Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best value KVM VPS under 3 and 5 EUR a month?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best value KVM VPS under 3 and 5 EUR a month?

manishmanish Member
edited November 2019 in Help

Requirements for 3 EUR:

Dedicated IPv4 + IPv6 /64
2GB or above RAM
Minimum of 25GB SSD or NVMe
Europe location

For 5 EUR:
Same as above with 4GB RAM minimum

Thanks!

Comments

• No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

• @cybertech What is your view on https://www.scaleway.com/en/virtual-instances/development/ 2.99 EUR / month one? How does it compare with this venocix that you shared? If we ignore the /64 IPv6 issue.

• @manish said:

No /64 IPv6 only 1 x IPv6, is it justified in 2019?

well it depends, is it justified for EUR 3 a mth, but u could check with them.
    Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

Why not scaleway @ 2.99, it is dual-core and offer in AMS / FR? Unless I need Finland for some reasons.

• @manish said:
    @cybertech What is your view on https://www.scaleway.com/en/virtual-instances/development/ 2.99 EUR / month one? How does it compare with this venocix that you shared? If we ignore the /64 IPv6 issue.

Did not try before. No PayPal no go.

• cybertech said: No PayPal no go.

Haha. But Paypal loots us a lot in India in conversion charges and fees. It is official loot company. Chargeback policy is what you love?

Thanked by 1kp93
  • @manish said:

cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

Why not scaleway @ 2.99, it is dual-core and offer in AMS / FR? Unless I need Finland for some reasons.

Do try and let me know how it goes

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@manish said:

cybertech said: No PayPal no go.

Haha. But Paypal loots us a lot in India in conversion charges and fees. It is official loot company. Chargeback policy is what you love?

Paypal may be Dr. Evil but effective difference works out to 3 or 3.5 rupees per dollar. Quite similar to credit card charges. With a new untested provider or service I wouldn’t try anything else till more providers start accepting Payoneer or Rupay.

My only faux pas was with getting a Hostdoc VPS- my fault totally, I opted to pay the invoice in INR, original was in GBP. PP double charged, thankfully low amount transaction and annual plan. So the 16 GBP plan actually ended up costing 17.5, plus PP fees plus conversion charges. I jokingly complained to Hostdoc Customer service- admitting it was my fault, they took it in right spirit.

Coming to your requirement obvious answer is to wait till BF. The @PHP_Friends deal was awesome but now OOS actually lower than your 5 Eur cap.

@Hostdoc DE2/DE3 plan the FR Plan seems OOS.

You might want to check with @HostSlick here

od @SmartHost here

Or @seriesn - Thursday special though on LET that may actually get posted in Sunday?

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

We will have a offer for Black Friday :)

Thanked by 3vimalware netfox kkrajk
  • @PHP_Friends said:

This is sounding intriguing. I am going to have to voluntarily cut my internet access for that entire week, or I will have idling VPSes but no money to pay my ISP to administer them.

Thanked by 1eingress
  • @PHP_Friends said:

Where will I find those? What is your website?

• @vyas11 Did you try with Scaleway ever? I believe their offer for dual-core VPS @ 2.99 is best.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2019

@vyas11 said:

@manish said:

>

Is PayPal really that much worse? I tallied up the forex charges and igst charges that show up a separate line items when I pay my larger euro invoices with a visa CC.

The effective rate per euro seemed very close between CC and PayPal (single line item in CC statement)

I would swap a couple of invoices back to CC if it saves me $3-5 per month.

Thanked by 2vyas11 kp93
  • chocolateshirt said: Sold out..

iSad :( So much good offer.

• @manish said:

chocolateshirt said: Sold out..

iSad :( So much good offer.

IMHO, keep your money for now, after 2 weeks there are tons of good offers posted here or hostballs..

• @vimalware said:

@vyas11 said:

@manish said:

>

Is PayPal really that much worse? I tallied up the forex charges and igst charges that show up a separate line items when I pay my larger euro invoices with a visa CC.

The effective rate per euro seemed very close between CC and PayPal (single line item in CC statement)

I would swap a couple of invoices back to CC if it saves me $3-5 per month.

Precisely. Minor difference in PP versus cc at sub20 usd/month level

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2019

When paying via PayPal there's an option to use issuing bank's exchange rate instead of PayPal. That should be same or close I don't know about India though. It's not about charge back but about general consumer protection in case things go south

• or go directly with scaleway as you obviously already compare everything to it only looking at the price. no, I have not used them recently. I consider their service mediocre or below. 200 MBit is a deal stopper, so is single disk. and onlines network tends to be congested at prime time... however somehow my guess is you'll need to make your own experiences...

Thanked by 3vyas11 ITLabs uptime
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

Scaleway no-a-way for me

@manish if you are happy with “the best” then recommendations in this thread are of little to no use to you. Good luck with your choice.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2019

Scaleway Epycs are less than overwhelming.
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/455859

I/O is also on the low side.
    Network is not limited right now (shared 1 or 2.5Gbit afaict) and comes with crappy peering.

Not really worth it.

Thanked by 3Falzo uptime angelius
  • @manish said:

cybertech said: Otherwise Hetzner is good value at 20GB NVMe , EUR 2,49

Base on my experience, their cores is arm and most my scripts need editing. Also they always out of stock.
    My only use case in the past is install rclone to clone TBs ISOs between different google drive.

• @manish said:
    @vyas11 Did you try with Scaleway ever? I believe their offer for dual-core VPS @ 2.99 is best.

Just go with Scaleway because you seem to be obsessed with price

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Has anybody mentioned Scaleway yet?

• @uptime said:
    Has anybody mentioned Scaleway yet?

Who? Hetzner!

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@manish - I notice your request does not seem to have yielded very many good suggestions.

If your budget is really capped at €5/month then I would suggest considering slightly more modest specs in order to get verifiable quality from any number of decent providers such as Hetzner, First-Root, CrownCloud, UltraVPS.eu, AlphaVPS.bg, Liteserver.nl, InceptionHosting, HostDoc, wishosting (and so on)

Otherwise ... maybe just not all that much on the lowend landscape other than scaleway and scammers (generally speaking, with occasional exceptions) - unless Black Friday comes early ...

If I might ask - what is your intended use for the server(s) ?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2019

@manish - I notice your request does not seem to have yielded very many good suggestions.

If your budget is really capped at €5/month then I would suggest considering slightly more modest specs in order to get verifiable quality from any number of decent providers such as Hetzner, First-Root, CrownCloud, UltraVPS.eu, AlphaVPS.bg, Liteserver.nl, InceptionHosting, HostDoc, wishosting (and so on)

Otherwise ... maybe just not all that much on the lowend landscape other than scaleway and scammers (generally speaking, with occasional exceptions) - unless Black Friday comes early ...

If I might ask - what is your intended use for the server(s) ?

EDIT2:

if you can up your budgie just a bit to £4.49/month (about €5.21) then you may find some nice deals such as the 4 GB ram + 30 GB ssd + 4 shared vcores @ 4 GHz in Germany currently on HostDoc's flash sale page: https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing

And if you can live without IPv6 then wishosting's $5.99/month (about €5.40) "KVM SSD" in France is a good deal with 6 GB ram + 60 GB ssd: https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

Also might keep an eye on nexusbytes (@seriesn) who recently had a sizzling deal for a 2GB ram + 20 GB ssd + 2 fast vcores in Germany at $3.25/month - would suggest to look for them on Hostballs tomorrow (just in case they might be doing their megadeal Thursday thing again there)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@uptime said:

So the list can go on but a moot point, bro

Unfortunately the content says 3-5 Euros but intent is capped at 2.99 Scaleway. Here's a competitor to the Scaleway offer - dated, but should interest OP {{LEB link alert}}

My second bro of the day title goes to @uptime who keeps posting these great links/ resources.

Thanked by 3angstrom uptime ITLabs