Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute - Black Friday 2019 - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute - Black Friday 2019

1235»

Comments

• On my 3rd year with MXroute. I love both service and jarland! Of course Louis too : )

Thanked by 2jar louis_lau
  • This company WINS in customer service department, buy with confidence and you will not have to worry about your email server again!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Although I'm not really into email things, I just can't resist this offer. Just purchased one. Good offer!

• @louis_lau said:

@scooke said:
    Hi,
    Can I use domains in Chinese or Arabic? (obviously the actual domain is something like xn--neoqeau.com) Thanks.

EDIT: I just tried entering my domain and this was the response:
    Invalid domain name provided

Domains must begin with a letter or a number and be between and characters in length Please check your entry and try again.

So there's my answer!

The billing portal might not like it, but I just tested it in DirectAdmin and it works fine. It converts it to punycode automatically.

True, it didn't work in the billing portal. I'll give it a try in DA. Much thanks.

• @muffin said:
    On my 3rd year with MXroute. I love both service and jarland! Of course Louis too : )

😘

Thanked by 1muffin
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited November 2019

@jar i have "DA Small" purchased some weeks ago. i have three questions:
    1. do i have "Unlimited Control Panel User Accounts" in "DA Small"?
    2. is the black friday offer technically the same as "DA Small" or is it restriced?
    3. can i switch from my regular "DA small" to the black friday 2019 offer? (Upgrade/Downgrade in portal.mxroute.com is not offered)

would be nice to find a satisfied solution.

• @hyperblast said:
    @jar i have "DA Small" purchased some weeks ago. i have three questions:
    1. do i have "Unlimited Control Panel User Accounts" in "DA Small"?
    2. is the black friday offer technically the same as "DA Small" or is it restriced?
    3. can i switch from my regular "DA small" to the black friday 2019 offer? (Upgrade/Downgrade in portal.mxroute.com is not offered)

would be nice to find a satisfied solution.

1. No, that would be only for the reseller plans
    2. Yes, only difference is storage and pricing
    3. Last paragraph of OP :)
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited November 2019

@louis_lau thx for the quick reply. last paragraph is almost clear. but in my case it would mean, i order the black friday 2019 offer for 10$/ year and have parallel "DA small" running for almost a year. Would it be possible to charge for the payment already made?

• havocxhavocx Member
    edited November 2019

jar said: Hmm. Not sure what to make of that, I'll look.

Not urgent. It works if I change it to local format i.e. 07xx so got it registered fine. Multiple countries have same local format though so makes sense to collect the country code (if you plan on phoning I guess lol). Or guess based on address - would be wrong for me though.

• @hyperblast said:
    @louis_lau thx for the quick reply. last paragraph is almost clear. but in my case it would mean, i order the black friday 2019 offer for 10$/ year and have parallel "DA small" running for almost a year. Would it be possible to charge for the payment already made?

That won't be possible I'm afraid. The day mxroute starts refunding customers to move to a better deal won't be a good day. Can make an exception if you ordered in the last 2 weeks. :grin:

Thanked by 1PHDan
  • One question before signing up for the reseller plan - if an end user was caught spamming, will that specific e-mail address be suspended, or that user account will be suspended, or the whole reseller account will be affected? As far as I understand, the reseller does not have any way to control what the end user are doing with the server.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2019

@dedipromo said:
    One question before signing up for the reseller plan - if an end user was caught spamming, will that specific e-mail address be suspended, or that user account will be suspended, or the whole reseller account will be affected? As far as I understand, the reseller does not have any way to control what the end user are doing with the server.

If intentional I'll suspend the sub user, the one you resold to, and ask you to remove them. If not intentional, I'll change their password and notify you.

People who don't walk in my shoes often question if I'm capable of accurately determining intent in these cases, I very much am. It's pretty easy, intentional spammers leave very clear contextual clues that are not open to interpretation. Example: https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/5d9dc08f6b04580a60be3de9

Thanked by 2dedipromo angstrom
  • I migrated from sparkpost (its a load of crap, dont ever use it) to this $10/yr deal. Saved me a sh&t load of moneys.

Thank you @jar !!!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Does MXRoute support IPv6 yet?

@benj0x said:
    Does MXRoute support IPv6 yet?

No.

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • Hey @jar I am thinking of using MXRoute instead of Elasticmail on a couple of domains for some of my cron triggered system emails from a bunch of VPSs.

Usually these are things like daily logwatch summaries or other emails (primarily text, delivered to my own account, no public emails).

These machines will NOT be generating other mails except via cron likely once a day, weekly and monthly. Considering that clocks will be in sync, it is very likely that at a given time every day/week/month, there'll suddenly be like 5-10 emails from each/all machines - is that something that will be throttled or trip up your rate limiter/whatever? I expect at other times in the day the emails will be zero.

Needless to say, spf/dkim/smtp auth (and whatever else required) will all be in order and these emails will either be store/forward on mxroute mailbox or store+forward in some cases.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited November 2019

nullnothere said: is that something that will be throttled or trip up your rate limiter/whatever?

To be honest it doesn't sound like anything I'll even see, shouldn't come close to any problems. Most of the time I'm watching this and then jumping to kibana to see the top 10 senders when it spikes:

https://metrics.mxroute.com/d/84vE1GTZz/rspamd?orgId=1&refresh=10s

• @jar, does MXRoute have server in south east asia?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Is there a demo account or something?

• What happens when you need more space?

What is the price of upgrading?

• @rchurch said: What happens when you need more space?

You learn to delete emails

• @angstrom said:

@rchurch said: What happens when you need more space?

The reseller system permits overselling and if customers use more than expected how do you increase the space?

You can't tell them to delete emails if they are below their quota.

@rchurch said:

@angstrom said:

The reseller system permits overselling and if customers use more than expected how do you increase the space?

I'd like to discuss the situation at that stage. If you just need more space to sell more I'd like to spread it out with a second package that could be on a different server. If you need more for the accounts on that package already, I'll make it work.

I'm always fair and generous with upgrades but how I handle them has to be a bit situational and I want to make sure I'm not automating it into a crisis.

Thanked by 1rchurch
  • @jar said:

@rchurch said:

@angstrom said:

I'd like to discuss the situation at that stage. If you just need more space to sell more I'd like to spread it out with a second package that could be on a different server. If you need more for the accounts on that package already, I'll make it work.

I'm always fair and generous with upgrades but how I handle them has to be a bit situational and I want to make sure I'm not automating it into a crisis.

I guess a logical way would be to buy a new plan and switch some of them to it, but that sounds like it would result in some downtime and customers wouldn't be happy.

It sounds like it doesn't happen very often and that is not surprising. It took me years to reach my Gmail quota and that it was because of subscriptions to main developer mailing lists, debian user et al.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Not sure if the Bike Gremlin posted this lately - good tutorial:

https://io.bikegremlin.com/11200/mxroute-email/

• @jar said:

@rchurch said:

@angstrom said:

FWIW, IME, @jar has always been very generous and considerate when it comes to accommodating his customer's needs. I sometimes even feel like I'm getting TOO good of a service for what I pay. I guess that's why I keep "idling" multiple MXRoute plans that I could have easily fit into my smallest (sub-$5/year) plan years ago lol.

Thanked by 1jar