Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is a VDS? Why only $0.79/mth?! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is a VDS? Why only $0.79/mth?!

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran

@HostVDS_com - any info about the current downtime?

• cochoncochon Member

@youandri said:
    Please report us when up again. :smile:

Just for info... the admin panel has been available most of the[my] morning, the past few hours between these posts, and I can spin up a new instance no problem, albeit not in Amsterdam which is what I'm waiting to try.

• @cochon said:

@youandri said:
    Please report us when up again. :smile:

Just for info... the admin panel has been available most of the[my] morning, the past few hours between these posts, and I can spin up a new instance no problem, albeit not in Amsterdam which is what I'm waiting to try.

I have deleted the instance, before status is error now is gone. Maybe have fixed.

• defaultdefault Veteran

VPS still down...

• EHRAEHRA Member

@default said: VPS still down...

It seems that they cannot be stable. In addition, they are not usually transparent about the problems they are facing.

• HostVDS_comHostVDS_com Member, Patron Provider

We fixed issues, some old VPS was down, now creation works fine.
    We are working for improving stability and introducing new location - Amsterdam and Dallas.

• arifurarifur Member

Just joined.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@HostVDS_com said:
    We are working for improving stability and introducing new location - Amsterdam and Dallas.

VPS is still down. Not fixed.

• @default said:

@HostVDS_com said:

Give it up, just a toy.
    Who will renew it?

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2020

@tonyapac said:

@default said:

@HostVDS_com said:

Give it up, just a toy.
    Who will renew it?

I will renew it. I do not care about reliability for now. I want to support this new provider for doing it's best in providing VPS services. Starting a business, any business, is always hard, especially with low prices.

EDIT: Anyway, something tells me these cheap servers will be removed soon, because technical support and abuses will eat staff alive.

Thanked by 1rafin103

@default said:
    EDIT: Anyway, something tells me these cheap servers will be removed soon, because technical support and abuses will eat staff alive.

We work a half of year, we are not starting, do not worry about us.
    Better think about ur project – fastmako even do not have own billing system and IP addresses.

Our price and solutions is much better and useful :).

Thanked by 1mruczek
  • cochoncochon Member

@HostVDS_com said:

If you've been running for half a year, you're still missing some fairly basic stuff. Server Console never works, and I still can't change my own password should I think it's been compromised and need to do so quickly.

Your prices are certainly appealing, and wish you luck with your venture. I think many here are waiting for AMS and Dallas before really trying your service, hopefully they will be more stable than Moscow has been recently.

fastmako even do not have own billing system and IP addresses.

True, but their 3rd party billing system is at least functional, and they have a working DC in NL ;)

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2020

@HostVDS_com said:

@default said:

Better think about ur project – fastmako even do not have own billing system and IP addresses.

I do not own Fastmako. I am not a provider here. It's just an affiliate link to pay for the server there :smile:

Even though I do appreciate your optimism and pride, I will continue to worry about your business. History on LET has proven many times that cheap (very cheap) prices constitute a magnet for abuses, very noisy neighbours, downtimes, blacklists, and many support tickets, which consequently end up stressing up a provider to the point of closing down. And let's not forget it's still summer.

Again, I am grateful for your offer, so much that 2 months ago I knew about it and did not even advertise it on LET, just in an off-topic section of the other board, trying to keep it away from abuses.

I guess... time will tell. So far I experienced 3 considerable downtimes in 1 month, so please don't get too cocky and don't you even dare compare it with other businesses on LET, that actually have a provider tag, which is obtained by offering domain information, plus company and business information, to admins here.

Meanwhile, thank you for offering your services. So far I like them.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • HostVDS_com
    Where is the data center located in Russia? and when will other countries be available?

• defaultdefault Veteran

@PINvdsSale said:
    HostVDS_com
    Where is the data center located in Russia? and when will other countries be available?

It literally says the following in website client area:

Only Moscow Datacenter is available now. Amsterdam and Dallas will be available in August.

It's also stated multiple times in this thread that Amsterdam and Dallas will be in August.

LEARN TO READ !!!

• My server is very unstable today. Went down 2 times :(

• @mruczek said:
    My server is very unstable today. Went down 2 times :(

Confirmed. Down here too.

Yo! @HostVDS_com - your services are down again!

Thanked by 3mruczek Russel coreflux
  • I have lost some confidence in them ...although I was initially excited.

Thanked by 1mruczek
  • I hope this provider getting better. :smile:

• @HostVDS_com are you guys coming back with US location

• @host4cheap said:
    @HostVDS_com are you guys coming back with US location

No.

• Their server still not stable i guess.

Thanked by 2Russel coreflux
  • youandriyouandri Member
    edited August 2020

Anyone still have server in there?

Anyone have server monitoring from long time? I want to know, how the uptime.

• Did they deadpool already? my server is down for over a week!

Thanked by 1coreflux

@msallak1 said:
    Did they deadpool already? my server is down for over a week!

We are working very stable now, contact support team if you have questions [email protected], all servers are must be alive

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @HostVDS_com said:

@msallak1 said:
    Did they deadpool already? my server is down for over a week!

We are working very stable now, contact support team if you have questions [email protected], all servers are must be alive

When are your launching in US ? and is their any compensation/free credit for the downtime ?

Thanked by 2msallak1 mruczek
  • I tested the service sporadically for a month now.
    And I am very disappointed with the stability of the service. Problems occur at least once a week and volumes getting randomly deleted while billing continues.
    This service is not even suitable for testing because you can't be sure if you can get an instance up.
    They should at least write on their website that they are in beta instead of claiming that they are reliable.
    Are they even serious to take money for this kind of service?

Btw. the price is double if choosing to pay hourly instead of monthly.

Since last week I monitored the uptime and I only got 4 days until the volume of the instance was randomly deleted and the instance was unrecoverable.

At least the servers are not slow, since they don't host any instances.

Thanked by 2coreflux msallak1
  • My server is still down so I expect full refund. Yes it is not much but they should have status page with updates.

• @msallak1 said:
    My server is still down so I expect full refund. Yes it is not much but they should have status page with updates.

I got a full refund through paypal claim, which is one of the reasons I use paypal to signup with unknown hosts. Atleast there is a "chance" to get my money back.

• My server is up over one day ago and I also received full refund.