Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES - Clone or what? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES - Clone or what?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@KermEd said:
    The downside is the people running LES are providers which inevitably has had bad relations with folks. Because they are the LES owners, it actually excluded a group of people from joining.

I don't think so. It all depends on the individual.

Thanked by 1verjin
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2019

@MikeA said:

@KermEd said:
    The downside is the people running LES are providers which inevitably has had bad relations with folks. Because they are the LES owners, it actually excluded a group of people from joining.

I don't think so. It all depends on the individual.

I suspect, provider with a decent userbase (from LET) will have at least someone in the world that wanted something unfairly, and thus would be deincentivised to participate.

It should be inevitable and just a function of time.

I see this particular guy be often racially outspoken while responding without thinking, so I wouldn't be surprised if an increased number of people felt excluded.

Thanked by 1verjin
  • I just had a look at LES for the first time. Looks good.

But, LET seems to be more tolerant and free speech oriented(I have seen many many CC bashing threads/posts here on LET). Is the LES owner going to accept and allow a thread bashing his brand/services!? Hope he does allow.

Thanked by 1verjin
  • masedimasedi Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:
    It's a non-CC alternative to LET with all the good people and none of the scams.

Who's CC mean?
    I am noobs here

• @masedi said:

@dahartigan said:
    It's a non-CC alternative to LET with all the good people and none of the scams.

Who's CC mean?
    I am noobs here

colocrossing

• Any exclusion on LES is self-imposed as far as I can see. I have not seen much censorship and people have not been afraid to speak their minds. As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Sign up for a LES account and participate before you conclude.

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited December 2019

Time will tell if LES will be a knock-off or successor. The more the merrier but I think its easier to be just a member of 1 active forum :D

• Unmoderated 'free speech' forums are just places that the owners don't care about.
    Trolls love them though.

Thanked by 1verjin
  • @vimalware said:
    Unmoderated 'free speech' forums are just places that the owners don't care about.
    Trolls love them though.

I think CC is more like a sponsor in this case since the mods are independent/non-CC people? CC has more control over LEB than LET

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@timelapse said:

@vimalware said:
    Unmoderated 'free speech' forums are just places that the owners don't care about.
    Trolls love them though.

I think CC is more like a sponsor in this case since the mods are independent/non-CC people? CC has more control over LEB than LET

they are independent but can't do things, in the past providers have been un-banned for example by CC because they were customers

not to mention the operations they run around here with the great LEB offers, I repeat myself: if you come to this forum and you see the LEB offers you think they are verified and official, and the providers in the Offers section are the cheap knock-offs

anyway, LES is not against the people here or the mods, its an alternative for people that are sick and tired of CC, you can also hang on both, you can hang just here, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, I'm very happy that it was created, also hostballs, competition is always good for consumers

• @tgl said:

@timelapse said:

@vimalware said:
    Trolls love them though.

they are independent but can't do things, in the past providers have been un-banned for example by CC because they were customers

not to mention the operations they run around here with the great LEB offers, I repeat myself: if you come to this forum and you see the LEB offers you think they are verified and official, and the providers in the Offers section are the cheap knock-offs

anyway, LES is not against the people here or the mods, its an alternative for people that are sick and tired of CC, you can also hang on both, you can hang just here, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, I'm very happy that it was created, also hostballs, competition is always good for consumers

agree :)

• axzxc1236axzxc1236 Member
    edited December 2019

@uptime said:

• LES is just about 5 weeks old now

What? LES is definitely much older than 5 weeks old, they just changed their forum entirely, this links to the old forum.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • aww my old LES forumaccount is gone :(

• @niceboy said: But, LET seems to be more tolerant and free speech oriented(I have seen many many CC bashing threads/posts here on LET). Is the LES owner going to accept and allow a thread bashing his brand/services!? Hope he does allow.

There is massive agreement that most of the criticism of CC on LET is justified. CC are free to respond to particular criticisms, but they've rarely done so even though it would be in their interest to do so (which in turn suggests that the criticisms are valid).

If there is justified criticism of @AnthonySmith's brand/services, I don't think that he would have a problem if people voiced this criticism (and I'm sure that he would respond to particular criticisms), but if someone is just going to make up negative stories about his brand/services, that's a different matter altogether.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

jsg said: No. LET is run by US and our moderators and admins. And CC and their team even tolerate being insulted and smeared here.

It is US who makes LET a nice or an ugly place. All CC does is some ads, an occasional LEB thread and some links on the right side which hardly anyone looks at.

Is that nice, is that the way I like it? No, certainly not. But neither is it what some here hype it up to be.

Pretty sure mod bans have been overruled by CC staff several times. "Free to do what you want unless CC has a problem with it, and then they revert it" means you're really not free to do what you want at all, and ultimately CC are the ones controlling LET.

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

So, AnthonySmith would tolerate behaviour like his own here when he hyped up an occasional one or two LEB threads to make LET look utterly inacceptable and like a Stalin gulag? I have doubts.

CC may be ignorant and occasionally push a crappy LEB offer onto LET but we know for sure that they tolerate even gross insults of CC.

• jsg said: So, AnthonySmith would tolerate behaviour like

Well.

At LET, @AnthonySmith banned @WSS, which is bad.
    At LES, @AnthonySmith gave a cookie @WSS, which is good.

LES had to be done, FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
    Now the universe is at equilibrium again.

Otherwise, the evil would have manifested itself upon us in a form of some random cataclysm of biblical proportions and we all would have been flooded with shit, up to our necks, or similar, right now.

Things have been quite nigh, but now it's alright, again.
    The balance, must be kept.

• Here is Yahoo. There is Google.

Year later Yahoo still exists. But wtf do ppl care

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @cybertech said:
    Here is Yahoo. There is Google.

Bing balls?

• @seriesn said:

@cybertech said:
    Here is Yahoo. There is Google.

Bing balls?

• @jsg you seem a little envious because LES is doing better than you and your employers (ColoCrossing) have expected it to

I suggest to not let that anger get to you man, its time to let the healing begin

Thanked by 1cybertech

@joepie91 said:
    Pretty sure mod bans have been overruled by CC staff several times. "Free to do what you want unless CC has a problem with it, and then they revert it" means you're really not free to do what you want at all, and ultimately CC are the ones controlling LET.

Probably but I can't comment on that because I don't know about it, with one exception: when our mods tried to ban some CC customer/scammer CC unbanned them. But then I never said that CC are nice people. What I said was that LET isn't as bad as AnthonySmith hyped it up to be (to his own advantage).

@tgl said:
    @jsg you seem a little envious because LES is doing better than you and your employers (ColoCrossing) have expected it to

I suggest to not let that anger get to you man, its time to let the healing begin

Yeah, I work for CC from a Russian troll farm. Oh and, we get kitten barbecue for breakfast.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

LES = lowendstock.com?

• @oneilonline said:
    LES = lowendstock.com?

lowendspirit

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2019

rudyme said: 1) The owner of that Forum didn't buy a new domain. Instead he's using a subdomain (seo is power and i dont give you backlinks if you do that shi** just for your shi*** hosting)
    2) check backlinks on the forum
    And honestly i never liked those who call the others shi* or shi* services (the owner of that forum never used that word but the meaning is clear in several posts..). If you want to compete with a forum like this it's ok for me, i will find more news and provider offers... but if you are arrogant (it's my impression according what i saw in the chronology and posts of the owner of that Forum) you don't have my sympathy, neither for a sec...
    Just my 2 cent about this "alternative".

Joined some days ago, having one thread and three comments but, yet, you seem to be very familiar with LET... A shit poster is someone that do not want to reveal his real identity, when bashing respected forum members like @AnthonySmith ...
    So, what's bad on using a subdomain from an, in fact, almost non-profit style of hosting (the LES bundles)? Do you think that LES (Low End Spirit) is giving Ant any real income, more than paying for servers and some time to maintain them? And what's wrong on getting some money from a forum he maintains, as long as the forum itself is totally bias free and he respects all of the members equally?
    You really searched the... history of posts from Anthony and claim that he was arrogant here? Bullshit. You are just a butthearted moron that created a new account to erase your probably shady history here.
    Believe me, LowEndSpirit does not need your... SEO from this posts, it gets enough for far more respected members that you.
    And when you defend the hundreds of shit hosting that appeared here, then, this really shows what your background probably is and what kind of person you are.

• jsg said: No. LET is run by US and our moderators and admins. And CC and their team even tolerate being insulted and smeared here. It is US who makes LET a nice or an ugly place. All CC does is some ads, an occasional LEB thread and some links on the right side which hardly anyone looks at.

Really? REALLY? Ask all previous moderators or admins on how CC acts behind the screen. Ask Jarland, ask MPkossen, ask Anthonysmith, ask Lee, ask... the list is limitless...
    I am here since March 2013 and I have seen really serious accusations from almost all of admins and mods during this period against CC and how do they act against the integrity of the forum. Deleted threads and comments, banned members, unbanned scammers, biased "reviews", supporting shady operations advertising and posting on LET... No, CC does not put just some ads here, and I am surprised that you cannot see it... I do not think that you are a CC employ, not that CC is actually the pure evil, but their acts on LEB/LET, the lies, the false promises, the bias, it just kill a place that every last year was better...

• @jvnadr said:

rudyme said: 1) The owner of that Forum didn't buy a new domain. Instead he's using a subdomain (seo is power and i dont give you backlinks if you do that shi** just for your shi*** hosting)
    2) check backlinks on the forum
    And honestly i never liked those who call the others shi* or shi* services (the owner of that forum never used that word but the meaning is clear in several posts..). If you want to compete with a forum like this it's ok for me, i will find more news and provider offers... but if you are arrogant (it's my impression according what i saw in the chronology and posts of the owner of that Forum) you don't have my sympathy, neither for a sec...
    Just my 2 cent about this "alternative".

Joined some days ago, having one thread and three comments but, yet, you seem to be very familiar with LET... A shit poster is someone that do not want to reveal his real identity, when bashing respected forum members like @AnthonySmith ...
    So, what's bad on using a subdomain from an, in fact, almost non-profit style of hosting (the LES bundles)? Do you think that LES (Low End Spirit) is giving Ant any real income, more than paying for servers and some time to maintain them? And what's wrong on getting some money from a forum he maintains, as long as the forum itself is totally bias free and he respects all of the members equally?
    You really searched the... history of posts from Anthony and claim that he was arrogant here? Bullshit. You are just a butthearted moron that created a new account to erase your probably shady history here.
    Believe me, LowEndSpirit does not need your... SEO from this posts, it gets enough for far more respected members that you.
    And when you defend the hundreds of shit hosting that appeared here, then, this really shows what your background probably is and what kind of person you are.

Completely agree, which is why I asked @rudyme about his previous identity (see my comment earlier on this page). He's clearly hiding behind a second identity here.

In any case, it's probably not worth your effort to try to educate him, because I suspect that he's already long gone.

@jvnadr

Well, I can only judge what I have seen/experienced and all I see is occasionally 1 or 2 LEB crap threads (plus some crap in the menu which nobody looks at plus some blocked ad). Plus some overriding our admins/mods - which I don't know myself but I trust that that wasn't a lie.

But I also see that CC tolerates lots of hatred and insults. Well noted, that might be deserved but a real dictator doesn't care about deserved or not, he just crushes what he doesn't like.

So in summary what I see isn't an evil company but a stone-cold one that doesn't care about insults or about manipulating us but simply about using LET as their ad canvas. Just like thousands of other companies - and some of them really behave like dictators, e.g. fb, yt; those really do not tolerate any criticism and simply close down accounts criticizing them.

Plus I miss critical self-reflection here. Just look at LET! The majority of posts are mindless, meaningless, trolling, abusing LET to post series of "funny images", some even harass other members. And only very few take it upon themselves to actually look for information. Example: one or more weekly threads asking for DMCA ignorant/offshore hosting.

Assume @jbiloh invited one of us for a discussion. What could we tell him when he asks "why should we at CC respect LET when many, maybe most users don't respect it and treat it as their personal spam and troll folder?" ...

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • coming back tonight on the forums I see the same thing, LES is growing strong, LET is boring, @jsg is scared he will lose his job with ColoCrossing

you are right about something @jsg, the police are searching for you for impersonating a Russian troll

@angstrom most likely @rudyme is one of @jsg's personalities so he's not gone, tonight its the Russian troll, tomorrow it could be the naive guy from the US who says it like it is (@rudyme), the next day who knows

going back to watch The Expanse, Season 4!

Plot twist: @tgl is an alter ego of AnthonySmith.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin