Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro Black friday presales ! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro Black friday presales !

Comments

• There's something wrong with the network again

• @xinba said:
    There's something wrong with the network again

Send more sisters to Cociu to fight anti-DDoS, ASAP! Over and out!

• @ps20090 said:

@xinba said:

Send more sisters to Cociu to fight anti-DDoS, ASAP! Over and out!

I am an independent server used to make websites. I used to do this in the first two months. I thought it would be good, but it turned out to be the same again. There's no way the site can sustain visitors

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

@xinba said:

Yes. Seeing that too. Monitoring is going haywire. Had to disable it yesterday.

• For some reason Liberty global is donw , working to resolve this issue . (is dissconect every 2 seconds) for the moment we have route the traffic truth alternative networks. Sorry for any truble.

• m4num4nu Member, Patron Provider

@cociu said:
    For some reason Liberty global is donw , working to resolve this issue . (is dissconect every 2 seconds) for the moment we have route the traffic truth alternative networks. Sorry for any truble.

As of now it works again nicely. Maybe the alternative routing.

• @cociu said:
    we will work something in the first month of next year in storage with ipv6 only.

I can't wait :wink:

• Network exception :neutral:
    Hope it can be fixed soon.

• HostSolutions is down?

• The reply i got that they were changing their core router its an approx 30 to 40 minute downtime at the max.

• God, can we be more stable

• At least host your website on a stabler network than yours.. Even the client area is down.

• @xinba said:
    God, can we be more stable

Not sure what you mean but they have been very stable: https://lowendboxes.review/hostsolutions-storage-vps-longitudinal-review/

However, I would suggest to @cociu that even if it is emergency maintenance, it will be good to inform customers via email so that they don't come to forum and post comments about what is going on. :)

• @poisson said:

@xinba said:

Not sure what you mean but they have been very stable: https://lowendboxes.review/hostsolutions-storage-vps-longitudinal-review/

However, I would suggest to @cociu that even if it is emergency maintenance, it will be good to inform customers via email so that they don't come to forum and post comments about what is going on. :)

Jesus, stop defending cociu all the time.

• cociu will most probably be giving compensation for the downtime thats am being told.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @dosai said:
    Jesus, stop defending cociu all the time.

Defending or criticizing without evidence is not what I do.

• @aneesh120 said:
    cociu will most probably be giving compensation for the downtime thats am being told.

Thanks for the update. He's been very stable for the last few months, but seems like something unexpected happened. Let's wait for the explanation.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • The short story :

we have buy last month a juniper with +42k dollars (a new one) , for some reason 2 hours ago was owered down and is not power on any more. So we work ASAP to ut our old core hardware to put all this online again. Really sorry for all this shit.

• @cociu said:
    The short story :

we have buy last month a juniper with +42k dollars (a new one) , for some reason 2 hours ago was owered down and is not power on any more. So we work ASAP to ut our old core hardware to put all this online again. Really sorry for all this shit.

Thanks for the update @cociu. Better make sure Juniper compensates you for this shit.

Thanked by 1dragonfsky
  • @poisson said:

@xinba said:

I have been using his independent server for more than 8 months, and I am very clear that only October and November are particularly stable,

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

No matter what vendor or issue it was, it would be a bad surprise if the whole network actually depends on one single point of failure.
    There must be some kind of (tested) backup/standby device and concept and there are plenty of techniques to achieve that on every OSI layer.
    I hope to see some invest in such redundancy concepts and better tests to ensure they are actually working.

Thanked by 2aneesh120 poisson
  • @dfroe said:
    No matter what vendor or issue it was, it would be a bad surprise if the whole network actually depends on one single point of failure.
    There must be some kind of (tested) backup/standby device and concept and there are plenty of techniques to achieve that on every OSI layer.
    I hope to see some invest in such redundancy concepts and better tests to ensure they are actually working.

at such a price point i doubt he can provide such redundancy he will have to start selling his products at a much more realistic price to offer stable services.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@aneesh120 said:
    at such a price point i doubt he can provide such redundancy

I don't think so. If I had a budget of +42k$ then I would buy multiple used devices instead of one single new one; which would have been the better choice IMHO.

• @dfroe said:

I happen to know just the perfect .ro provider for this.

• @xinba said:

@poisson said:

@xinba said:

I have been using his independent server for more than 8 months, and I am very clear that only October and November are particularly stable,

Seasonal service. Nice.

• Just to update : We need to change some more fibers (different connectors) and all be up. Sorry fror any inconvenience.

• @cociu said:
    Just to update : We need to change some more fibers (different connectors) and all be up. Sorry fror any inconvenience.

Very unfortunate situation and I hope you will sit down with your tech guys and audit your entire infrastructure to see if there are any more single points of failure and how you plan to have systems in place to have failover. Definitely @dfroe is correct to say that you should not have single points of failure and you need multiple plans to cater to different scenarios. I am a senior NCO in the reserves and I will tell you that for ops, we have at least three plans for every mission (one main, two alternatives). If you plan to grow into a provider who can be relied on for hosting critical activities, you need to start developing such a mindset of having at least two backup plans for each scenario that threatens the delivery of your services.

• poisson said: Very unfortunate situation and I hope you will sit down with your tech guys and audit your entire infrastructure to see if there are any more single points of failure and how you plan to have systems in place to have failover. Definitely @dfroe is correct to say that you should not have single points of failure and you need multiple plans to cater to different scenarios. I am a senior NCO in the reserves and I will tell you that for ops, we have at least three plans for every mission (one main, two alternatives). If you plan to grow into a provider who can be relied on for hosting critical activities, you need to start developing such a mindset of having at least two backup plans for each scenario that threatens the delivery of your services.

In the past we had use cisco 6500 model (a verry old one) so i have decided to invert in new stuff but unfortunatly is cost much and i have split the inversion in 2 different period to not have problem with chash flow ... so i have just inverted 42k 40 days ago and was panned to buy the same config this next month ... unfortunatly and bad luck was happened now. So finnaly fuck jupiper and we will swich today to cisco again until i will have 2 online to avoid such problems... but really i am a bad luck guy ... a new hardware faill in 40 days .. I know i dont have any apologise for today but i will see how to compensate this downtime. ETA to be resolved maximum 1 hour (still have to change some connectors because is not compatible with the older 6500)

Thanked by 1karlo33
  • @cociu said:

poisson said: Very unfortunate situation and I hope you will sit down with your tech guys and audit your entire infrastructure to see if there are any more single points of failure and how you plan to have systems in place to have failover. Definitely @dfroe is correct to say that you should not have single points of failure and you need multiple plans to cater to different scenarios. I am a senior NCO in the reserves and I will tell you that for ops, we have at least three plans for every mission (one main, two alternatives). If you plan to grow into a provider who can be relied on for hosting critical activities, you need to start developing such a mindset of having at least two backup plans for each scenario that threatens the delivery of your services.

In the past we had use cisco 6500 model (a verry old one) so i have decided to invert in new stuff but unfortunatly is cost much and i have split the inversion in 2 different period to not have problem with chash flow ... so i have just inverted 42k 40 days ago and was panned to buy the same config this next month ... unfortunatly and bad luck was happened now. So finnaly fuck jupiper and we will swich today to cisco again until i will have 2 online to avoid such problems... but really i am a bad luck guy ... a new hardware faill in 40 days .. I know i dont have any apologise for today but i will see how to compensate this downtime. ETA to be resolved maximum 1 hour (still have to change some connectors because is not compatible with the older 6500)

To be honest, I am glad to see the investments coming to make your business even better in future, just that maybe it wasn't the best idea to go in without the backup arriving yet. You might want to consider that even if you have a main and a backup, if the main fails, you are operating with no backups. Will you get the main repaired or replaced in time? I would say that you probably need two backup plans as a general rule because statistically, the odds of three failing one after another is like really, really low. The chances of a main and a backup failing together is still somewhat high.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Small update.

Marius and the guys at the Datacenter are still working on replacing the fiber cables connectors as the connectors are different for the old Cisco 6500.
    We're sorry for the hassle this is causing to our clients - doing our best to ensure that the network is brought online as soon as possible.