Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the quieter it gets to Black Friday
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why the quieter it gets to Black Friday

Big manufacturers never offer offers on the Black Friday. Small manufacturers are not so good. Why are medium manufacturers quiet now? I come from China. Many Chinese people want offers. We have a lot of money, but no offers can buy!!

Comments

• How much do you have ?

Thanked by 3poisson Tatsuyara Ouji
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2019

You. Have. To. Wait. Be patient. Just 2 days more. You have to understand that no one is obligated to provide you discounts.

Anyway, I would consider this as the calm before the storm, you will see deals coming out almost every hour during Black Friday weekend.

You mentioned that "We have a lot of money", but your behaviour seems to be the opposite. If you have a lot of money, what's the point for getting another $1/m discount?

你需要耐心一点,还有2天就是黑五了。你要知道没有任何一个主机商有义务给你折扣。

不管怎样,我觉得这是暴风雨前的宁静,在这个星期五到星期一你会看到大量的折扣涌出。

你说:“我们有很多钱”,但是你的行为却是恰恰相反的。如果你有很多钱,那你又何必在意那几刀的折扣?

• edited November 2019

@FAT32 said:
    You. Have. To. Wait. Be patient. Just 2 days more. You have to understand that no one is obligated to provide you discounts.

Anyway, I would consider this as the calm before the storm, you will see deals coming out almost every hour during Black Friday weekend.

You mentioned that "We have a lot of money", but your behaviour seems to be the opposite. If you have a lot of money, what's the point for getting another $1/m discount?

I need cheap VPS to control website cost. I have more than 300 VPS. Many Chinese people like to buy cheap VPS. They call such Recurring Discount VPS "heirloom". Not that rich people don't like cheap VPS, China has a population of 1.5 billion, including those from overseas. Everyone needs several VPS to break the international network blockade of telecommunication operators.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited November 2019

No one needs anything. Did you just flag a mod's post?

• edited November 2019

@hzr said:
    No one needs anything. Did you just flag a mod's post?

The first time I came here, I clicked the Quote button and incorrectly clicked into "Flag" button

edited November 2019

@FlyOverPacificOcean said:
    I need cheap VPS to control website cost. I have more than 300 VPS. Many Chinese people like to buy cheap VPS. They call such Recurring Discount VPS "heirloom". Not that rich people don't like cheap VPS, China has a population of 1.5 billion, including those from overseas. Everyone needs several VPS to break the international network blockade of telecommunication operators.

I understand what do you mean by "heirloom" / legendary deal. But what is the meaning of legendary deal when everyone got one legendary deal? In addition, you do know that it is illegal to get around GFW? Please don't claim that "everyone" needs several VPS.

我明白你所谓的传家宝,但当每个人都有一个传家宝的时候,那传家宝还有什么意义?而且你知道翻墙是违法的吗?别说得15亿人都想要翻墙似的。

Thanked by 2cybertech Tatsuyara
  • @FlyOverPacificOcean be patient, it's 2 days away. Nobody gives a rat's ass that you "don't have time to wait until black friday" - do you believe you're special? Jesus Christmas.

• edited November 2019

@FAT32 said:

I understand what do you mean by "heirloom" / legendary deal. But what is the meaning of legendary deal when everyone got one legendary deal? In addition, you do know that it is illegal to get around GFW? Please don't claim that "everyone" needs several VPS.

How to survive without going over the wall, they blocked port 21 and could not connect to SSH

• @FAT32 Chinese is such a tonal language. I can totally imagine them saying in Chinese "we have a lot of money" and it doesn't sound offensive at all, but when it literally gets translated, it is really grating to most English speakers. There are some unreasonable Chinese folks, but OP seems more clueless about the language nuance than unreasonable.

@FlyOverPacificOcean I think that you should just be a bit patient. Also, it doesn't mean that if you have money, people will be lining up and begging for your money. Maybe this is unthinkable in China, but outside of China, many people will choose not to take your money if they think that you are going to cost them more time with problems. Time is also money.

• There are a handful of countries where people seem to honestly believe they are a king or a god because they have a couple of USD to spend, and that you must bow to them and beg. Fuck that. It doesn't work in the rest of the world like that. Such culture :-)

Thanked by 3poisson DP Tatsuyara
  • edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    There are a handful of countries where people seem to honestly believe they are a king or a god because they have a couple of USD to spend, and that you must bow to them and beg. Fuck that. It doesn't work in the rest of the world like that. Such culture :-)

You can’t speak like this, You should speak in a friendly tone

• @dahartigan said:
    There are a handful of countries where people seem to honestly believe they are a king or a god because they have a couple of USD to spend, and that you must bow to them and beg. Fuck that. It doesn't work in the rest of the world like that. Such culture :-)

I think there is quite a bit of cultural and language barrier between the PRC Chinese and the rest of the world. They definitely need to interact with the world outside to understand that money is not everything (which pretty much is almost everything in the PRC world). Otherwise, you won't see news like these: https://shanghai.ist/2019/10/19/man-pays-hitman-2-million-yuan-to-kill-competitor-gets-busted-after-job-is-passed-along-four-times/

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @FlyOverPacificOcean said:

@dahartigan said:

You can’t speak like this, you have to speak in a friendly tone

Wheres the money? If u do not represent 1.5B population of China or not rich peoples then I suggest u speak like one befitting your bargain hunting self

@dahartigan said:

@dahartigan I am laughing so hard at how the cultural nuances are totally going in parallel.

• ChievoChievo Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:

What is having lot of money? Millionaire or so ? Waiting for a discount for a VPS ? Be patient in 48 hours you would have lot of offers To spend your money

Thanked by 1opshk
    Everyone needs several VPS to break the international network blockade of telecommunication operators.

The link on this thread has been sent to the government of your country with all the information (IP, OS, browser) about you. You're breaking the law of your country right now. It's illegal.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I literally 'pfft' when I read this "We have a lot of money" :joy:

• @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

@dahartigan I am laughing so hard at how the cultural nuances are totally going in parallel.

Lol don't worry, the beauty isn't lost on me :-)

@FlyOverPacificOcean that's my friendly tone when dealing with impatient people such as yourself.

• @dahartigan said:
    @FlyOverPacificOcean be patient, it's 2 days away. Nobody gives a rat's ass that you "don't have time to wait until black friday" - do you believe you're special? Jesus Christmas.

Anyone has said Christmas ? Christmas offers in 3,2,1 ;)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited November 2019

Guys let's not stir this up. @poisson nailed it that this miscommunication is caused by a cultural difference.

@FlyOverPacificOcean You just have to be slightly more patient and you will get the deals you like in this upcoming Black Friday weekend :)

@FlyOverPacificOcean 希望您能耐心一点吧,再多2天就有很多便宜的小鸡出现了 :)

Thanked by 3colingpt Ouji bdl
  • Serious question. Would OP find sympathy if he posted this stupid thread on one of those "chinese forums" that I hear about?

Thanked by 2Chievo colingpt
  • @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

I think there is quite a bit of cultural and language barrier between the PRC Chinese and the rest of the world. They definitely need to interact with the world outside to understand that money is not everything (which pretty much is almost everything in the PRC world). Otherwise, you won't see news like these: https://shanghai.ist/2019/10/19/man-pays-hitman-2-million-yuan-to-kill-competitor-gets-busted-after-job-is-passed-along-four-times/

I have bought a lot of cheap VPSs, and many amazing businesses have published Black Friday offers. Many people have to do this. Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud, and Huawei Cloud have monopolized China ’s data centers. The Chinese cannot freely build Websites cannot access the Internet freely. I suggest you watch a movie "1984", it is illegal to breathe in this land.

• @thedp said:

I do a lot of English training for my PRC friends, and they literally translate, often resulting in faux pas.

What they could really mean when incorporating the tonal meaning in translation is this: "We are willing to pay for what we need" and not "We have a lot of money" :joy: :joy: :joy:

• @RedSox said:

Everyone needs several VPS to break the international network blockade of telecommunication operators.

The link on this thread has been sent to the government of your country with all the information (IP, OS, browser) about you. You're breaking the law of your country right now. It's illegal.

Do you know what "SB" means in China?

@poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

I have bought a lot of cheap VPSs, and many amazing businesses have published Black Friday offers. Many people have to do this. Alibaba Cloud, Tencent Cloud, and Huawei Cloud have monopolized China ’s data centers. The Chinese cannot freely build Websites cannot access the Internet freely. I suggest you watch a movie "1984", it is illegal to breathe in this land.

If China sucks so bad, why don't you just move to Australia or Canada or UK or even US? If you do, please leave your bad manners behind the wall.

• The entitlement is astounding.

• @dahartigan said:
    Serious question. Would OP find sympathy if he posted this stupid thread on one of those "chinese forums" that I hear about?

With the phrase : we have lot of money! it is going To rock it for sure. I have lot of money please give me a cheap VPS cheaper you know i have lot of money....

1) Having lot of money
    2) seeking a discount for a cheap VPS
    Please select 1 option only

Thanked by 2DP dahartigan
  • @poisson said:

@thedp said:

I do a lot of English training for my PRC friends, and they literally translate, often resulting in faux pas.

What they could really mean when incorporating the tonal meaning in translation is this: "We are willing to pay for what we need" and not "We have a lot of money" :joy: :joy: :joy:

My English is very poor, that's what I mean, thank you!

Thanked by 3uptime kkrajk Ouji
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited November 2019

I totally understand the Chinese media landscape. However, I think the more you talk, the more misunderstandings you will cause because of language barrier. As @FAT32 has said, be a bit patient and you will get what you need. There is no need to keep asking.

我完全理解大陆的媒体管控制度,但是因为你英语的不足,说多错多。就听@FAT32 的劝告吧,耐心一点,不需要追问。

Thanked by 2FAT32 Tatsuyara
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@poisson said:

@thedp said:

My English is very poor, that's what I mean, thank you!

Yes I understood @poisson 's explanation :)

It's all good.

This discussion has been closed.