Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: A bunch of LEB hosts deadpooling ArkaHosting, SupremeVPS, UMaxHosting, Hosting73, HostBRZ, Ku

Comments

• Jord said: Why oh why did someone just summon me three times?

Beetlejuice?

Thanked by 2uptime Master_Bo
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

actually I don't understand why am I summoned several times in this ticket? I can assure everyone that I know nothing about those colocrossing or what ever It is,except what I have read here. So, we are not affiliated with that colocrossing-thing in any ways.
    EstNOC OY is officially registered company in Estonian Republic and have been in business for quite long time and still going strong. Right now in this moment, we have opened our own points of presence in 23 countries in Europe and Asia-Pacific region and we will be opening additional new locations already in 2nd week of January 2020. by opening "our own points of presence" I mean, our own network equipment, servers hardware. In any of these locations we can provide dedicated servers, colocation and vps's. Shortly, we don't plan to close our doors. not anytime soon :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Long story short,

Join the Nigh sect, for I was right. The end was nigh.
    And the end is here.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • NickMNXioNickMNXio Member, Host Rep

@tgl https://mnx.io is also still alive! Though we realized that lowend prices would eventually deadpool us too, and that’s why we haven’t been active here in a while!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Online, the phrase "exit scam" is now being mentioned in several places

"exit scam".

• Hard to go over all posts, can someone tell me why....

• @Jord said:

@seriesn said:

KermEd said: So as a thank you, I’m going to order a bunch of servers off the amazing hosts that have replied to this thread. As a thank you yes, but also because I know you provide amazing services at a discount to us. And the best way I can provide support is through payments. So with that I’m off to buy some more servers from ya all - thank ye kindly.

Should be a panda if I'm honest 😂

Koalas fuck. They'll long outlive the Pandas.

• immanis said: Anyone got a link to a better forum that doesn't peddle CC rubbish?

https://hostballs.com/
    https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/ is quite old now... Still kinda decent, but not many "LowEnd"-priced providers there any more.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

@estnoc said:
    actually I don't understand why am I summoned several times in this ticket?

@ mentioning everyone with provider tags is cool now.

• @Daniel15 said:

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/ is quite old now... Still kinda decent, but not many "LowEnd"-priced providers there any more.

WHT seems more a paid advertising form than a discussion one.

Thanked by 2FrankZ kkrajk
  • donli said: WHT seems more a paid advertising form than a discussion one.

There are a few paid ads there, and hosts that sponsor the forum that can get their posts pinned in the offers group, but IMO it's not too different to this forum (there's a bunch of ads in the sidebar of this forum too).

WHT is where I found a few good hosts (like BuyVM) that I'm still using today, so I don't dismiss it entirely.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @JerryHou said:
    Hard to go over all posts, can someone tell me why....

Question parsing processing begins after the question mark. There's no parsing module for trailing off...

Thanked by 2dahartigan JerryHou
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jar said:

LTniger said: does anyone knows how the hell LET was sold to CC?

Scott gave it to Joel, Joel sold it to CC and disappeared.

From LinkedIn:

Started this WordPress-powered website that combined my interests in both "cheap stuff" and "web hosting". Grew the site to a sizeable global community. Retired and handed the site over to a volunteer at the beginning of 2012 to focus on my other projects.

Don't forget the part where not only did Scott not want it to be sold like that, ColoCrossing and Joel also collectively tried to keep the sale secret, until CC was eventually forced to admit it after the forum got hacked and evidence of it leaked out, leaving them no choice.

• @Lee said:
    Oh, cmon! Not one "I am going to lose thousands a day because of this" post? Screw you all.

C'mon Lee, you've been here long enough to know they're losing millions.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

Tagged a few times in this thread ... we're alive and well.

• KayHosting is closing on Monday, I think LEB should have fault in all this mess, trying to get all accounts out in one day

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@mlsto said:
    KayHosting is closing on Monday, I think LEB should have fault in all this mess, trying to get all accounts out in one day

Did you get an e-mail from them?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mlsto said:
    KayHosting is closing on Monday, I think LEB should have fault in all this mess, trying to get all accounts out in one day

Screenshot please.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@mlsto said:

Screenshot please.

Francisco

Hey Francisco. I am interested in a link in your signature. Is buyvm a company you work for? I may be interested in switching to the service I see the prices are fairly decent. Please pm me.

@ZechsArmyYT said:

@Francisco said:

@mlsto said:

Screenshot please.

Francisco

Hey Francisco. I am interested in a link in your signature. Is buyvm a company you work for? I may be interested in switching to the service I see the prices are fairly decent. Please pm me.

I'm the owner :)

Francisco

• @ZechsArmyYT said:

@Francisco said:

@mlsto said:

Screenshot please.

Francisco

He is the boss that runs the show.

• Francisco said: Screenshot please.

@hzr said:

Francisco said: Screenshot please.

Yeah but an email would be ideal.

Francisco

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@hzr said:

Francisco said: Screenshot please.

Your puppy avatar take you to a different screen. I get Out of Stock for EVERY option I chose randomly - 2 each (of Shared/VPS/Dedi/RS)

Kayhosting-OOS

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @ZechsArmyYT said:

@Francisco said:

@mlsto said:

Screenshot please.

Francisco

Fully recommended. Buy VM with confidence.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

randvegeta said: Why have so many people been tagged?

seriously?

• pepa65 said: But all those 20 businesses with exactly the same email, on the same day, that is hard to explain without some coordination, I am sure a judge would see that

You gonna start a potentially intl law suit over your $5 VPS? Didn't think so.

Most industries that require very little capital outlay are at risk of this type of stuff due to the way the cashflows work out. Doesn't matter whether it's a VPS or a pool cleaning service

• edited December 2019

@havocx said:

pepa65 said: But all those 20 businesses with exactly the same email, on the same day, that is hard to explain without some coordination, I am sure a judge would see that

You gonna start a potentially intl law suit over your $5 VPS? Didn't think so.

Most industries that require very little capital outlay are at risk of this type of stuff due to the way the cashflows work out. Doesn't matter whether it's a VPS or a pool cleaning service

Nope, doubt a person will take them to court. They are pretty much insured against that with their low pricing.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@newfulluser said:

@pepa65 said:

@webmaster24 said:
    They all closed after Black Friday's renewals... which many people will not refund, what a coincidence.

They must have found that on the whole, they get to 'keep' (siphoned off) most of the money when they blackpool, as most people apparently don't chargeback. To change this strategy, everybody must be strongly encouraged to do a chargeback.

The problem is we can't chargeback if it's over 45 days when paying with paypal

PayPal just changed their terms ... it is now 180 days, supposedly.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • I only wish that it was CC that was shutting down... Then maybe these scam hosts wont reappear.