Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To providers: free giveaway of registration codes for the biggest server/hosting community in China - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To providers: free giveaway of registration codes for the biggest server/hosting community in China

Comments

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited December 2019

@SirFoxy said:

that's like coming over to my house for the first time and taking a shit in my toilet

Was telling that Chinese got used to whatever payment method they like to use, such as wechat or alipay.

Also was telling that Chinese love LAX/CA locations simply because they are more convenient for bypassing the firewall, which is forbidden in China mainland. A CN company will never allow you to bypass the firewall, and that's the whole point they want to deal with a foreign company.

Anyway, flush your toilet and move on.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

SirFoxy said: that's like coming over to my house for the first time and taking a shit in my toilet

Huh so when someone comes to your house for the first time and after dinner they really need to shit, you make them hold it in? Shit on the couch? Shit outside? or what

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Jim_tom said:
    @SirFoxy
    -) you can use Google translate, because I am a Chinese English ^_^

Now is 4 o 'clock in the morning. I want to finish work, go to bed. I'm sorry!!!

This is an English forum, not a "go somewhere else and translate into English" forum. Readers want to read one post and then another, not to have to go deal with third party websites to interpret what you said.

In chrome, I highlighted the words and right clicked and Translate was an option. It gave me a result full of Chinese Twitter accounts, still in Chinese. That's about as much effort as I'm willing to put in.

So next time, people will just skip over you and ignore you. If you want to be heard, write it in English.

Regards

• Someone in traditional chinese thought he knows far more than other people from China mainland and talks unrelated politics here. That’s a CXK behavior and vile char.
    (Note: mainland chinese uses simplified chinese only)

• MagiskSooMagiskSoo Member
    edited December 2019

@MagiskSoo said:
    Someone in traditional chinese thought he knows far more than other people from China mainland and talks unrelated politics here. That’s a CXK behavior and vile char.
    (Note: mainland chinese uses simplified chinese only)

An explanation of CXK behavior

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited December 2019

Translate:
    We need VPS for VPN
    We need VPS for P0rn

@Jim_tom
    Not every provider wants to consider for Mainland Chinese customers, some of them target to a wider global market.
    Local AFF blog may be a better way to find what we need, although there are fake informations, we need to learn how to recognize.

BTW,
    Some people dispute because they think the route to Mainland China is not as fast as they think. Actually it is because China Telecom / China Unicom / China Mobile monopolized the market, third party like Cogent / Telia / NTT, their bandwidth are restricted at China global internet border (Which at the same place with Great Fire Wall, all abroad traffic pass through it). But these people don't realized that, they just believe the net speed is slow because your VPS is poor.

• As you said "no damn use", so tell your friends on that forum don't come here to bitch around when next provider blocks Chinese IP from ordering. They have every right to do so.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited December 2019

@Kiwi83 said:

As you said "no damn use", so tell your friends on that forum don't come here to bitch around when next provider blocks Chinese IP from ordering. They have every right to do so.

MJJ (LOC members) are not friends, they are more likely to be 'comrades'.
    So the same, no damn use. There will be no one listen to a single word I said.
    People keep buying, keep disputing, keep bitching around.

So the best way is to use your wisdom to deal with Chinese customers.
    Learn from Hostflyte and PacificRack, they have experiences.

• @Kiwi83 said:

As you said "no damn use", so tell your friends on that forum don't come here to bitch around when next provider blocks Chinese IP from ordering. They have every right to do so.

Looks like they are looking for your identity to send you a ddos gift.

• @Jim_tom said:
    @FlamesRunner
    在面对低端用户,甚至你可以称之为白痴用户,可以向bandwagon.net学习,在控制面板提供一键搭建VPN或者直接提供一个定制并已安装好VPN软件的系统镜像.(至于如何解决GFW疯狂封锁的问题,我不是技术人员,没有能力.哦.对了,可以去HOSTLOC看看专门研究这个问题的贴子.)当然如果有中文面板是更好的事,如果致力于开发中国客户,花成本做这么事我认为是有必要性的.口碑是做出来的,如果在价格和质量上取舍,达到平衡,就是提供方应该考滤的了.

If you are talking about BandWagon Host, then the correct URL is https://bandwagonhost.com, https://bwh88.net is an equivalent one for access within China mainland.

And one amendment, just in my opinion, setting up a personal blog inside China requires sort of a permit from supervising authorities. The related requirements varies from province to province, cities to cities, time to time, very "flexible" and harsh. Some even are required to remove guestbooks from blogs, some required keep their personal blogs' titles uniformed, ie, you'll have to set your blog title sth. like Jack's personal blog, or similar, or otherwise you won't obtain the permit. I am not exaggerating the ridiculous situation inside China, as people will read those complaints from Hostloc forum. It's worthwhile that western hosting providers do deep and relevant research before they finally know what the market truly is and how it develops for better forecast.

• @poisson said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Looks like they are looking for your identity to send you a ddos gift.

No worry lah. They can't DDoS my farm lah.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited December 2019

@Jim_tom said:
    @fat32 如果有空拜托翻译一下!

沟通很重要,,,我来大概介绍一下中国客户的群体需求:

1.需要VPN来突破GFW,来访问twitter,facebook,youtube,google等,他们仅仅需要能安装VPN软件的便宜VPS..才机器性能要求不高..主要的需求就是线路质量和速度.....这算是低端客户.

2.需要VPN来突破GFW,同时也需要VPS来安放他们的个人blog....这算是中端客户

3.不需要VPN来突破GFW,是用来做网站或别的,他们选译国外主机商的原因有以下(这一部分人是高端客户,在很多国家的主机商购买性能好的VPS或者独立服务器)
    a.不想备案.因为它很麻烦.
    b.提供的内容是中国法律不容许的
    c.中国国内的带宽太贵.

希望主机提供商能够针对中国客户按照需求提供不同价格的产品,当然,如果您不想赚中国人的钱请忽略,大家有不满的时候请先互相沟通,提供者和使用者的信息不对称是最大的问题,还有请不要发表你的政治观点,除非你成了你们国家的元首.

再补充一下:在中国有三大运营商,分别是中国联通,中国移动,中国电信.他们连接国际线路的路由不同,所以会出现一种情况,你们提供的产品对其中一家运营商线路友好而对另两家不友好,给我们的使用体验是有差别的....中国有句古话,叫细节决定成败,建议在你们的产品说明中标注一下你们的线路对哪个运营商友好,减少因为这个原因而发生的误会.

Sorry was asleep. I just woke up and here's a free @poisson translation service:

Communication is very important. Let me roughly introduce the requirements of Chinese clients.

1. The first type only requires VPNs to bypass the GFW for services such as Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Google etc. They just need a cheap VPS to install VPN software. They do not require powerful VPS specs but what they need is quality peering and speed. This type of clients are considered low-end clients.

2. The second type of clients require not just VPNs, but they also need a VPS for their personal blogs. This type of clients are considered mid-range clients.

3. The third type of clients are those who do not need a VPN to bypass the GFW. They require the VPS to create websites or other web services. These clients choose VPSes located outside of China for various reasons (these are the high-end clients who buy VPS with high specs or dedicated servers):

a. They do not wish to go through the trouble of registration paperwork, which is very tedious in China.
      b. They may wish to provide content which is illegal under Chinese laws.
      c. Internal bandwidth in China is too expensive.

I hope that hosting providers can tailor their products and prices to meet the needs of Chinese clients. Of course, if you do not wish to accept Chinese customers, you can just ignore us. However, if there is any unhappiness, we should talk it out because miscommunication between providers and customers is often the biggest problem. Also, please do not bring your political views into discussions, unless you are the head of your country.

To add on, there are three major carriers in China: China Unicom, China Mobile and China Telecom. Their international connections are not the same, so situations arise where a provider has good connections to one carrier but not the other two, resulting in different user experiences. There is an ancient saying in China: details determine success or failure. I would like to suggest that providers indicate which Chinese carrier their services peer better with to reduce misunderstandings caused by this issue.

• @Jim_tom said:
    @FlamesRunner
    在面对低端用户,甚至你可以称之为白痴用户,可以向bandwagon.net学习,在控制面板提供一键搭建VPN或者直接提供一个定制并已安装好VPN软件的系统镜像.(至于如何解决GFW疯狂封锁的问题,我不是技术人员,没有能力.哦.对了,可以去HOSTLOC看看专门研究这个问题的贴子.)当然如果有中文面板是更好的事,如果致力于开发中国客户,花成本做这么事我认为是有必要性的.口碑是做出来的,如果在价格和质量上取舍,达到平衡,就是提供方应该考滤的了.

Free @poisson translation service again:

When dealing with low-end clients, or maybe you can call them idiot clients, one can learn from bandwagon.net to either provide an interface that can connect to a VPN or provide a mirror website that is already connected through a VPN (as for how to resolve the problem of GFW's aggressive banning, I am not a technical expert and I am unable to advise, but one can go to HostLoc to look at threads that specializes in this topic). Of course, if there is a Chinese interface that is even better; if there is intention to capture the Chinese market, spending resources on this is something I think is necessary. Word-of-mouth is based on action and providers should consider both price and quality to achieve a good balance.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited December 2019

@Jim_tom said:

@SirFoxy said:
    I think there's a lot of money to be made with the Chinese market in locations such as L.A. but also, you'll have to actively make sure it's not banned by the communist firewall, and you'll need to accept payment processors that don't support chargebacks. (i.e. bitcoin)

我们不用比特币.我们用paypal,信用卡(很多人不用),微信,支付宝...如果是一家新服务商很难让我们用paypal之外的支付方式....如果是知名服务商,比如bwh,ovh,等等.用微信支付宝支付是很方便的.

你说的洛杉矶很赚钱是因为赚的就是突破GFW的钱,如果不需要突破了,还能赚钱么?可以说,一个GFW造就了一个行业.

Free @poisson translation service for @SirFoxy:

We do not use Bitcoin. We use Paypal, credit card (many people don't use this though), WeChat Pay and Alipay. If it is a new provider, it is difficult for us to use payment options other than Paypal. The established big players such as BWH, OVH etc allow us to use WeChat Pay and Alipay, which is very convenient.

The L.A. location you are referring to is very profitable because they make money from the need to bypass the GFW. If there is no longer such a need, would it still be profitable? One can say that the GFW created an entire industry.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • MagiskSooMagiskSoo Member
    edited December 2019

theres no much disputes on it, just BUSINESS, providers who are willing to do business with chinese made big bucks already. look at bandwagonhost.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited December 2019

Ok, guys, I am a simple man, I have a simple question, after researching about alipay and wechat pay for a good couple of hours/days, I am almost brain dead, how does one go about accepting that here in the states that work with whmcs or blesta?

So far I have seen two "merchant" services, that is not stripe, who requires an email to setup an account/get consulted, which is bs.

There is no builtin solution for stripe that works with Whmcs without the help of 3rd party solutions, that I don't know if I can trust that much.

Thanks.

• @seriesn said:
    Ok, guys, I am a simple man, I have a simple question, after researching about alipay and wechat pay for a good couple of hours/days, I am almost brain dead, how does one go about accepting that here in the states that work with whmcs or blesta?

So far I have seen two "merchant" services, that is not stripe, who requires an email to setup an account/get consulted, which is bs.

There is no builtin solution for stripe that works with Whmcs without the help of 3rd party solutions, that I don't know if I can trust that much.

Thanks.

This is something that the Chinese folks might know better than us and we need their input.

• poisson said: This is something that the Chinese folks might know better than us and we need their input.

Hopefully, someone can chime in because I am lost Af.

• go away

• seriesn said: Ok, guys, I am a simple man, I have a simple question, after researching about alipay and wechat pay for a good couple of hours/days, I am almost brain dead, how does one go about accepting that here in the states that work with whmcs or blesta?

most people that don't speak chinese just use stripe to accept it

• @seriesn

I had no trouble activating AliPay on my Stripe merchant account, although I'm not aware of a way for you to accept it using Blesta/WHMCS at this time without an external paid module.

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @seriesn

I had no trouble activating AliPay on my Stripe merchant account, although I'm not aware of a way for you to accept it using Blesta/WHMCS at this time without an external paid module.

I have it activated. The only problem, can’t figure out a way to accept it manually.

The current whmcs paid module is a joke.

• @aRNoLD said:

@Jim_tom said:
    @FlamesRunner

If you are talking about BandWagon Host, then the correct URL is https://bandwagonhost.com, https://bwh88.net is an equivalent one for access within China mainland.

And one amendment, just in my opinion, setting up a personal blog inside China requires sort of a permit from supervising authorities. The related requirements varies from province to province, cities to cities, time to time, very "flexible" and harsh. Some even are required to remove guestbooks from blogs, some required keep their personal blogs' titles uniformed, ie, you'll have to set your blog title sth. like Jack's personal blog, or similar, or otherwise you won't obtain the permit. I am not exaggerating the ridiculous situation inside China, as people will read those complaints from Hostloc forum. It's worthwhile that western hosting providers do deep and relevant research before they finally know what the market truly is and how it develops for better forecast.

Jesus, China needs a revolution. Now would be the time, too. Trump would probably aid the people to fuck with Chinese government.

• @seriesn

It's possible using the newest JS library, but no decent module exists for that yet. That said, only users with billing addresses set in China and co. are able to use AliPay, so if you want to test it out you would need to input some Chinese address.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @FlamesRunner said:
    @seriesn

It's possible using the newest JS library, but no decent module exists for that yet. That said, only users with billing addresses set in China and co. are able to use AliPay, so if you want to test it out you would need to input some Chinese address.

But, how do I accept it manually if I need to?

• @seriesn

There should be some demo code available somewhere, I've not tested it yet but Stripe seems to have a few examples.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • MJJ NB

• 2gouzi2gouzi Member
    edited December 2019

Data center for Chinese business>>>>Alibaba、CeRaNetworks、Enzu、globalfrag、hostspaces、Zenlayer、psychz、sharktech、dcs、mc、qn、pegtech and more……

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Hi @dedipromo

I would like to get invitation code to the site

when i do search for servarica i see many threads opened there about us .

most of the time I cant even understand what is being said with google translate which is really bad for Chinese (Mandarin I assume)(they translate dollar to knife !!! and you really sometimes dont understand even the topic )

Also would you be able to make a guide on how to make offers there like what section or link we have to go

For us we almost never had issues with Chinese customers
    they will either like the service or if the network is too bad for them they will open ticket and ask for refund in civilized manner . probably in the last 30 days we got only 1 dispute from china and it was misunderstanding abut how we do refund and it got resolved

I wish to know what we do right that our Chinese customers are really good so we emphasize on keep doing it

• servarica_hani said: translate dollar to knife

That's because do (as in dollar) and knife (in Chinese) are homophones. And you will find a plethora of acronyms and other types of abbreviations that Google translate (or a native Chinese speaker who isn't familiar with hosting, for that matter) can't understand.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani