Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see on LEB? - Page 13
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you want to see on LEB?

Comments

• @jsg said: What I read there is not important.

Then why did you write about what you read there if it wasn't important?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@angstrom said:

@jsg said: What I read there is not important.

(a) This is not a court, you are not a prosecutor, and I'm not a defendant. Nor am I stupid enough to be pushed by you.
    (b) When I happen to see something that I (possibly falsely) perceive as dangerous to anyone I inform that person so they can decide for themselves if and how to deal with it.

• @jsg said:

@angstrom said:

@jsg said: What I read there is not important.

(a) This is not a court, you are not a prosecutor, and I'm not a defendant. Nor am I stupid enough to be pushed by you.

Again, it doesn't work this way.

• You wrote something (twice, for that matter).
    • You've now been called out for what you wrote.
    • And now you're trying to avoid responsibility for what you wrote (= you're running away).

(We've seen this before.)

(b) When I happen to see something that I (possibly falsely) perceive as dangerous to anyone I inform that person so they can decide for themselves if and how to deal with it.

So you perceive your (intentional or unintentional) misreading of a post on another forum as dangerous to jbiloh? Really?

• If you intentionally misread the post, then this is bad.
    • If you unintentionally misread the post, then perhaps you should have reread it a few times to be certain of what you wanted to write, given the negative character of what you wanted to write.

@angstrom

I know it's very hard to grasp for you but you are not my judge, no matter how obtrusively you try.

Nor are you the judge over what information I present to jbiloh and I trust that he again can judge its value to him and what to do with it.

Oh, and congrats on your 59xxth post, plus I guess quite a few posts on LES.

• @jsg said:
    @angstrom

I know it's very hard to grasp for you but you are not my judge, no matter how obtrusively you try.

When you're backed into a corner, you try to kick up the dust. Yes, of course, this isn't a court, and yes, of course, I'm not your judge, but this was never the issue, so no need to say these things.

You're a big boy now. It's time to learn to take responsibility for what you say/write. This is all.

Nor are you the judge over what information I present to jbiloh and I trust that he again can judge its value to him and what to do with it.

If you publicly present information to jbiloh on a forum, then yes, sorry, people can call you out on what you say/write. If you don't like this, then don't present information publicly to jbiloh on a forum.

If you sent your valuable misreading of a post on another forum to jbiloh in PM, then no one would call you out on what you wrote.

• when borscht goes bad, it sure smells kinda funny ...

• @jsg said: Nor are you the judge over what information I present to jbiloh and I trust that he again can judge its value to him and what to do with it.

By the way, if it had been merely a question of copying Anthony's comment verbatim for the benefit of jbiloh but without additional commentary, then I would have not felt the need to say anything. After all, Anthony also has to take responsibility for what he says/writes.

(But, for the record, I don't see that Anthony said what you and @PHDan insinuated.)

Thanked by 1Jesus
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Anyone willing to share an email or contact details for @AnthonySmith? I'd like to reach out to him and have a casual and friendly conversation about his post. So much of that is inaccurate and bothersome I'd like to talk to him about it.

• @jsg - do your thing and inform jbiloh about the public accusations. Rest of us let's get chill and return back to changes with LET. This topic is about changes on LEB and LET.

It's just too much PMS to process, and everything is going haywire by too much topic derailing. Have a beer and a tissue; it's valentines.

@angstrom

You are not my mom or dad either, nor my teacher. You can't set my priorities nor make my rules, period.

For me LET is not dead and I will inform people that are connected to LET's functioning or whom I value when I see an ugly and grossly unfair attack on them.
    If someone thinks my interpretation is wrong he is free to tell me so and to show me why. But at the end I will determine how I act, not the other person.

• @jbiloh: Give @jsg a leading role on LET, please. He wants it so badly.

@Jesus said:
    @jbiloh: Give @jsg a leading role on LET, please. He wants it so badly.

Funny. Just like angstrom (who thanked you) you seem to think that you know (or even can judge) the intentions of other people.

Well, you are wrong.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Might not even be the real @Jesus anyway.

please if u r real Jesus proof some water into wine! a nice chianti por favor :scream:

• @jsg said:
    @angstrom

You are not my mom or dad either, nor my teacher.

All true! And you forgot to add that I'm not your brother or your sister or your teddy bear. Indeed, if we try to generalize, the schema "I'm not your X" is true for many of values of X!

But, of course, no need to recite all of those values, because none of them are at issue! Such statements are simply (poor) attempts to distract from the issue at hand.

You can't set my priorities nor make my rules, period.

True again! But again, irrelevant.

For me LET is not dead and I will inform people that are connected to LET's functioning or whom I value when I see an ugly and grossly unfair attack on them.

Well, you can rest assured that you've performed your civic duty (congrats) and a potential grave danger to jbiloh has now been averted. (I hope that he appreciates your efforts, but I'm not sure that I would count on this.)

If someone thinks my interpretation is wrong he is free to tell me so and to show me why. But at the end I will determine how I act, not the other person.

True again: you do determine how you act! And rest assured that no one can take this self-determination away from you!

So if you try to avoid responsibility for what you say/write, if you try to kick up the dust, if you try to run away, then these are all acts that you yourself determine!

Thanked by 2skorous TimboJones
  • No! You are wrong!

Also whatabout Anthony Smith?

He must be brought to account for his transgressions!

edited February 2020

@angstrom

Thanks for your series of unsolicited judgements and for, pardon me, stupidly continuing your obtrusive attempts to impose your perception, thinking, and rules upon me.

But thanks, NO.

And please stop abusing the word "responsibility" for saying "I don't like it when you do not accept my values, rules, preferences, and way of thinking". Btw you are certainly not to decide what my responsibilities are anyway.

Have a nice weekend

Thanked by 1skorous
  • This thread be like ...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I get this weird feeling that jsq is an alt account from jbiloh.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

scroll scroll scroll

Okay, so no updates, got it.

edited February 2020

teamacc said: I AM being fair by calling it out AFTER you said the writer was REMINDED of OUR RULES.

This is fixed now as promised :)

joepie91 said: scroll scroll scroll

Okay, so no updates, got it.

Certainly a lot of scrolling to do in this thread (it has gone a little off topic it seems). The good news is there are some changes and updates to report. It's easy to overlook what is already happened the past two weeks in a big thread like this so I'll summarize what has been touched thus far and what is still pending:

Completed in the past two weeks:

1. New hosting platform setup entirely on virtualized resources at numerous hosting providers.

2. CloudFlare setup and migrated for both LEB and LET

3. Low End Box WP and plugins all updated.

4. Low End Box moved to new hosting platform

5. Low End Talk environment prepared on new hosting platform, migration scheduled for 2/16/2020

6. Low End Talk plugins updated

7. Low End Talk email fixed and SSL fixed

8. Low End Talk registration fixed

9. New writer hired (and discussed rules with her so mistakes happen less often)

10. Hired community member Northern (on discord) to write 4 tutorials per month

11. Discussed future of LEB and LET and my commitment to making our community better with @trewq at length and discussed specific ideas we could implement. Started the same conversation with the balance of the moderation team.

12. Fixed the LET help desk (which we'll officially start using shortly, pending convo with the mods)

13. Got on Discord so I am readily available to anyone who needs me

14. Updated and cleaned up the LEB help desk

15. Removed all references to Deluxe and ColoCrossing

16. Removed all static banner ads

17. Reduced the amount of ad positions available through BSA to increase the value to our advertisers

18. Shuffled some content positioning to make LEB and LET a little cleaner

19. Updated some of the old LEB content pages to make things more consistent and uniform.

20. Answered a whole lot of questions on LET and Discord

21. Posted this thread on LET and a thread on LEB asking for feedback

22. Gained access to all social platforms and posted on Facebook for the first time

So.. there are plenty of things happening folks :)

More to come very soon too.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

So we're already on the new hosting platform?

thedp said: So we're already on the new hosting platform?

LEB is, and has been for about a week. LET will be moved tomorrow.

• @jsg said:
    @angstrom

Thanks for your series of unsolicited judgements and for, pardon me, stupidly continuing your obtrusive attempts to impose your perception, thinking, and rules upon me.

But thanks, NO.

And please stop abusing the word "responsibility" for saying "I don't like it when you do not accept my values, rules, preferences, and way of thinking". Btw you are certainly not to decide what my responsibilities are anyway.

There you go again.

There are social norms that guide social interaction. If you don't the norms, then don't interact. If you say certain things, then people (not only me) may call you out, in which case you would do well to try to come up with a better defense than "You're not my mom".

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jbiloh said:

thedp said: So we're already on the new hosting platform?

LEB is, and has been for about a week. LET will be moved tomorrow.

Is the email fixed? I didn't get a notification for this reply it seems.

thedp said: Is the email fixed? I didn't get a notification for this reply it seems.

LET email should be fixed. I've gotten plenty of emails from LET recently. I will go test it again right now.

Is it not working for you?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: Removed all references to Deluxe and ColoCrossing

Footer's still there.

I appreciate the concrete list of changes, though! Hopefully you can maintain that level of transparency for all future dealings :)

joepie91 said: Footer's still there.

I appreciate the concrete list of changes, though! Hopefully you can maintain that level of transparency for all future dealings

We got 90% of the way on the removal. Just need to remove the VSNX part now. Hah. Whoops.