Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage KVM-Romania-1gbps-DDos protection included-Start from 1.66 eur/1tb limited offer - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage KVM-Romania-1gbps-DDos protection included-Start from 1.66 eur/1tb limited offer

Comments

• @cociu said:

cociu said: i know the case , i have propose to move you to a kvm some days ago .. so today i will put Adrian to move this vps.

The case with openvz is .. the people do not follow what i write about update/upgrade etc ... so shit happen.

I've always suspected most of the problems are due to that

• @cociu said:

triaqu said: Hi. @cociu My 1TB VPS down 30 days with only 1 reply and it still Not able to Start VPS command 'systemctl start pve-container@115' failed: exit code 1.

i know the case , i have propose to move you to a kvm some days ago .. so today i will put Adrian to move this vps.

Thanks.
    Wish colud solve these problems with tickets further.

• I paid for three years of the last storage deal and honestly don't expect much of anything. Kinda just donating to the cause and lore of this thread, I'll torrent a bit on it but for $1.38 month, not exactly a big loss

• @king8654 said:
    I paid for three years of the last storage deal and honestly don't expect much of anything. Kinda just donating to the cause and lore of this thread, I'll torrent a bit on it but for $1.38 month, not exactly a big loss

pretty much the same reason i got one, its been reasonably stable so far.

• king8654king8654 Member
    edited November 2019

@sjkme said:

@king8654 said:
    I paid for three years of the last storage deal and honestly don't expect much of anything. Kinda just donating to the cause and lore of this thread, I'll torrent a bit on it but for $1.38 month, not exactly a big loss

Had some ssh issues last week, after reinstalling os the server load was >4 and could not update packages or run any commands for the night, got the system information disabled error upon console login. Was weird since cpu usage was under 10-20%. Haven’t had time to check since then, I’ll prob look at it this Thursday on day off. Considering sshfs the drive into my smarthost vps I grabbed few weeks ago to transcode but not sure about the peering.

• I love you @cociu - you know why.

• @king8654 said:

@sjkme said:

@king8654 said:

Had some ssh issues last week, after reinstalling os the server load was >4 and could not update packages or run any commands for the night, got the system information disabled error upon console login. Was weird since cpu usage was under 10-20%. Haven’t had time to check since then, I’ll prob look at it this Thursday on day off. Considering sshfs the drive into my smarthost vps I grabbed few weeks ago to transcode but not sure about the peering.

ya peering isn't great, been using mine as sshfs storage for my plex server in EU, upload speeds from the server have been a bit erratic.

• @dahartigan said:
    I love you @cociu - you know why.

can the rest of us know why?

• @sjkme said:

@dahartigan said:

You already know

• @cociu can you check this ticket 859930. Reinstalled with Ubuntu and unable to connect thereafter.

• @dahartigan said:

@sjkme said:

@dahartigan said:

You already know

Cause he took your "unwanted" sister? :lol:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @somik said:

i knew it had to be sisters related.. :smile:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @sjkme said:

@somik said:

i knew it had to be sisters related.. :smile:

Plot twist! @dahartigan was the sister!

Thanked by 2dahartigan vyas11
  • I don't know what the issue is with the cheap storage servers @cociu was offering two weeks back. I have been running benches almost every day at different times and logging the information. Nothing seems particularly amiss. I will release the data after another week or two.

• @poisson said:
    I don't know what the issue is with the cheap storage servers @cociu was offering two weeks back. I have been running benches almost every day at different times and logging the information. Nothing seems particularly amiss. I will release the data after another week or two.

My box was extremely slow for the first week but I guess that was expected since everyone was probably transferring their data over.

It’s better atm, but now and then it slows down to a crawl.

• @sjkme said:

@poisson said:
    I don't know what the issue is with the cheap storage servers @cociu was offering two weeks back. I have been running benches almost every day at different times and logging the information. Nothing seems particularly amiss. I will release the data after another week or two.

My box was extremely slow for the first week but I guess that was expected since everyone was probably transferring their data over.

I suspect when a few people are torrenting at the same time without properly configuring their client, others will experience problems.

• @poisson said:

@sjkme said:

@poisson said:

I suspect when a few people are torrenting at the same time without properly configuring their client, others will experience problems.

disk io is ok right now, but write drops to 25-40 / read 50-70 (randomly)

Disk Speed Tests:

| Test 1      | Test 2      | Test 3      | Avg        
       |             |             |             |            

Write | 73.40 MB/s | 77.80 MB/s | 60.70 MB/s | 70.63 MB/s
    Read | 357.63 MB/s | 361.05 MB/s | 377.82 MB/s | 365.50 MB/s

the users running seedbox's on 512mb ram are no doubt killing the disk io performance.

• sjkme said: the users running seedbox's on 512mb ram are no doubt killing the disk io performance.

we have limit some of them and still working in this, some people is think all node is for him ...

• @cociu said:

sjkme said: the users running seedbox's on 512mb ram are no doubt killing the disk io performance.

we have limit some of them and still working in this, some people is think all node is for him ...

when it re-stock,with discount ..!!??

• 2TB HDD
    CPU 2vCore
    1 Dedicated IP
    2GB ECC RAM
    Full Root Access
    Multiple 32/64 bit OS
    15TB Traffic/Month
    1 Gbps Port

kvm60% will be €57.60EUR /year

• sjkmesjkme Member
    edited November 2019

personally i would love a storage monster from @cociu 4tb/8tb, single core, 512mb ram, monthly price

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • sjkme said: It’s better atm, but now and then it slows down to a crawl.

Must be when poisson is running benches...

Thanked by 2skorous poisson
  • @cociu Public torrents allowed?

• @plumberg said:
    @cociu Public torrents allowed?

I've yet to hear a complaint. ;)

• Pay your torrent tax to cociu and you can enjoy undisturbed torrenting. Better value than a VPN only service imo :-)

Thanked by 3DP plumberg poisson
  • @jsg said:

@ps20090 said:

@jsg said:
    FWIW, done about 15 min. ago on a HS storage VPS:

What script is that? send me link also, thanks

Not a script but a benchmark program. link in my sig.

@ps20090

Did you ever run jsg's benchmark app on any of your servers? If yes, did the numbers seem as expected or were they nonsensical? For the Linux servers I ran it on, the disk numbers made no sense at all.

• @willie said:

sjkme said: It’s better atm, but now and then it slows down to a crawl.

I run my benches at random times once a day.. he must be really lucky, or he's the one raping the disks non-stop that's why my benches affected his boxes.

• @schilton said:

@cociu said:

sjkme said: the users running seedbox's on 512mb ram are no doubt killing the disk io performance.

when it re-stock,with discount ..!!??

Read the entire original thread. If the answer is there, we are not going to answer you because you are lazy.

• @cociu said:

Thanks for the proactive monitoring. I see some improvements from the first week, so far I consider the performance great value.

• sjkmesjkme Member
    edited November 2019

@willie said:

sjkme said: It’s better atm, but now and then it slows down to a crawl.

I run my benches at random times once a day.. he must be really lucky, or he's the one raping the disks non-stop that's why my benches affected his boxes.

@poisson @willie

I rarely use the server resources since I finished moving my data, mostly just idles. heres my disk io graph for the week: