Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES - Clone or what? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES - Clone or what?

Comments

• It's a tantrum.

• xaoc said: It's a tantrum.

me ? i just like to be honest and to say what i see under the sand

• @rudyme some times when you dont know the story, its better to not get involved

this is not about competition, but about some other things, you obviously fail to understand

that owner could have sold here 1000 times more than he sells on that forum now, he also missed making a LOT of money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday for isolating himself over there instead of playing it cool like the 25 provider scammer did, cashing out AFTER black Friday, so i dont think it would have been a good strategy as you think, a good strategy for him would have been to keep friendly here and invite people over there and sell in two places

your logic has many flaws, unfortunately you are not able to see them, its sad, but i guess i was bored to provide you this explanation, from now on i'll just ignore you

about @jsg, well as he is a ColoCrossing employee, his opinion cannot be objective

• @tgl - please make it clear if you are joking? I would be really surprised to find out @jsg works for CC ... And I will always come back here to LET to read their informative postings about all the hostings - at least the ones they are not boycotting now (as they have promised to do) :)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@tgl said:
    that owner could have sold here 1000 times more than he sells on that forum now,

So, being at LET is more attractive.

he also missed making a LOT of money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Is that so? Or is the truth more like BF/CM being opportunities to (a) find new customers that is, some kind of marketing, and (b) getting rid of sh_t or over stock and to at least not lose money on it or to lose less?

After all hosting has become a commodity market and especially at LET/LES normal pricing is already low so on BF/CM profits are very low and sometimes even sub zero (which is OK for marketing).

your logic has many flaws

Does it? Then explain those flaws and let the man learn.

about @jsg, well as he is a ColoCrossing employee, his opinion cannot be objective

Uhm, what I wrote is an observable and verifiably fact which would be true even if I did work for CC - which I do not but hey since when do you care for truth in your private war

@uptime

Of course he is lying. I never worked at or for CC nor will I ever work for them. Hell, we are on different continents.

Thanked by 2uptime TimboJones
  • tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@jsg i think you replied on the wrong account, you aren't logged as @rudyme anymore

about working there, i cannot say more because of privacy reasons, but as you would say it: we cannot be sure you aren't :)

Thanked by 1uptime

@tgl said:
    @jsg i think you replied on the wrong account, you aren't logged as @rudyme anymore

about working there, i cannot say more because of privacy reasons, but as you would say it: we cannot be sure you aren't :)

Nor can we be sure that you are not an AnthonySmith account or at least shill. There is quite some evidence suggesting so.

I suggest you stop wanton smearing other users and instead follow up on the matter and show @rudyme why his logic is flawed (as you claimed) and how things really work ...

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@jsg as I told you in the past, you should consider coming out of the closet :)

gonna watch some series now, have fun!

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@tgl said:
    i cannot say more because of privacy reasons, but as you would say it: we cannot be sure you aren't

Okay ... that one did make me lol out loud, I must confess

as for where is a better place for a provider to be - that's a good question. Judging by page views I think currently LET gets (roughly) about 10 times more views on offer threads - that's a significant consideration, to be sure.

(And yet there are still many providers who avoid LET as if it were some zombie-infested scam-happy plague carrier ...)

There may also be something to be said for quality vs quantity in terms of customers as well

tl;dr - if I were a provider already doing well with sales on LET, then I would not expect LES at this point in time to be a drop-in replacement in terms of raw exposure. But I might find it attractive in terms of signal-to-noise ratio and some possibility of actually enjoying time spent there, so ...

personally, I would probably want to have a presence on both, for the time being at least

• timelapsetimelapse Member
    edited December 2019

I couldnt complete the registration as Im using a temp email off a free domain. Im not receiving the code. Theres also no way to change your email in profile. @AnthonySmith

Edit:
    I dont also see a way to contact a forum admin for when you have difficulties registering

• @timelapse said:
    I couldnt complete the registration as Im using a temp email off a free domain. Im not receiving the code. Theres also no way to change your email in profile. @AnthonySmith

Edit:
    I dont also see a way to contact a forum admin for when you have difficulties registering

He isn't active here anymore.

Also, on a side note.

This thread, with random accusations , directing at each other, without any proof, what a time to be alive.

I can clear couple of things from my perspective,
    A) Anthony might come off arrogant but he is open and honest. Which is what makes LES attractive.

B) Let is still a great resource for both hosts, end users and everyone in between.

C) Jsg isn't an employee of cc. But if he was, he is probably the nicest out of all the other people from CC that posts here. Nick don't count because he copy pastes.

Thanked by 2timelapse poisson
  • @seriesn said:

@timelapse said:

Edit:

Also, on a side note.

This thread, with random accusations , directing at each other, without any proof, what a time to be alive.

A) Anthony might come off arrogant but he is open and honest. Which is what makes LES attractive.

B) Let is still a great resource for both hosts, end users and everyone in between.

C) Jsg isn't an employee of cc. But if he was, he is probably the nicest out of all the other people from CC that posts here. Nick don't count because he copy pastes.

I also tried to register for a free account on servedez months ago using the same email but never heard back haha.

• @timelapse said:

@seriesn said:

@timelapse said:

Edit:

Also, on a side note.

I also tried to register for a free account on servedez months ago using the same email but never heard back haha.

Damn now that sucks! 2 strike? What's the userid?

• Is it just me? I can’t even open the LES forum

• @seriesn said:

@timelapse said:

@seriesn said:

@timelapse said:

Edit:

Also, on a side note.

Let me try to find the registration email. I dont know if after registering I was sent an email. Haha its no big deal since I just wanted to try it and I will most likely just idle it anyway. Much better if slot goes to someone that will use it. :)

• @jsg said:
    Current state: 56 threads on LET home page. 0 LEB offers. Sometimes there is 1.

Yes, this place here is obviously LEB/CC hell.

Oh look, the first link and the 10 offers on sidebar got ignored! Selective blindism (not a word) or expert at navigating the web without using ad-blockers, you decide!

Anyway, LET is run by the same people who run LEB. Whether that's good or bad, not my problem. All I know is that I am not buying anything from LET or LEB and my ad-blockers are set to overdrive mode when I browse LET.

Most people here are active on LES and LET. Heck, I got LES linked in my signature as well if you cant find the link ( @muffin )

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @timelapse said:

@seriesn said:

@timelapse said:

@seriesn said:

@timelapse said:

Edit:

Also, on a side note.

Let me try to find the registration email. I dont know if after registering I was sent an email. Haha its no big deal since I just wanted to try it and I will most likely just idle it anyway. Much better if slot goes to someone that will use it. :)

Feel free to shoot me a PM and if you need hosting for your personal project, my free service would probably be better than those $1 plans 🤣

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • muffinmuffin Member
    edited December 2019

@somik said:
    Most people here are active on LES and LET. Heck, I got LES linked in my signature as well if you cant find the link ( @muffin )

It just stops loading after the first half on my iPad/

• @muffin said:

@somik said:

It just stops loading after the first half on my iPad/

Ah, nevermind them.

@somik said:

@jsg said:
    Current state: 56 threads on LET home page. 0 LEB offers. Sometimes there is 1.

Yes, this place here is obviously LEB/CC hell.

Oh look, the first link and the 10 offers on sidebar got ignored! Selective blindism (not a word) or expert at navigating the web without using ad-blockers, you decide!

I was talking about the threads.
    And yes, I do block/ignore ads, CC, LEB, or any other.

Anyway, LET is run by the same people who run LEB.

No. LET is run by US and our moderators and admins. And CC and their team even tolerate being insulted and smeared here.
    It is US who makes LET a nice or an ugly place. All CC does is some ads, an occasional LEB thread and some links on the right side which hardly anyone looks at.

Is that nice, is that the way I like it? No, certainly not. But neither is it what some here hype it up to be.

... and CC tolerates that. Yet another proof how oh so dictatorial and evil they are ...

Hell, "free" Google, facebook and others do FAR WORSE things, they sell your data out, they abuse you as their product, but if some (admittedly unnerving) provider puts some ads and an occasional product link in exchange for providing this site all hell breaks loose.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

I guess one might compare and contrast a bit more as long as we're all "on the same page" here

• LET has great mods and community with a lot of good energy - though being owned by CC casts a long and lame shadow from time to time

• LES is currently in "benevolent dictatorship" mode under @AnthonySmith - who seems to be more or less a known quantity (a self-described "blunt instrument" who was the previous admin of this very forum) ... so if you'd rather not deal with that guy calling the shots, not much to be done about that except maybe go start your own forum (with blackjack - and hookers!)

• LET has a long history with much good content under its belt, contributed by thousands of users (!)

• LES is just about 5 weeks old now, with over 500 members signed up so far. From current trends it seems likely that by the end of the year it will have seen about 300 discussion topics with over 10,000 comments and 200,000 page views (the stats are slightly less than those round numbers as of today) - so I think really not too shabby for a new forum, all things considered

• LET has many many excellent providers making solid offers - I've enjoyed great deals from over a dozen I've found here over the last couple years. I personally have yet to be burned by any outright scam (but that is mainly thanks to making good use of ample opportunities to do some research using the search function here, in conjunction with a bit of good luck and maybe even a modicum of so-called common sense).

• LES now has over 40 providers registered there as such - many (but not all) of whom I am familiar with from LET. There are some "LES Exclusive" offers which are an interesting angle to consider. And I do think many smaller providers may have an easier time getting a provider tag on LES without the presumed possible advantage of greasing the wheels by buying services from CC ...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Your balls are safe with LES.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited December 2019

@jsg said:
    It is US who makes LET a nice or an ugly place.

Self awareness +2.
    🙉

• There are nice people on both sides, but LES in general I find to be higher quality in most aspects despite its newness. It has so far managed to avoid the worst of LET while retaining its better qualities.

I have no issue with a benevolent dictatorship because I am qualified to comment living almost four decades under one. :)

• @deank said:

I dont agree with you there. If you are worried about your balls, join hostballs!

• @somik said:

@deank said:

I dont agree with you there. If you are worried about your balls, join hostballs!

Some people just prefer to host their own balls.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@poisson said:
    retaining its better qualities.

recognizing that quantity can be a quality all of its own

in parallel with the critical mass of interest and experience on LET, and whatever else makes it worthwhile to keep checking in here - a very cozy little corner of the internet to discover

so - it's also very cool to see some echo of that happening in a fresh space that still feels familiar. Another much simpler but obvious thing I've noticed as definitely a welcome change in my experience of LES so far is that it feels like an undeniably better flavor of vanilla and more copacetic design - I think mainly thanks to the careful work done by @solaire responsive to a generous helping of feedback and bug reports. For example, within a few days of the suggestion (and requests!) to implement a dark theme, it was ready as a selectable option. Feels good man! :)

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2019

@rudyme said:

dahartigan said: It's a non-CC alternative to LET

sry man, i dont want to put shi** on the discussion but if you call it an alternative it's not. It's a simple commercial strategy in the hope someone buy your good or shi*** hosting service.

Why ?

1) The owner of that Forum didn't buy a new domain. Instead he's using a subdomain (seo is power and i dont give you backlinks if you do that shi** just for your shi*** hosting)
    2) check backlinks on the forum

And honestly i never liked those who call the others shi* or shi* services (the owner of that forum never used that word but the meaning is clear in several posts..). If you want to compete with a forum like this it's ok for me, i will find more news and provider offers... but if you are arrogant (it's my impression according what i saw in the chronology and posts of the owner of that Forum) you don't have my sympathy, neither for a sec...

Just my 2 cent about this "alternative".

Congrats on your second comment

Any chance that you have had another identity here?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

I'm pretty sure that @AnthonySmith and @jar are both just multiple personalities of @Francisco

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited December 2019

CC, owners of LET and LEB, appear to have been creating fake subsidiaries to collect Black Friday money while promoting their subsidiaries on their services like mad to take in cash. Once BF is done, they closed the 25 or so companies, and keep the 50 to 60k it generates.

This behavior trickles throughout the company.

Some people want a better world and moved on - some people use both. And some people are the kind of people still using pagers and hold onto LET only.

The downside is the people running LES are providers which inevitably has had bad relations with folks. Because they are the LES owners, it actually excluded a group of people from joining. It's an example of why owners and mods need to be unaffiliated to be unbiased.

Well, have fun with it either way. I read both.

Thanked by 3verjin niceboy Ouji