Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

finalhosting.nl: chasing pavements - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

finalhosting.nl: chasing pavements

Comments

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited December 2019

@Falzo said:

it probably would have been easier to use the chance and get rid of the (PR) problem when you had the chance and the client offered an easy way out with the partial refund.

all the time spent to migrate stuff back and forth for 60 bucks not to mention the amount of people around here that lost trust in your venture.

see, I guess whatever you say or try to clarify will only make things worse as it's kind of contradicting your statements over and over again, like:

you spread his VMs to multiple nodes, then silently moved them back, then they migrated silently to a blade server because of the same failure on that node though your clients claims a 15 day difference on that. not a single notice or statement towards the customer with that. only after he starts complaining you then need to move him to a different server in a different datacenter because you suddenly don't have any room in the old place? okay.

that's just a big mess. as said I'd rather spent 60 or 80 bucks for less headache.

No that is not how it works. Did you even read what I said?

His servers were migrated to a BLADE server because I9-1 reported a failture, and there was no space on the other I9 nodes. Our system does this automaticly the prevent long downtimes. As I told you because of an bug.

There was no 15 days difference since his first report but a 2-3 day difference.

We moved his servers back to node I9-3 since there was enough space available now.

Yes we have spread his servers in the past but told him specificly that we can't guarantee the node location since we are load balancing to be able to offer the lowest load on our servers.

• lowendinglowending Member
    edited December 2019

This was a month ago, due to the severe downtimes I decided that it was best to request to spread out the servers. At the time, I remember two of them being in node i9-1, and I don't recall what nodes the other two were on, but they were definitely not i9-1. The IP addresses are different.

WTF, so I am now learning that that not only did you downgrade all my VPSes- you also silently moved them around well before that?! The VPSes were all not moved in one tranche but at least two tranches, as I've indicated in posts prior. I noted this becaue I could not connect to two of those servers when I needed to, which had an uptime of <2 days which was what lead me to investigate and showed that other 2 VPSes had an uptime of 15 days. All of them were on BLADE servers. This suggests to me that 2 of them were moved >15 days ago. I do not have proof of this, and I am basing this on what htop tells me.

• @lowending said:
    Looking further via htop/atop it looks like 2 of my VPSes were downgraded to lower tiers 15 days ago, which explains why I was experiencing noticably slower performance- which is even worse news for me from a cost perspective.

(I only started looking in 2 days ago when the main VPS I usually interact with was interrupted)

@lowending said:

My Response:

so he it's simply a misunderstanding then, right? okay, cool.

would have been 60 bucks for a lot less discussion and arguments ;-) just saying.

edited December 2019

@lowending said:
    This was a month ago, due to the severe downtimes I decided that it was best to request to spread out the servers. At the time, I remember two of them being in node i9-1, and I don't recall what nodes the other two were on, but they were definitely not i9-1. The IP addresses are different.

WTF, so I am now learning that that not only did you downgrade all my VPSes- you also silently moved them around well before that?! The VPSes were all not moved in one tranche but at least two tranches, as I've indicated in posts prior. I noted this becaue I could not connect to two of those servers when I needed to, which had an uptime of <2 days which was what lead me to investigate and showed that other 2 VPSes had an uptime of 15 days. All of them were on BLADE servers. This suggests to me that 2 of them were moved >15 days ago. I do not have proof of this, and I am basing this on what htop tells me.

We only load balance between the I9 nodes. It is not possible that 2 of your servers where moved 15 days before to a BLADE server.

Also: (Please notice we cannot guarantee...)

edited December 2019

jordynegen11 said: Also: (Please notice we cannot guarantee...)

My bad @jordynegen11 I did not expect that when you said "We cannot guarantee the node location since we are load balancing" you meant that you cannot guarantee the permanence of my slot in the node even after it was provisioned.

I thought what you meant was you could not guarantee that I would get my VPSes slots spread out across your network as what I requested. TBH, reading it again I still thought it meant my way. But I'm not a sysadmin.

jordynegen11 said: We only load balance between the I9 nodes. It is not possible that 2 of your servers where moved 15 days before to a BLADE server.

Not possible? Well that's what I saw: 2 VPSes on your BLADE server and their uptime on htop showed 15 days.

Thanked by 1tgl
  • @jordynegen11 Can you shed some light on how your automatic migrations work? If you can explain how it is all done 100% automatically everyone will start believing you.

Also, I was curious about something -- since according to you an entire node was automatically migrated away, that must mean a lot of clients have their services downgraded. Are you going to do anything for these clients?

edited December 2019

@smallbibi said:
    @jordynegen11 Can you shed some light on how your automatic migrations work? If you can explain how it is all done 100% automatically everyone will start believing you.

Also, I was curious about something -- since according to you an entire node was automatically migrated away, that must mean a lot of clients have their services downgraded. Are you going to do anything for these clients?

KVM has a feature for that. Our system checks the load every 30 minutes and hardware status every 2 minutes. We can also trigger live migration manually this via our panel

Yes he was not the only one and we have solved this issue with other customers already.

@lowending said:

Not possible? Well that's what I saw: 2 VPSes on your BLADE server and their uptime on htop showed 15 days.

Can you provide me those excact dates? I will take a look in the our database backups.

@lowending Could you also confirm that all your servers have a I9-9900K CPU now?

• I have to ask.. does that imply they are all on i9-3? If you're selling plans with 4 vCPUs on a machine that only has 8 cores, and you put 6x4 on them.. ?

edited December 2019

@hzr said:
    I have to ask.. does that imply they are all on i9-3? If you're selling plans with 4 vCPUs on a machine that only has 8 cores, and you put 6x4 on them.. ?

4x 4vCPU
    1x 1vCPU

You want dedicated core? No problem. It's just more expensive :smile:

To give the customer the best possible expierence with non-dedicated core, we do load balancing based on the load of the node.

So if this customer uses a lot of CPU power on all his VPS servers, they will eventually be spread out on multiple nodes.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2019

lol

Still, if customer buys 4x 4vCPU plans and intends to use all those cores 100% at least for hour at times, you throw them all to 1 node so they throttle each others ALONG with other customer's load.

I know you have to make money out of this idiot, but at least spread them evenly between 2 or more nodes to avoid the obvious performance hits lmao

or are you claiming they get migrated automatically if he ramps up CPU on his virtual servers?

even if this guy wouldn't notice, someone else would have and at that point you'd have lost your provider tag anyway or atleast would had gotten a shit public review.

edited December 2019

@stefeman said:
    or are you claiming they get migrated automatically if he ramps up CPU on his virtual servers?

Yes this is what i'm saying.. But that was not the issue here anyway.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Here is what I'm seeing

• @lowending creates a thread at LET because he feels to have been duped.
    • @jordynegen11 commits the cardinal sin of largely ignoring that thread, because he - understandably - thinks that LET isn't any providers help desk and because the problem can only be solved by the provider.
    • Many at LET (mis?)take that as the provider hiding and/or wanting to cover up something.
    • Finally a (doubtlessly well-meaning) mod strips the provider of his provider tag

What has actually happened?

• Some node is discovered as faulty by some software
    • The system management software puts all(?) VPSs off that node and puts them on other nodes.
    • Unfortunately the management software's priorities are quite different from customers priorities. The software follows the route "somehow keep those VMs running on nodes with enough free vCores, memory and disk space" while the customer mainly sees "It's not i9 anymore. It seems I'm getting duped!"
    • Customer isn't a sysadmin (his words) and seems to have a rather basic understanding of how VPS hosting works.
    • Provider isn't addressing this psychological problem but acts largely only matter of factly and looking at the technical aspects
    • Customers patience wears out and he gets quite excited and starts this thread at LET

But we are not jurors at court, this is real life. So Jordy,

• If you sell to humans you have to either accept only tech customers -or- understand that many humans hardly know the difference between a node and a cow plus they might perceive and act strangely, picky, frightened, etc. And you OWE them to address their worries in a way THEY understand. A customer is a customer - and not (or rarely) another techie who is content with tech jargon.
    • If you sell "I9" then be damn sure to either have some I9 node(s) in reserver -or- write it out clearly and front-up that a CPU (and disk space, being at that) might temporarily be different from what customer pays for.
    • A software error? You know I like you Jordy but pardon me, a SOFTWARE ERROR at the core of your infrastructure? Hell, get your code fixed!

Plus: Yes sh_t happens, but never DOWNgrade a customer! If you have to temporarily place the customer onto another node type then be bloody sure it's an EQUAL OR BETTER one!

And now please get that tech sh_t resolved and apologize because I want to see you as a provider again.

• @jordynegen11 All of the "facts" posted by you are not the customer's fault nor problem - they are all your problems, for you to deal with - not the customer.

Refund and move on, it's the only move you have left.

• Just refund already. That’s the easiest solution

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I didn't read this thread until now, what a quality drama :)

edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:
    @jordynegen11 All of the "facts" posted by you are not the customer's fault nor problem - they are all your problems, for you to deal with - not the customer.

Refund and move on, it's the only move you have left.

Problem is already solved and the custumer accepted the compensation.

• Rule number 1 - fix the customer
    Rule number 2 - fix the technical problem

@lowending are you satisfied with the outcome?
    On a scale of 1 to 10, please rate how likely you are to recommend this provider to a friend or family member, with 1 being not at all and 10 being extremely likely.

edited December 2019

dahartigan said: @lowending are you satisfied with the outcome?

I refer to my correspondance in page 2:

dahartigan said: On a scale of 1 to 10, please rate how likely you are to recommend this provider to a friend or family member, with 1 being not at all and 10 being extremely likely.

Absolute negative. I do not reccomend, and in fact advise against it. I would not entrust them with anything. Heck I kind of have no more use for those VPSes given how horribly opaque the provider is.

I also do not appreciate the simple framing of "customer has accepted the compensation". This persistent reframing of the my narrative that I have taken the time to detail cannot be so simply paraphrased as "resolved, there is nothing to see here!" and reeks of textbook Trump.

@jordynegen11 regarding the exact date you request where the two other VPSes experienced an impossible migration, figure it out yourself. If it had to take 4 pages of LET and multiple statements in support tickets for you to finally want to look into it and not dismiss it, either you already know what happened and refused to tell us, or your backend is absolute trash. I don't know which of the two is the better.

• I dunno man, at least he is here offering some kind of assistance and help. I’ve had far far worse providers. I feel like, in my opinion, this was a fun and enjoyable drama read :). But it wouldn’t stop me from using them as a provider. But then again I don’t really go to LET for i9’s. Fun read though...

• @lowending said:

dahartigan said: @lowending are you satisfied with the outcome?

I refer to my correspondance in page 2:

dahartigan said: On a scale of 1 to 10, please rate how likely you are to recommend this provider to a friend or family member, with 1 being not at all and 10 being extremely likely.

Absolute negative. I do not reccomend, and in fact advise against it. I would not entrust them with anything. Heck I kind of have no more use for those VPSes given how horribly opaque the provider is.

I also do not appreciate the simple framing of "customer has accepted the compensation". This persistent reframing of the my narrative that I have taken the time to detail cannot be so simply paraphrased as "resolved, there is nothing to see here!" and reeks of textbook Trump.

@jordynegen11 regarding the exact date you request where the two other VPSes experienced an impossible migration, figure it out yourself. If it had to take 4 pages of LET and multiple statements in support tickets for you to finally want to look into it and not dismiss it, either you already know what happened and refused to tell us, or your backend is absolute trash. I don't know which of the two is the better.

I can see from your perspective that this has been a very frustrating experience, and I'd only be able to imagine how pissed off you'd be right now, and understandably so. You paid for a "premium" service and got inferior customer service in return.

That's the problem that needs to be fixed first and foremost. You can't be calling yourself premium @jordynegen11 and having customers walk away like this. This is what I mean by "fix the customer".

@lowending from the sounds of it, this is the sort of experience that @jordynegen11 could have learned from and used the opportunity to show others that his platform is premium in not only price but quality of service, but sadly that wasn't the case.

@jordynegen11 every business faces problems behind the scenes that affect the way things work, and that's fine, as long as they are fixed. If you're running a garage shop, you can be rough around the edges and let the customers know what goes on back there. When you're "premium", you need to give the impression you're doing some magic and that shit just works. Obviously, things will go wrong, you'll fuck up, that's cool. Premium service would own up to that, refund the premium, and hope to fuck that premium customer comes back happy.

• dahartigan said: @lowending from the sounds of it, this is the sort of experience that @jordynegen11 could have learned from and used the opportunity to show others that his platform is premium in not only price but quality of service, but sadly that wasn't the case.

I have made ample opportunities for @jordynegen11 to "seize the day". That patience has dried up and my restraint language is now gone.

There isn't much more I can or will be willing to pursue. This has indeed been great drama, but I am also exhausted. At my end, I've concluded that the provider will probaby never provide the answers that I had sought initially, and even with those answers now- it would not give cause to re-evaluate my decision to discontinue the provider's services, or change my opinion of the provider.

As said before, I sought an early exit. Since this was rejected, I will simply allow the services to expire without renewal since the provider has only left me with this option.

I have also provided enough information to LET that has led to moderated action against finalhosting.nl on LET. I do not hold any power over this moderation and do not make any claim to it. It does validates my concerns and justifies turning this experience into public information/review of a provider that the community stands to benefit from. I think this is a good thing and raises the standard of providers on LET. Do better, or go to webhostingtalk for your business.

It would be up to LET to decide if/when and how @jordynegen11 will get his provider tag back. I will still be here, but with popcorn instead of a pitchfork.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited December 2019

@lowending said:
    It would be up to LET to decide if/when and how jordynegen11 will get his provider tag back. I will still be here, but with popcorn instead of a pitchfork.

I could probably forgive him for $2.99/yr real I9 VPS, but not sure about other mods.

Thanked by 2dahartigan gazmull
  • in my opinion its @Gam3over

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:

@lowending said:
    It would be up to LET to decide if/when and how jordynegen11 will get his provider tag back. I will still be here, but with popcorn instead of a pitchfork.

I could probably forgive him for $2.99/yr real I9 VPS, but not sure about other mods.

The server was $50/m wasn't it?

@Jord said:

But I am only looking for $2.99/yr plan

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:

@Jord said:

But I am only looking for $2.99/yr plan

Oh right, well I hope you get one then haha

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2019

Why so many faulty i9 node, better tell Intel their i9 fail fast!

And work on the automatic PayPal refound module

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jordynegen11 said:

KVM has a feature for that.

Which feature is that?

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

I would think this feature:
    https://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Migration

We have played around with KVM live migration and works pretty well - so if they have built a feature to trigger it then that's a pretty good feature of a VM control panel. I know virtualizor recently added this as part of their system for HA (from memory - don't quote me).

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I have to assume that, indeed finalhosting is dead.

After getting a note that they wanted a (pre) payment for another year (almost 80€) for my "CloudServer Business" about mid of may 2019, which I did pay ... I recently found my VPS belly up after a kernel panic. Maybe it was moved or the KVM config was changed.

I opened a high prio ticket and got no reaction for more than a day. For reference: formertimes @jordynegen11 used to respond rather quickly.

Additionally the chat seems to have gone and I can't upload ISOs anymore.

Sad, really sad. They had such a good start and LET welcomed them quite friendly.

Thanked by 1atomi