Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the quieter it gets to Black Friday - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why the quieter it gets to Black Friday

Comments

• @dahartigan said:

@FlyOverPacificOcean said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:
    There are a handful of countries where people seem to honestly believe they are a king or a god because they have a couple of USD to spend, and that you must bow to them and beg. Fuck that. It doesn't work in the rest of the world like that. Such culture :-)

I think there is quite a bit of cultural and language barrier between the PRC Chinese and the rest of the world. They definitely need to interact with the world outside to understand that money is not everything (which pretty much is almost everything in the PRC world). Otherwise, you won't see news like these: https://shanghai.ist/2019/10/19/man-pays-hitman-2-million-yuan-to-kill-competitor-gets-busted-after-job-is-passed-along-four-times/

I have bought a lot of cheap VPSs, and many amazing businesses have published Black Friday offers. Many people have to do this. Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud, and Huawei Cloud have monopolized China ’s data centers. The Chinese cannot freely build Websites cannot access the Internet freely. I suggest you watch a movie "1984", it is illegal to breathe in this land.

If China sucks so bad, why don't you just move to Australia or Canada or UK or even US? If you do, please leave your bad manners behind the wall.

Buying a U.S. visa costs 200,000 yuan. Many people have no money and it is difficult to live, but Jiang Zemin is the richest person in the world.

• @hzr said:
    The entitlement is astounding.

The entertainment is astonishing. I am pretty serious that this is a cultural faux pas, guys.

Being sandwiched in the middle seeing both sides talking past each other is both funny and sad.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Chievo
  • @poisson said:

I have bought a lot of cheap VPSs, and many amazing businesses have published Black Friday offers. Many people have to do this. Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud, and Huawei Cloud have monopolized China ’s data centers. The Chinese cannot freely build Websites cannot access the Internet freely. I suggest you watch a movie "1984", it is illegal to breathe in this land.

I totally understand the Chinese media landscape. However, I think the more you talk, the more misunderstandings you will cause because of language barrier. As @FAT32 has said, be a bit patient and you will get what you need. There is no need to keep asking.

我完全理解大陆的媒体管控制度,但是因为你英语的不足,说多错多。就听@FAT32 的劝告吧,耐心一点,不需要追问。

It is funny it is like the opposite of alibaba trading platform. The main difference is that VPS cost literally less than a starbucks coffee.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@poisson said:
    Being sandwiched in the middle seeing both sides talking past each other is both funny and sad.

I'm Asian, I get it :joy:

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @poisson said:

@hzr said:

The entertainment is astonishing. I am pretty serious that this is a cultural faux pas, guys.

Is it sad to be an Asian? Sometimes really helpless

• @FlyOverPacificOcean said:

@poisson said:

@hzr said:

I do not think so. At least in my personal view seeking additional discount for.a highly cheap VPS is not going To work. They need To pay the bills as well. Why not buy a dedicated server? If you have 300 VPS it would be cheaper .more money for you!

@poisson said:

@hzr said:

I'm not sad to be Asian :smiley:

No one would've known I'm Asian, until I say so :joy:

• thedp said: No one would've known I'm Asian

That avatar, thought... I have keen eye for Chinese, Indian and Brazil people. An eye trained with many scams and chargebacks. You can run, but you won't hide.

• @Chievo said:

@poisson said:

@hzr said:

I do not think so. At least in my personal view seeking additional discount for.a highly cheap VPS is not going To work. They need To pay the bills as well. Why not buy a dedicated server? If you have 300 VPS it would be cheaper .more money for you!

Most hosting providers are unreliable. There are many quietly closed businesses, such as Alpharacks, WootHosting, NFPHosting, HostMyBytes, HiFormance, QuickClickHosting. I need each website to have a different IP address, and the telecommunications connection lines in different countries. Doing so is good for SEO and security.

@LTniger said:

thedp said: No one would've known I'm Asian

That avatar, thought... I have keen eye for Chinese, Indian and Brazil people. An eye trained with many scams and chargebacks. You can run, but you won't hide.

It's Dru Hill's logo.

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:
    There are a handful of countries where people seem to honestly believe they are a king or a god because they have a couple of USD to spend, and that you must bow to them and beg. Fuck that. It doesn't work in the rest of the world like that. Such culture :-)

I think there is quite a bit of cultural and language barrier between the PRC Chinese and the rest of the world. They definitely need to interact with the world outside to understand that money is not everything (which pretty much is almost everything in the PRC world). Otherwise, you won't see news like these: https://shanghai.ist/2019/10/19/man-pays-hitman-2-million-yuan-to-kill-competitor-gets-busted-after-job-is-passed-along-four-times/

Hehehehe it seems like a hosting reseller business......

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @LTniger said:

thedp said: No one would've known I'm Asian

Brasil people is doing lot of fraud as well?

• Why the quieter it gets to Black Friday

Not all businesses can afford offering deals, the more a niche is competitive, the more the margins are tight... As buyers, we love promotions, black fridays, and so on, but form a seller point of view, this is certainly not that fun... especially since people wait for promotions, and limit their purchases outside of promotional periods...

• FlyOverPacificOcean said: Most hosting providers are unreliable. There are many quietly closed businesses, such as Alpharacks, WootHosting, NFPHosting, HostMyBytes, HiFormance, QuickClickHosting. I need each website to have a different IP address, and the telecommunications connection lines in different countries. Doing so is good for SEO and security.

It's shit for SEO and stop picking garbage hosts for 3 year prepayment and just pay if you want a non shit host

• Chievo said: Brasil people is doing lot of fraud as well?

Yes. The most massive and sofisticated fraud attempts was from BR in my experience. Credit card frauds in particular.

Thanked by 1Chievo
  • @LTniger said:

Chievo said: Brasil people is doing lot of fraud as well?

Yes. The most massive and sofisticated fraud attempts was from BR in my experience. Credit card frauds in particular.

You can choose to support Alipay's payment channels so that they will not be cheated

• In China I heard its called Red Friday, is that true?

• @hzr said:

FlyOverPacificOcean said: Most hosting providers are unreliable. There are many quietly closed businesses, such as Alpharacks, WootHosting, NFPHosting, HostMyBytes, HiFormance, QuickClickHosting. I need each website to have a different IP address, and the telecommunications connection lines in different countries. Doing so is good for SEO and security.

It's shit for SEO and stop picking garbage hosts for 3 year prepayment and just pay if you want a non shit host

It seems there are only some of these businesses

• edited November 2019

@tgl said:
    In China I heard its called Red Friday, is that true?

VPS Carnival, VPS Chinese called Little Hen, also called Little Hen Carnival

• FlyOverPacificOcean said: It seems there are only some of these businesses

wo cao, 贪小便宜吃大亏

• @hzr said:

FlyOverPacificOcean said: It seems there are only some of these businesses

wo cao, 贪小便宜吃大亏

Are you the administrator here? Are you Chinese?

• FlyOverPacificOcean said: Are you the administrator here? Are you Chinese?

No and no. I just learn Chinese to interact on hostloc and respond to angry PM on Lowendtalk.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Is that you @manish ???

Thanked by 2Tatsuyara vyas11
  • @dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

If China sucks so bad, why don't you just move to Australia or Canada or UK or even US? If you do, please leave your bad manners behind the wall.

How to say, I like to go to the United States or other places, but I always feel too unsafe.

I am also from china

@tgl said:

I am also Chinese, but Chinese VPS is not suitable for website. What can I do if broadband is too low? Expensive. Poor performance. I don't know what to do with VPS.

Still foreign VPS is good, high performance, broadband, suitable for website.

@FAT32 said:
    You. Have. To. Wait. Be patient. Just 2 days more. You have to understand that no one is obligated to provide you discounts.

Anyway, I would consider this as the calm before the storm, you will see deals coming out almost every hour during Black Friday weekend.

You mentioned that "We have a lot of money", but your behaviour seems to be the opposite. If you have a lot of money, what's the point for getting another $1/m discount?

I need cheap VPS to control website cost. I have more than 300 VPS. Many Chinese people like to buy cheap VPS. They call such Recurring Discount VPS "heirloom". Not that rich people don't like cheap VPS, China has a population of 1.5 billion, including those from overseas. Everyone needs several VPS to break the international network blockade of telecommunication operators.

You have to know that it ’s illegal for you to do this. In addition, it ’s because of you that the unscrupulous abuse of VPS results in IP being walled. Where do you make us buy like websites? Go buy and see that the provider said that it has been blocked by China, or it is not available to Chinese users. What do you want us to do?

• @starrydots said:

@tgl said:

I am also Chinese, but Chinese VPS is not suitable for website. What can I do if broadband is too low? Expensive. Poor performance. I don't know what to do with VPS.

Still foreign VPS is good, high performance, broadband, suitable for website.

You can use BT CN panel for fully automatic one-button operation

• @starrydots said:

@FAT32 said:
    You. Have. To. Wait. Be patient. Just 2 days more. You have to understand that no one is obligated to provide you discounts.

Anyway, I would consider this as the calm before the storm, you will see deals coming out almost every hour during Black Friday weekend.

You mentioned that "We have a lot of money", but your behaviour seems to be the opposite. If you have a lot of money, what's the point for getting another $1/m discount?

I need cheap VPS to control website cost. I have more than 300 VPS. Many Chinese people like to buy cheap VPS. They call such Recurring Discount VPS "heirloom". Not that rich people don't like cheap VPS, China has a population of 1.5 billion, including those from overseas. Everyone needs several VPS to break the international network blockade of telecommunication operators.

You have to know that it ’s illegal for you to do this. In addition, it ’s because of you that the unscrupulous abuse of VPS results in IP being walled. Where do you make us buy like websites? Go buy and see that the provider said that it has been blocked by China, or it is not available to Chinese users. What do you want us to do?

It is illegal to use a foreign VPS, then you can just leave it alone.

• starrydotsstarrydots Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

Indeed, cultural differences and language barriers do cause some trouble.

@FAT32 said:

你需要耐心一点,还有2天就是黑五了。你要知道没有任何一个主机商有义务给你折扣。

不管怎样,我觉得这是暴风雨前的宁静,在这个星期五到星期一你会看到大量的折扣涌出。

你说:“我们有很多钱”,但是你的行为却是恰恰相反的。如果你有很多钱,那你又何必在意那几刀的折扣?

Our country's English is not a native language but Chinese. I use Google Translate to communicate with you.Translators may add incomprehensible languages.

Please understand each other. In fact, China is not as bad as you think. It's just that cultural differences cause a lot of misunderstandings!

That's all I want to say, so far. I continue to enjoy the surprises brought to me by the LET provider.

This discussion has been closed.