Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Disabled my Account! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Disabled my Account!

2»

Comments

• @deank said:
    Hetzner answered this sort of PMSing threads for hundreds of times. That's not an exaggeration.

And their answers have always been consistent: They do not approve accounts that they deem risky. Doesn't matter which country you are from. If something doesn't add up, that account goes to a trashcan.

What more do you expect from them?

Thank you for being spokesperson from Hetzner. No doubt they are a top provider.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jackb said:
    People in developing countries are generally harder to verify the identity of. Correlation, not causation.

That. And cost of risk assessment, especially when selling low price products, a company can only invest so much in risk assessment. But larger companies (like Hetzner) at least can have one or more people for that; small providers can't and so they usually can do only coarse and quick RA.

As for "3rd world countries", a) it's not about 3rd world but about corruption index, reliability of documents, costs of doing business, etc., b) even I (from the EU and never created trouble) got caught by NetCup's rules and had to contact them before getting my VDS, so it's definitely not about racism or the like.

Thanked by 2vimalware Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited October 2020

@MGarbis said:
    It would be nice to hear from Hetzner @Hetzner_OL what they can say about the rumors. Do you disable more accounts from developing countries than the rest of the world?

Hi, we accept customers from all around the world.
    Some countries are rated with a higher risk, but we do not reject orders based only on countries.
    There are occassionally things in people's account information that look unusual, even if they are accurate.
    So you might think we are a bit too careful, but actually we are trying to be responsible.