Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020! Calling all providers! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020! Calling all providers!

124»

Comments

• I got a bunch of ImpactVPS credit doubled which I've been using, and I'm happy I put the money in when they had it, been overall very happy with them.

Not sure if anyone is looking to sell their credit there (and if they'd allow transferring it), but I'd be interested in buying it if that's something that would be transferrable...

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2020

@seenu said:

@jbiloh said:
    What are people most interested in buying on Black Friday this year?

1. double credits promotion from existing providers like @impactvps @HostSlick
    2. ovz7 or kvm provider with good space to run gitlab-ci runners (150gb ssd or 500GB HDD)

or one dedi with 500GB SSD, 5+ ips to move all vpses into single dedi but i don't have guts to do it yet. :neutral: i highly doubt, that will add lot of server administration work to me even with simple proxmox setup.

over the years, i realized stability is more important than price and many BF providers put you on shitty servers and bans vpses even when you don't use them (virmach), so i am very picky or just try to spend time out side of LET.

I fully agree with @Francisco here.
    Double credits is something i would not do. :wink: So, Sorry :disappointed:

We are financial healthy and doing well. Instead you can be sure we will never go away and leave the market!

thanks.

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • @TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@rahulks said: Has this ever happened with them before ?

I think credit matches/etc should be banned on this site. You aren't selling anything, you're selling a promise that at some point the credit is worth something.

Francisco

It's an investment. You get a decent return for the risk. I'm sitting on a bunch of ImpactVPS credit because they started out strong where I thought I'd use them primarily and then they stagnated and didn't have my needed location for work needs.

For anyone who will use the double credits in 3 months, though, it's usually a good return with minimal risk.

I have deposited $200 2yrs back and i am still using those credits and in 1-2months they will expire so if they run it again, i don't mind at all sending them some more money.

• @rahulks said: AKA a provider that has been in business for more than X number of years and not like some that surfaced a year ago which is just a plain dumb thing to do generally.

Exactly, i won't deposit (risk) $200 on someone whose services i never used or they are new to forum.

and @Awmusic12635 used to be very active here in LET too back then,

I am using their services from 05/2016 and i sent them $200 for double credits in 11/2018 i.e. after using their services for more than 2years.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@raindog308 this is your call.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited October 2020

@Francisco

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-october-2020/p1 - VPS Rules#4

-> If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

Just an fyi. Looks like it is not enforced though.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said: Just and fyi. Looks like it is not enforced though.

I don't think LEB plays by the same rulebook. Still, I think that rule should be enforced to make people more serious about their offerings.

Yes, it'll cut down how many new hosts start up, but if a person doesn't have any savings to run their business..they probably shouldn't be running it anyway.

Francisco

• John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

Let's hurry up and get the Black Friday hot spot!! Already turned in offers!! Great deals !

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited October 2020

@Francisco said:

@TimboJones said: It's an investment.

And that's something that should be promoted in here? It's one thing if it's a big brand offering it because they're pooled with VC bucks or whatever. Smaller brands doing it is them trying to build capital because their current stuff isn't selling enough.

Francisco

It's just another way to do a promotion while encouraging more spending. Another form of "buy one, get one free" without forcing you to take it all now. When fast food restaurants send out coupons, I'd rather 50% off than BOGO coupons, but they don't do that enough. Banking the "free" one is almost as good.

People aren't losing homes and retirement funds. I don't even know any companies where people got ripped off en masse for this to be a panty twist issue.

Seriously, I shat on HS way before others and gave up after so many are fine with it and also it's been steadily improving. You'd have a better argument 10 months ago.

You're coming off less from consumer protection point of view and more worried competitor, which you're not really a competitor.

• @seenu said:

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

@rahulks said: Has this ever happened with them before ?

I think credit matches/etc should be banned on this site. You aren't selling anything, you're selling a promise that at some point the credit is worth something.

Francisco

It's an investment. You get a decent return for the risk. I'm sitting on a bunch of ImpactVPS credit because they started out strong where I thought I'd use them primarily and then they stagnated and didn't have my needed location for work needs.

For anyone who will use the double credits in 3 months, though, it's usually a good return with minimal risk.

I have deposited $200 2yrs back and i am still using those credits and in 1-2months they will expire so if they run it again, i don't mind at all sending them some more money.

Expire? What chu talking 'bout, Willis?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

And that's something that should be promoted in here? It's one thing if it's a big brand offering it because they're pooled with VC bucks or whatever. Smaller brands doing it is them trying to build capital because their current stuff isn't selling enough.

Francisco

It's just another way to do a promotion while encouraging more spending. Another form of "buy one, get one free" without forcing you to take it all now. When fast food restaurants send out coupons, I'd rather 50% off than BOGO coupons, but they don't do that enough. Banking the "free" one is almost as good.

People aren't losing homes and retirement funds. I don't even know any companies where people got ripped off en masse for this to be a panty twist issue.

Seriously, I shat on HS way before others and gave up after so many are fine with it and also it's been steadily improving. You'd have a better argument 10 months ago.

You're coming off less from consumer protection point of view and more worried competitor, which you're not really a competitor.

I can't keep things in stock nevermind worry about sales :) I've just seen enough black Fridays to see what'll happen.

• @Francisco said:

@TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I can't keep things in stock nevermind worry about sales :) I've just seen enough black Fridays to see what'll happen.

Have you thought about a double credit promotion to expand your business? (Lol) I never took econ 101, but when you can't keep shit in stock for extended periods of time, you expand and diversify.

• oops, typo... i mean, i will consume those credits