Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020! Calling all providers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020! Calling all providers!

jbilohjbiloh Administrator

Hello Everyone!

BF and CM 2020 are around the corner and we are busy preparing here at LowEndBox and LowEndTalk to make sure we are bringing our users the very best hosting deals of 2020.

If you are a provider and you want to get your offer published on LowEndBox please be sure to submit the offer ASAP! It is first come first serve.

All standard pricing rules apply.

Read up on how to submit your offer here: https://lowendbox.com/submit-an-offer/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks all

«134

Comments

  • DPDP Member, Moderator, The Domain Guy

    So who will start tagging/mentioning the providers? :)

  • This is exactly why the VPS hosting business is going down. People expect to get "quality" VPS's for dirt cheap all year long because they got it for dirt cheap on BF. Other providers try to lower their prices just to fit in with the trend. Nothing good comes out of this for either the provider or the customer.

    I understand good deals on BF for outdated products, but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

  • @stewdetox said:
    This is exactly why the VPS hosting business is going down. People expect to get "quality" VPS's for dirt cheap all year long because they got it for dirt cheap on BF. Other providers try to lower their prices just to fit in with the trend. Nothing good comes out of this for either the provider or the customer.

    I understand good deals on BF for outdated products, but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Wuttt? I want my $3/year KVM back from VirMach..

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @chocolateshirt said:

    @stewdetox said:
    This is exactly why the VPS hosting business is going down. People expect to get "quality" VPS's for dirt cheap all year long because they got it for dirt cheap on BF. Other providers try to lower their prices just to fit in with the trend. Nothing good comes out of this for either the provider or the customer.

    I understand good deals on BF for outdated products, but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Wuttt? I want my $3/year KVM back from VirMach..

    Now that would be a deal!

  • pkrpkr Member

    I want mega Thursday deal from @seriesn ☺️☺️☺️

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Host Rep

    @pkr said:
    I want mega Thursday deal from @seriesn ☺️☺️☺️

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    Thanked by 2pkr shahyan
  • @seriesn said:

    @pkr said:
    I want mega Thursday deal from @seriesn ☺️☺️☺️

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    ☹😞
    Hmm. I guess its bring upgraded to "Mega Deals Everyday"....

    All in favor of "Mega Deals Everyday"... say 'Aye'

    Premium 🙃

    Thanked by 1shahyan
  • pkrpkr Member
    edited October 2020

    @seriesn said:

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    I just want to win the lottery one more time :smiley:

  • Wonder who will be this years GVH ?

    Thanked by 1webcraft
  • It’s worth considering businesses might not be able to offer deals this year due to huge financial economic situation COVID-19 has had on the entire world. So I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of deals posted this year.

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Host Rep

    @plumberg said:

    @seriesn said:

    @pkr said:
    I want mega Thursday deal from @seriesn ☺️☺️☺️

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    ☹😞
    Hmm. I guess its bring upgraded to "Mega Deals Everyday"....

    All in favor of "Mega Deals Everyday"... say 'Aye'

    Premium 🙃

    @pkr said:

    @seriesn said:

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    I just want to win the lottery one more time :smiley:

    Was never a big fan of Black Friday Craze and I usually take those weekend off to get away from materialistic life and spend time with my loved ones.

    I will probably cook something up for pre Black Friday deal, not sure how crazy I can go. Roy has been very uptight with marketing budget as of lately :(.

    @vip3r09 said:
    It’s worth considering businesses might not be able to offer deals this year due to huge financial economic situation COVID-19 has had on the entire world. So I wouldn’t expect to see a lot of deals posted this year.

    I have a gut feeling that this Blackfriday might be the final one for many providers that are decently known in this forum. I honestly expect to see some crazy insane deal as the final crunch.

  • @seriesn said:

    @plumberg said:

    @seriesn said:

    @pkr said:
    I want mega Thursday deal from @seriesn ☺️☺️☺️

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    ☹😞
    Hmm. I guess its bring upgraded to "Mega Deals Everyday"....

    All in favor of "Mega Deals Everyday"... say 'Aye'

    Premium 🙃

    @pkr said:

    @seriesn said:

    :D Next month brother <3.

    On another note, Megadeals Thursday might be going away soon too :(

    I just want to win the lottery one more time :smiley:

    Was never a big fan of Black Friday Craze and I usually take those weekend off to get away from materialistic life and spend time with my loved ones.

    I will probably cook something up for pre Black Friday deal, not sure how crazy I can go. Roy has been very uptight with marketing budget as of lately :(.

    Yup. The BF craze is odd. Best to take it light with loved ones around.

    Your service is awesome, dont need any more. It's good as is... afterall it's a business you need to sustain in the long term to keep all customers and employees happy.

    Good luck!

    Thanked by 1seriesn
  • black friday matter

    dont?

    Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • wow amazing thread

  • I think this thread of expecting deals on black Friday is kinda shameful, given the type of year we have had. I like deals as much as the next guy but I don't see this as benifical.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @jugganuts said:
    I think this thread of expecting deals on black Friday is kinda shameful, given the type of year we have had. I like deals as much as the next guy but I don't see this as benifical.

    This year makes Black Friday even more import for consumers and retailers alike.

    No doubt you'll see enormous push from late October through Christmas in nearly every corner of the retail world.

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @stewdetox said:
    but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Virmach
    KVM
    384MB
    2 dedicated IPv4
    $4 per year

    I'll cancel this one if I can bag a $3 box.

  • make sure @skbenterprise doesnt get to post. (Read their thread)

  • @cociu prepare your offers

  • @zafouhar said: @cociu prepare your offers

    not sure if we will participate this year , preparing something good for the next years ... so is more important than one day .

  • missing @Nekki

    Thanked by 1zomby1
  • @yoursunny said:

    @stewdetox said:
    but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Virmach
    KVM
    384MB
    2 dedicated IPv4
    $4 per year

    I'll cancel this one if I can bag a $3 box.

    Don't you fucking dare. When you "steal" one of these deals from the rest of us, you're obligated to pay/idle it until they go out of business.

    How poor are you that $1/year makes up the time to move stuff over AND give up 2nd IP? Ya just keep both. If $7/year is what your hobby costs you're far ahead of most everyone else.

    Thanked by 1MrH
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited October 2020

    @TimboJones said:

    @yoursunny said:

    @stewdetox said:
    but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Virmach
    KVM
    384MB
    2 dedicated IPv4
    $4 per year

    I'll cancel this one if I can bag a $3 box.

    Don't you fucking dare. When you "steal" one of these deals from the rest of us, you're obligated to pay/idle it until they go out of business.

    How poor are you that $1/year makes up the time to move stuff over AND give up 2nd IP? Ya just keep both. If $7/year is what your hobby costs you're far ahead of most everyone else.

    This box is from 2017 Black Friday, and was VZ6.
    It has my Asterisk. I can move it in 10 minutes.

    It's not supposed to have a second IP. Two years ago IPv4 stopped working because I deleted ifupdown package but VZ6 requires it. Tech support thought it's routing problem so they added a second IP.
    I want it deallocated, but the "delete secondary IP" button would trigger a $3.99 support fee.

    Thanked by 1skorous
  • @yoursunny said:

    @TimboJones said:

    @yoursunny said:

    @stewdetox said:
    but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Virmach
    KVM
    384MB
    2 dedicated IPv4
    $4 per year

    I'll cancel this one if I can bag a $3 box.

    Don't you fucking dare. When you "steal" one of these deals from the rest of us, you're obligated to pay/idle it until they go out of business.

    How poor are you that $1/year makes up the time to move stuff over AND give up 2nd IP? Ya just keep both. If $7/year is what your hobby costs you're far ahead of most everyone else.

    This box is from 2017 Black Friday, and was VZ6.
    It has my Asterisk. I can move it in 10 minutes.

    It's not supposed to have a second IP. Two years ago IPv4 stopped working because I deleted ifupdown package but VZ6 requires it. Tech support thought it's routing problem so they added a second IP.
    I want it deallocated, but the "delete secondary IP" button would trigger a $3.99 support fee.

    VZ6 or KVM? You said KVM initially. And I stand by my original point that cancelling a $3 server to take away a $4 server from someone else makes you a dick.

  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited October 2020

    Virmach has kept a spooky low profile the whole year. Who know if they will scale back their insanity on BF or most likely push prices a few dollars higher.

    In other news - hostdoc.com is listed for sale for 29,888 and greenvauehost for 1499

  • @TimboJones said: VZ6 or KVM? You said KVM initially.

    It was OVZ but got converted to KVM when Virmach stopped selling OpenVZ.

    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Minimum lower price also set for good quality

  • @yoursunny said:

    @TimboJones said:

    @yoursunny said:

    @stewdetox said:
    but service providers should really reconsider what they want to offer on BF before doing a $3/year KVM with dedicated IP!

    Virmach
    KVM
    384MB
    2 dedicated IPv4
    $4 per year

    I'll cancel this one if I can bag a $3 box.

    Don't you fucking dare. When you "steal" one of these deals from the rest of us, you're obligated to pay/idle it until they go out of business.

    How poor are you that $1/year makes up the time to move stuff over AND give up 2nd IP? Ya just keep both. If $7/year is what your hobby costs you're far ahead of most everyone else.

    This box is from 2017 Black Friday, and was VZ6.
    It has my Asterisk. I can move it in 10 minutes.

    It's not supposed to have a second IP. Two years ago IPv4 stopped working because I deleted ifupdown package but VZ6 requires it. Tech support thought it's routing problem so they added a second IP.
    I want it deallocated, but the "delete secondary IP" button would trigger a $3.99 support fee.

    Wait, so you had network issues and they just threw in a second IP and called it a day? Talk about waste!

  • I will buy all 5 usd/ year or less offers if there are any 😂

  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited October 2020

    @codelock said:
    I will buy all 5 usd/ year or less offers if there are any 😂

    There are plenty of $1~3/year IPv6 only services.
    I have, from 2019:

    Gullo DE
    VZ7
    128MB
    /80
    $1/year

    Very slow. I don't plan to cancel this one because I can tease the provider to do push-ups at every downtime.
    He did the push-ups but didn't upload the video.
    If I get the push-up video, it'll be priceless.

    @stewdetox said:

    @yoursunny said:

    It's not supposed to have a second IP. Two years ago IPv4 stopped working because I deleted ifupdown package but VZ6 requires it. Tech support thought it's routing problem so they added a second IP.
    I want it deallocated, but the "delete secondary IP" button would trigger a $3.99 support fee.

    Wait, so you had network issues and they just threw in a second IP and called it a day? Talk about waste!

    It's not network issue. I deleted ifupdown because Debian says it's deprecated in favor of ip, but that breaks VZ6's IP configuration scripts.
    Virmach level 3 in-house tech support added second IP so that I can backup and reinstall, but without ifupdown the second IP wouldn't work either.
    I found the correct solution later: use the ip command I still have to manually configure the IP and install ifupdown again.
    They are supposed to remove the second IP after I reinstall, but they didn't after the ticket is closed.

    They could've avoided the waste by identifying the correct solution initially, or not charging a $3.99 fee for opening a ticket to remove the second IP.

    @TimboJones said:
    I stand by my original point that cancelling a $3 server to take away a $4 server from someone else makes you a dick.

    In the opposite direction, canceling a $4 server to take a $3 server makes me a genius.

Sign In or Register to comment.