $25/MO ★ 2GB KVM - $3/MO ★ DDoS Protected

Comments

• medworthymedworthy Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach,
    It has now been four days since I first encountered intermittent Cloudflare based 524 (timeout) errors when trying to access https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php.

Yesterday (2nd), I was able to login after spending well over an hour refreshing the browser page and once logged in, I created two tickets. One of these tickets (#411578) described the 524 error but when I successfully re-logged in later (again, after needing to refresh the browser page several times), I noticed that #411578 was removed from my ticket list and no further feedback was provided.

I also wanted to review and provide further information to another ticket (which due to the 524 issue, I couldn't review and therefore, submitted further information via a new ticket, re: tickets #226447 and #243360) in relation to an additional IP address which I purchased on November 29th.

Considering that I have already paid for the inclusion of an additional IP address and have yet to receive the provision, I request that both the 524 and my IP allocation issues be treated as being a priority. Please note that my VPS contract is up for renewal on the 17th and due to the issue of finding a suitable alternative provider, as well as the complications in relation to deploying my existing services with an alternative provider, I would prefer to keep using Virmach.

However, if these issues are not resolved soon, I may be forced to seek alternative provisions.

I hope that these issues can be resolved quickly and amicably.

• @medworthy said:
    @VirMach,
    It has now been four days since I first encountered intermittent Cloudflare based 524 (timeout) errors when trying to access https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php.

Yesterday (2nd), I was able to login after spending well over an hour refreshing the browser page and once logged in, I created two tickets. One of these tickets (#411578) described the 524 error but when I successfully re-logged in later (again, after needing to refresh the browser page several times), I noticed that #411578 was removed from my ticket list and no further feedback was provided.

I also wanted to review and provide further information to another ticket (which due to the 524 issue, I couldn't review and therefore, submitted further information via a new ticket, re: tickets #226447 and #243360) in relation to an additional IP address which I purchased on November 29th.

Considering that I have already paid for the inclusion of an additional IP address and have yet to receive the provision, I request that both the 524 and my IP allocation issues be treated as being a priority. Please note that my VPS contract is up for renewal on the 17th and due to the issue of finding a suitable alternative provider, as well as the complications in relation to deploying my existing services with an alternative provider, I would prefer to keep using Virmach.

However, if these issues are not resolved soon, I may be forced to seek alternative provisions.

I hope that these issues can be resolved quickly and amicably.

It's going to be awkward when you realize you're small peanuts and your request for priority is very far down on the list after getting the client area fixed for EVERYONE (the 524 issue).

Second, an additional IP to a working service is again, very far down on priority list after getting non functioning services working again.

When you do $10k+ of business a month, feel free to request priority for simple IP when things are on fire at your provider.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@medworthy said: Yesterday (2nd), I was able to login after spending well over an hour refreshing the browser page and once logged in, I created two tickets. One of these tickets (#411578) described the 524 error but when I successfully re-logged in later (again, after needing to refresh the browser page several times), I noticed that #411578 was removed from my ticket list and no further feedback was provided.

That ticket doesn't exist. Probably a strange bug in between the 524's.

@medworthy said: However, if these issues are not resolved soon, I may be forced to seek alternative provisions.

Listen, we definitely don't want people forced to keep any special offers. We understand sometimes you may expect a different level of support or might be in a rush, but then it would be the worst product and worst time to purchase it from us. Of course, there are limitations to what we can usually do within our policies but in these cases, we can usually provide you a refund. Let me know.

Otherwise, if you prefer using us then they'll be resolved when they're resolved. We have a large queue and we seem to be catching up but I can't guarantee anything.

• E3-SD+ New York4 Available Is out of stock :(

edited December 2020

@TimboJones said:
    It's going to be awkward when you realize you're small peanuts and your request for priority is very far down on the list after getting the client area fixed for EVERYONE (the 524 issue).

Second, an additional IP to a working service is again, very far down on priority list after getting non functioning services working again.

When you do $10k+ of business a month, feel free to request priority for simple IP when things are on fire at your provider.

@TimboJones,
    I understand and appreciate that currently, there are issues with Virmach's client area provisions but I am presuming that you haven't worked within a professionally managed customer service based environment (and I am also presuming that you are not a Virtual Machine Solutions LLC representative). If you have actually worked within the area of customer services then you should appreciate that customers expect to receive the services that they have contractually agreed to, irrelevant of how much the customer has paid (it is worth noting that while I have been talking about a simple IP allocation issue, I may want to purchase further services at a future point, depending on my requirements).

• pachiakapachiaka Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said: VirMach

haveHigh configuration ?
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – Requested + KVM + 10GIGABIT + 3GHz
    RAM 8888MB
    CPU 8x
    HDD 110GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 3000GB

edited December 2020

@VirMach said: Listen, we definitely don't want people forced to keep any special offers. We understand sometimes you may expect a different level of support or might be in a rush, but then it would be the worst product and worst time to purchase it from us. Of course, there are limitations to what we can usually do within our policies but in these cases, we can usually provide you a refund. Let me know.

Otherwise, if you prefer using us then they'll be resolved when they're resolved. We have a large queue and we seem to be catching up but I can't guarantee anything.

@VirMach,
    As I have said within my reply to @TimboJones, I appreciate that currently, there are issues with Virmach's client area provisions and I am presuming that Virmach's MIS / IT department is doing the best it can do to resolve the issues.

However, I am a bit concerned that due to these issues, there may be problems when I come to renew my contract (and therefore, keeping the services which I have deployed within the provided VPS) and am wondering that if there are going to be ongoing intermittent issues then are there any plans to implement an alternative (possibly temporary) e-commerce / payment solution?

Please note that as far as I am aware, I am not signed up to any special offer and have been using Virmach services since June 2019.

Also please note that I have been extremely happy with the services that Virmach provides and during the course of my ongoing contract, I have found that Virmach staff have acted within a professional and efficient manner (this is another reason why I am reluctant to seek an alternative provider).

• @medworthy said:

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones,
    I understand and appreciate that currently, there are issues with Virmach's client area provisions but I am presuming that you haven't worked within a professionally managed customer service based environment (and I am also presuming that you are not a Virtual Machine Solutions LLC representative). If you have actually worked within the area of customer services then you should appreciate that customers expect to receive the services that they have contractually agreed to, irrelevant of how much the customer has paid (it is worth noting that while I have been talking about a simple IP allocation issue, I may want to purchase further services at a future point, depending on my requirements).

I'm saying getting the client area working is highest priority, way higher than you. Basic customer service knows to prioritize, and you are NOT a priority. You seem to argue but then make my point.

Tl;dr whoosh

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @medworthy said:

@VirMach said: Listen, we definitely don't want people forced to keep any special offers. We understand sometimes you may expect a different level of support or might be in a rush, but then it would be the worst product and worst time to purchase it from us. Of course, there are limitations to what we can usually do within our policies but in these cases, we can usually provide you a refund. Let me know.

@VirMach,
    As I have said within my reply to @TimboJones, I appreciate that currently, there are issues with Virmach's client area provisions and I am presuming that Virmach's MIS / IT department is doing the best it can do to resolve the issues.

However, I am a bit concerned that due to these issues, there may be problems when I come to renew my contract (and therefore, keeping the services which I have deployed within the provided VPS) and am wondering that if there are going to be ongoing intermittent issues then are there any plans to implement an alternative (possibly temporary) e-commerce / payment solution?

Please note that as far as I am aware, I am not signed up to any special offer and have been using Virmach services since June 2019.

Also please note that I have been extremely happy with the services that Virmach provides and during the course of my ongoing contract, I have found that Virmach staff have acted within a professional and efficient manner (this is another reason why I am reluctant to seek an alternative provider).

One more time: you're in the support queue. It will get resolved eventually. Don't know when. Just wait, or take your business elsewhere. You've made your threats, Virmach responded it won't be expedited, and now you need to wait. That's all.

edited December 2020

@TimboJones said:

@medworthy said:

@VirMach,

One more time: you're in the support queue. It will get resolved eventually. Don't know when. Just wait, or take your business elsewhere. You've made your threats, Virmach responded it won't be expedited, and now you need to wait. That's all.

@TimboJones,
    With all due respect, I have not made any threats. I have just simply explained my situation and asked about an alternative payment solution so that I can continue to use the provisions after the 17th of this month (which is in less then 2 weeks time). That is all.

• @medworthy said:

@TimboJones said:

@medworthy said:

@VirMach,

@TimboJones,
    With all due respect, I have not made any threats. I have just simply explained my situation and asked about an alternative payment solution so that I can continue to use the provisions after the 17th of this month (which is in less then 2 weeks time). That is all.

We have a difference of opinion. Here you request priority, then tell them you'll otherwise seek business elsewhere. aka, give me what I want, or you lose my business.

FYI, when a company has lost the ability to accept customer money, you can believe it will be treated with critical urgency at the company. You can assume they are doing everything in their power to get it up and running so they can continue to receive money. From everyone. Emphasis added.

edited December 2020

@TimboJones said: We have a difference of opinion. Here you request priority, then tell them you'll otherwise seek business elsewhere. aka, give me what I want, or you lose my business.

@TimboJones,
    Please note that I live in the real world and one of the things that I have to deal with within the real world is a little issue which most people would recognise as being termed as "deadlines". Within the context of our conversation, this deadline concept means having my deployed services continuously working after the 17th and as such, one of my roles is to act as a project manager and to proactively make sure that my deployed services stays active with as little interruption (downtime) as is humanly possible within the constraints that I encounter.

The fact is that if I am unable to pay for the renewal of my contract with Virmach, I may discover that on / after the 17th, the current contract could be voided. Which would possibly (most likely) result in the interruption of my deployed services and cause those deployed services to suffer from the issue of downtime (which is something that I am trying to avoid).

Please also note that I have calculated that it would take me around a week to find a suitable alternative provider and to deploy my services within the new provider's VPS provisions. Which based on my current schedule, would cause me a significant amount of time to accomplish (especially if I want to meet the December 17th deadline).

Therefore, I consider the "however, if these issues are not resolved soon, I may be forced to seek alternative provisions" sentence as not being a threat but instead, as being a factual statement (I have no intention of causing Virmach any reputational harm but instead, I do have to ultimately consider the ongoing running and usage of my deployed services).

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @medworthy said:

@TimboJones said: We have a difference of opinion. Here you request priority, then tell them you'll otherwise seek business elsewhere. aka, give me what I want, or you lose my business.

@TimboJones,
    Please note that I live in the real world and one of the things that I have to deal with within the real world is a little issue which most people would recognise as being termed as "deadlines". Within the context of our conversation, this deadline concept means having my deployed services continuously working after the 17th and as such, one of my roles is to act as a project manager and proactively make sure that my deployed services stay active with as little interruption (downtime) as is humanly possible within the constraints that I encounter.

The fact is that if I am unable to pay for the renewal of my contract with Virmach, I may discover that after the 17th, the current contract would be voided. Which would possibly (most likely) result in the interruption of my deployed services and cause those deployed services to suffer from the issue of downtime (which is something that I am trying to avoid).

Please also note that I have calculated that it would take me around a week to find a suitable alternative provider and to deploy my services within the new provider's VPS provisions. Which based on my current schedule, would cause me a significant amount of time to accomplish (especially if I want to meet the December 17th deadline).

Therefore, I consider the "however, if these issues are not resolved soon, I may be forced to seek alternative provisions" sentence as not being a threat but instead, as being a factual statement.

This is actually very true and very valid. I too looking for long term solution for a project of my company and while my vps is provisioned and working, i too one day will need to renew and very well might face the issue you are facing now.

I believe the only reasonable and responsible course of action is to looking for alternative now. Pay for a month, deploy your service there while wait for virmach fixing the billing. If your service did get terminated, you got it covered.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @medworthy said: Please also note that I have calculated that it would take me around a week to find a suitable alternative provider and to deploy my services within the new provider's VPS provisions.

You don't need a week to find a new host. Go with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure and make it a day.

The 17th is still fairly far away considering their probably a lot of user in worst case of you, who was unable to pay their now overdue invoice. But Virmach is well aware of the situation and they don't have a reputation to shit on their customer where isn't customer mistake. I'm confident will make this right and you should not worry about your service being terminated.

edited December 2020

@ben47955 said: You don't need a week to find a new host. Go with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure and make it a day.

@ben47955,
    Sorry but I don't really agree with Google LLC, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Corporations terms of services. There is also a cost / budget implication which I have to consider as well.

As I have stated within my last comment, the week turnaround also includes the actual time to redeploy of my services as well.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @medworthy said:

@ben47955 said: You don't need a week to find a new host. Go with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure and make it a day.

@ben47955,
    Sorry but I don't really agree with Google LLC, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Corporations terms of services. There is also a cost / budget implication which I have to consider as well.

Can I ask what is the issues about their terms ? For the cost, well it all matter how you value your business. Pay cheap, receive cheap.

• Vir is this yr's BF winner as it seems that only Vir still has its BF holiday party open and no traces of ending.

I am locked outside of my client area for long.

Some from hostloc.com even asked once if Virmach had a new owner?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955,

Can I ask what is the issues about their terms ? For the cost, well it all matter how you value your business. Pay cheap, receive cheap.

@ben47955,
    I am currently providing services which promotes the open source aspects of the Minds.com social media platform.

As we are all aware, there are currently wide reaching discussions regarding censorship and the concept of free speech (not only within the USA but in many other territories as well). The mere mention of the freedom of speech / open discourse concepts can and has caused organisations to seek arrangements with other (non "big-tech") providers.

While I am a member of a good team of committed and experienced volunteers, which aids in the promotion of the open source aspects and are supporting the wider Minds.com user base, I have been providing these subsidiary services out of my own personal fiances and my own personal time (I have been providing these subsidiary services due to my own involvement within the open source aspects of the Minds.com project and due to my own background within the area of end-user technical support, as well as personally being an advocate for the principles of open source and freedom of speech ideals).

• @medworthy said:
    The fact is that if I am unable to pay for the renewal of my contract with Virmach, I may discover that on / after the 17th, the current contract could be voided. Which would possibly (most likely) result in the interruption of my deployed services and cause those deployed services to suffer from the issue of downtime (which is something that I am trying to avoid).

I don't think you have to worry about your service being cut off, before you're able to refresh it.

Virmach stated:

@Virmach said:
    We've already extended terminations to like 3 weeks later, don't worry.
    Keep in mind this will be changed to normal once we have everything operating smoothly but I'll still wait 1-2 days before we do that after everything's returned to normal.

As I've mentioned earlier to someone: Virmach is known to be a nice and generous guy and will try his best to never let anything unfair happen.

I fully understand your worries and I feel your concerns are legitimate - but I think you can relax and don't have to worry too much. :-)

All of the best with your services and projects. :smile:

Thanked by 2medworthy TimboJones
  • @medworthy said:

@ben47955 said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955,

@ben47955,
    I am currently providing services which promotes the open source aspects of the Minds.com social media platform.

@medworthy I was intrigued by your description of minds.com, but upon registering it seems to be a cesspool of Covid deniers, election deniers, etc. Did I get a bad first impression or is that what it's meant for?

• @randomq said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955 said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955,

@ben47955,

@medworthy I was intrigued by your description of minds.com, but upon registering it seems to be a cesspool of Covid deniers, election deniers, etc. Did I get a bad first impression or is that what it's meant for?

Well, this article should answer much of your question:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wjvp8y/minds-the-anti-facebook-has-no-idea-what-to-do-about-all-the-neo-nazis

Thanked by 2Daniel15 TimboJones
    edited December 2020

@randomq said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955 said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955,

@ben47955,

@randomq,
    One of the points (if not the major point) of Minds.com is to open up conversations about various topics and to discuss differing opinions (ie. to uphold the US first amendment) without the fear of having the platform provider terminating discussions on the basis of subjective "hate speech" / "hate crimes" ideas.

Sure, I will admit that this point does allow for conspiracies to be discussed. However, the majority of users that I interact with are reasonable people, who have their own thoughts and provided sensible, well thought out and interesting arguments when it comes to discussing many subjects.

edited December 2020

@lowendboi said:

@randomq said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955 said:

@medworthy said:

@ben47955,

@ben47955,

Well, this article should answer much of your question:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wjvp8y/minds-the-anti-facebook-has-no-idea-what-to-do-about-all-the-neo-nazis

I strongly suggest that you do some research in relation to Vice Media Group LLC's political leanings and the sort of content they produce / advocate for.

Also, I don't believe that this is the right venue to discuss wider political issues. I am only here to find out what is happening with the Virmach / Cloudflare 524 issue and to clarify that I can renew the contract which has been agreed between myself and Virmach.

• @VirMach - any ETA on maintenance for website/panel?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2020

So, I did open a ticket, because my service has been rejected, my invoice deleted and my money is gone.

I did wait patiently for days and today is the day of a reply which was:
    "Transaction ID? So I can refund it."

My anger inside me rose unexpected high.

My content of my Ticket was:
    "I did not got any email from you"

I did not paid with paypal so no transaction id.

Of course the person, thought I was trolling him and closed the ticket, no replies are possible.
    Now have a guess, on a scale from 1 to 10, how far my finger is way from the button so called "dispute".

Bloody fucking hell.

Thanked by 2lowendboi yoursunny
  • Why are people not fleeing in droves? Its obvious colocrossing/deluxe/biloh are enamored with the performance of racknerd. Otherwise they would be flailing all over the place to help their client (virmach). virmach doesnt seem too concerned as last years sale went thru dec 7. So they can easily consolidate servers and reduce their footprint since everything is rented from CC. Other =wise toss up a stripe billing page on 24 VPS (geo located) that way you can isolate the bots etc from certain regions. Obviously stripe can handle heavy volume. None of this is rocket science. Prevent account transfers and put fraud detection at highest settings. Yeah you lose some customes, maybe a lot. But the ones that get through are higher quality. Again its been a week- if it was crucial- they'd already have fixed it. So, the question is- why are so many people begging to give them money?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2020

@Neoon said: So, I did open a ticket, because my service has been rejected, my invoice deleted and my money is gone.

Of course the person, thought I was trolling him and closed the ticket, no replies are possible.
    Now have a guess, on a scale from 1 to 10, how far my finger is way from the button so called "dispute".

Bloody fucking hell.

Hi, if you can open a PayPal dispute you can provide the transaction ID from PayPal to get a refund.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:

@Neoon said: So, I did open a ticket, because my service has been rejected, my invoice deleted and my money is gone.

Bloody fucking hell.

Hi, if you can open a PayPal dispute you can provide the transaction ID from PayPal to get a refund.

As said above, no PP transaction, CC.
    I have nothing and you want something which I don't have.

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @VirMach said:

Bloody fucking hell.

He said he didn’t pay with PayPal. I guess he paid with his CC and the dispute button he mentioned is the dispute button on cc company’s website

• @VirMach said: Hi, if you can open a PayPal dispute you can provide the transaction ID from PayPal to get a refund.