Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage and SSD Black Friday Offers as low as 1$/month from servaRICA - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage and SSD Black Friday Offers as low as 1$/month from servaRICA

Comments

• @Neoon said:

@sparek said:
    I'd be curious to know if 1gbps port speed is an option - or even just a temporary option. If you are using these for storage servers, I would think a faster push/pull speed would be ideal.

He had 1Gbit on all vm's before he took notice and enforced 100Mbit.

100mbps is probably good enough for most applications. But if you're having to restore a large server backup, being able to temporarily boost the connection speed to 1gbps so that the backups can be pushed back onto a production server - would seem to be ideal. Even if you had to pay for it. Say $5 or $10 for a week at 1gbps (or whatever pricing model you wanted to use as long as it's not too outrageous).

But as others have said... just because you have a 1gbps port doesn't mean you're going to get 1gbps. If the network is already saturated... 1gbps isn't necessarily going to do you any good.

• I kinda like the way Online.net works once a server gets on their "let's throttle that abuser" list: you get the first 1GiB at full speed, after which your speed drops to a meager 100mbps. As bandwidth consumption is averaged over a few minutes, just stop downloading, wait a bit, then enjoy another burst of gigabit again.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Awesome deal! I grabbed a 4TB node.
    Sad that I was to late for the 500GB one's.

• Hmm, too bad about the ipv6 storage, looks like a good deal. I moved and just discovered I don't actually have ipv6 connectivity in the new place. Oh well.

• Shot2 said: I kinda like the way Online.net works once a server gets on their "let's throttle that abuser" list: you get the first 1GiB at full speed, after which your speed drops to a meager 100mbps. As bandwidth consumption is averaged over a few minutes, just stop downloading, wait a bit, then enjoy another burst of gigabit again.

Nice, good to know! By chance do you know the limit when they apply this cap? (200Mb/s 95th percentile for a while?)

• Sorry, can't tell if there's some automatic rule or if it's arbitrary following complaints and whatnot.

• spareksparek Member
    edited December 2019

I'd actually rather pay (although... I suppose it ultimately depends on how much one has to pay) for a weeks worth of 1gbps (assuming you can actually get 1gbps when you pay for it or at least pretty close) when I need it, rather than fight through per minute percentiles.

At least the way I do our backups, using rsync, the only time you really need top speed is when you're pushing the initial backup to the backup server and when you're pulling backups from the backup server.

Pushing the initial backup to the backup server at 100mbps might be slow... but it's not a huge deal. Clients aren't necessarily aware of this because (hopefully) everything is running fine on the production server.

Pulling backups from a backup server to a production server... that's when higher speed really becomes a paramount issue. Otherwise you're scattering a restore over the course of 4 or 5 days... clients aren't real happy.

If it comes up that I have to restore a backup from a remote server, knowing I can boost that connection to 1gbps for however long it takes to complete that task (and again actually getting 1gbps or close to it) ... that can greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to complete the full restoration process.

Edit: Although... it's worth pointing out, not everybody's backup procedure is the same. Just because a setup like this would be ideal for me, doesn't mean it'd fit for everybody.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @sjkme said:
    great offers @servarica_hani , would love a 4tb storage server for $6-$7, maybe ditch the 6gb ram singles day offer and bring it down to 1gb

Second this. I need 2ish TB of cold storage, but would buy a reasonable 4tb package. Maybe mouse specs with ability to upsize or something similar?

• @servarica_hani does the "Mouse Storage Offer" have any plan on restocking? thanks.

• @servarica_hani said:
    actually in few days we will enable it back for several hours a time to test the effect ,
    we will do that for some time before offering it for general public

That would be super cool for this price :smiley:

@varx said:
    Everything is nice, but network seems dead slow sometimes, struggles to reach 25-30 Mbit. I have 11.11 VPS.

it depend on the path between the other server your backing up from
    we are working on making the network better but that take some time

Thank you, ping is minimal and sometimes it does reach 100Mbit continuously, but then drops. But alright, I am just mentioning because seeding first backup, after this incremental ones should do fine anyway.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@hzr said:

plumberg said: I hope everyone realizes this is not the support desk for the provider. Also everyone doing syncs is going to slow up the network. This is the cost of a shared uplink.

servarica_hani said: if you have issue open ticket or forum post

I know, I'm surprised too.

I mean in our support forums not here :smile:
    Sorry for the confusion

Thanked by 2plumberg uptime
  • Shared offer is on many servers or just one?

• hmm montreal.. anyone have a test ip?

• So far no complain about my 1- Mouse Storage server, out of my expectation.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • risturizristuriz Member
    edited December 2019

http://ping.servarica.com/ (Looking Glass) but without Ipv6

P.D. If you don't have IPv6, buy some cheap VPS -> http://cdn.gullo.me/cam/gh-bf-cm-2019/ and connect from there

Thanked by 1dedicados
    edited December 2019

GUYS ARE YOU READY

at 1:00 PM EST we will reopen the stock of mouse offer
    so in 1:36 minutes from now

GET READY

Edit: it is 1 PM not 12PM

• dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2019

@servarica_hani said:

@elliotc said:
    I am late for the 500gb

@dTQzBen8 said:
    Mouse storage offer gone...

@zongyouxiao said:
    Mouse Storage Server out of stock, please replenish it.

@Harambe said:
    @servarica_hani Any chance of a cyber monday restock for the v6-only storage?

yes we will restock for sure within those 2 days
    I am negotiating with me team on best time still (we almost didnt sleep :) )
    I will update this thread once we post it
    it will be either cyber monday or before it

It's half of monday and it didn't get restocked, did I miss it?

Edit: saw the announce right after posting this

• lock and loaded

• @servarica_hani said:
    GUYS ARE YOU READY

so in 36 minutes from now

GET READY

12 pm or 1pm? Just confused.. also is temp upgrade to 1gbit possible? I need only for storage. Thnx

1 pm sorry not 12 pm

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @servarica_hani said:
    GUYS ARE YOU READY

so in 36 minutes from now

GET READY

It still said OOS. Please have a look.

• @servarica_hani said:
    1 pm sorry not 12 pm

Ah, another hour I had to waste :(

• PhantomPainPhantomPain Member
    edited December 2019

@servarica_hani said:
    1 pm sorry not 12 pm

Why not open pre-order right now as you said 36 mins before? You don’t need to make everything done before accepting orders

Thanked by 1Ouji

IT IS OPEN NOW

we will mostly start provision the orders in 2 hours

• Already bought 1 :)

• @servarica_hani said:
    IT IS OPEN NOW

Got one, thank you.

But I did not fill hostname carefully, does it affect?

• Me too got one!!! :)

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@servarica_hani said:
    IT IS OPEN NOW

Got one, thank you.

But I did not fill hostname carefully, does it affect?

no

• Can we combine a few into one single box? @servarica_hani
    I am looking at $12/ year plan

Pls confirm so I can order

• @servarica_hani I'm making an order, but I think your system will flag me as fraud cause I'm on the company network (and it's in a different country than mine). But I want to do it right now so I don't miss the deal. is that ok?