Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Disabled my Account!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Disabled my Account!

I have created the account and upload the Passport upfront but hetzner has disabled my account after 1 day .

Comments

• then unfortunately they do not want you as a customer

Thanked by 2fLoo ViridWeb
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited October 2020

I was wondering when someone was going to post this, it's seem to be ever month or two.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Sue.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2020

@shahidvii7 said:
    I have created the account and upload the Passport upfront but hetzner has disabled my account after 1 day .

They used to be quicker than that.

• It could be worse. It could be 2 days.

Find another provider.

• So far as I've heard they usually reject you/disable your account if you're from a 3rd world country :/ You can find Hetzner resellers though if you really want Hetzner.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@4mm4r said: 3rd world country

That is not true

• it's #netcup gang 😤😠

• mine was approved in 2 minutes . i am lucky?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@4mm4r said:
    So far as I've heard they usually reject you/disable your account if you're from a 3rd world country :/ You can find Hetzner resellers though if you really want Hetzner.

You are wrong. Check carefully before you mislead others

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@4mm4r said:
    So far as I've heard they usually reject you/disable your account if you're from a 3rd world country :/ You can find Hetzner resellers though if you really want Hetzner.

People in developing countries are generally harder to verify the identity of. Correlation, not causation.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2020

My condolences. What can we do for you ?

• @4mm4r said:

I am from Indonesia, I can sign up just fine.

• When I signed up, I verified using PayPal, they didn't even ask any id.

• zane_zane_ Member, LIR

They have a right not to choose you as a customer, maybe you signed up using a VPN, from a 'high-risk country' or they just don't want you, completely up to them.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Maybe your ex-* is now working at Hetzner.

Thanked by 3Falzo lentro bdl
  • @mustafamw3 said: That is not true

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

@yokowasis said: I am from Indonesia, I can sign up just fine.

Good for you mate. I'm from a developing country myself but a couple of people told me that they couldn't create/activate their account and they told me that's probably due to them being a citizen of a developing country where there are risks involved and whatnot.

@ViridWeb said: You are wrong. Check carefully before you mislead others

That was not my intention at all buddy. I said that "I've heard" and "usually" which indicates that I had no concrete evidence at all. I was just trying to help him so that he can lower his expectations and try finding a reseller instead.

@jackb said: People in developing countries are generally harder to verify the identity of. Correlation, not causation.

That's exactly what I wanted to say. Poor choice of words on my part and I apologise.

• @shahidvii7 said:

It's probably because of the picture on your passport.

• Contact with them. When I uploaded my ID card, they disabled my account after 10 second.(I think I still keep the record haha). Then I contacted with them. I said I'm ready to provide addtional information. Then I send my driver licence. They enabled my acount. You can try same.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @4mm4r said:

From my experience, this has some truth to it.

Thanked by 24mm4r TheKiller
  • @boernd said:

@shahidvii7 said:

It's probably because of the picture on your passport.

yeah i would reject ugly clients too :D

Thanked by 1boernd
  • MevspaceMevspace Member, Patron Provider

If you fail with OVH, from my experience, look for smaller companies that have a less rigorous policy of verifying the credibility of their customers.

• @Skynode_eu said:
    If you fail with OVH, from my experience, look for smaller companies that have a less rigorous policy of verifying the credibility of their customers.

He is asking about Hetzner here and not OVH.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • they don't like $ ?

• They verified me within a day. I had no issues.

• @arifur said:
    They verified me within a day. I had no issues.

glad to hear that.

• eKoeKo Member

@shahidvii7 said:

abcvg.net (hetzner reseller, no need for verification, enjoy).

• It would be nice to hear from Hetzner @Hetzner_OL what they can say about the rumors. Do you disable more accounts from developing countries than the rest of the world?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2020

Hetzner answered this sort of PMSing threads for hundreds of times. That's not an exaggeration.

And their answers have always been consistent: They do not approve accounts that they deem risky. Doesn't matter which country you are from. If something doesn't add up, that account goes to a trashcan.

What more do you expect from them?