Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time! - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Los Angeles NVMe + Block Storage 3TB $7 limited time!

Comments

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

@sanvit said:

@dahartigan said:
    If anyone wants to take over this, PM me.

6TB block storage
    4 cores
    10GB memory
    40GB nvme
    10TB bandwidth
    Potassium deal of the century

$17 paid monthly, due for renewal on the 23rd of November 2019

May I ask you why you're canceling it?

Sure, it's competing for funds that google drive needs. I'm super OCD about keeping my toy plex setup as minimally priced as possible. It pains me, it is storage deal of the century. CPU is strong on plow, IO is great, network is fast and it is in LA.

Must go to a good home :-)

Edit: this isn't a provider divorce, I still have a SB1, for an unrelated project :-)

Thanked by 3sanvit poisson Chronic
  • @dahartigan said:

@sanvit said:

@dahartigan said:

6TB block storage
    4 cores
    10GB memory
    40GB nvme
    10TB bandwidth

Sure, it's competing for funds that google drive needs. I'm super OCD about keeping my toy plex setup as minimally priced as possible. It pains me, it is storage deal of the century. CPU is strong on plow, IO is great, network is fast and it is in LA.

Edit: this isn't a provider divorce, I still have a SB1, for an unrelated project :-)

Yea project directions change so if it can be useful to someone else, why not let someone else take it to make good use of it?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Hope someone else's project changes for SB1 as well

Thanked by 1DP
  • @poisson said:

@dahartigan said:

@sanvit said:

@dahartigan said:

6TB block storage
    4 cores
    10GB memory
    40GB nvme
    10TB bandwidth

Yea project directions change so if it can be useful to someone else, why not let someone else take it to make good use of it?

Exactly, and if it means a renewal for key900 and a chance for someone to grab the most insane storage deal since sys arm then even better.

• Exactly my thoughts but I am fighting a ridiculous battle with another provider's support over transfer of promotional storage service. I am considering making the entire exchange public after I am done because I really think they have exhibited horrendous customer service.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

@poisson said:
    Exactly my thoughts but I am fighting a ridiculous battle with another provider's support over transfer of promotional storage service. I am considering making the entire exchange public after I am done because I really think they have exhibited horrendous customer service.

That doesn't sound good.. I hope it all works out for you, I know how frustrating it can be dealing with support who don't seem to want to help!

PM me if you want to elaborate privately.

• @dahartigan said:

@poisson said:
    Exactly my thoughts but I am fighting a ridiculous battle with another provider's support over transfer of promotional storage service. I am considering making the entire exchange public after I am done because I really think they have exhibited horrendous customer service.

That doesn't sound good.. I hope it all works out for you, I know how frustrating it can be dealing with support who don't seem to want to help!

PM me if you want to elaborate privately.

Thanks for the offer! I am not losing sleep over it, just that I am unpleasantly surprised by the response to a bona fide transfer request. I am mulling over how to handle it when the process is complete but suffice to say that I have revised my opinion of the provider quite a bit.

• @poisson said:

but suffice to say that I have revised my opinion of the provider quite a bit.

Is that a yay or nay (or semi yay versus semi nay?)

• @vyas11 said:

@poisson said:

but suffice to say that I have revised my opinion of the provider quite a bit.

Is that a yay or nay (or semi yay versus semi nay?)

Hardware is great, but "heartware" wise, I will go with another provider if the other provider provides the same hardware.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Is there a specific process to transfer this to someone else?

• Initially it was a yes, just provide the account and pay a small fee. Then it became "oh there are compliance issues" and after several back and forth about "compliance" which basically skirted around what that actually means (the entire conversation seems to be about them being concerned about "reselling" promotional services but I already explained clearly that I am consolidating my servers and am keeping one service with them but I have no need for the other and would like to let someone else benefit), said provider finally said ok as long as there's "proof of transaction" between myself and the other party (basically wants screenshot of monetary transactions if any). The entire thing just smacks of them suspecting a customer of trying to rip them off.

• Ah, if there's transfer fees involved I'll just let it die off then.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Ah, if there's transfer fees involved I'll just let it die off then.

I don't think the experience @poisson is referring to is with Letbox (?)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @bdl said:
    I don't think the experience @poisson is referring to is with Letbox (?)

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not referring to Letbox. I am referring to another provider.

They eventually agreed but the entire process was very unpleasant because they are not losing money with the transfer, so I don't know what they are so upset about. They specifically mentioned that they didn't want to allow transfers for promotional services (which makes no sense because it makes no difference to them whether I renew the promotional service or the other party renews it as the provider has done the math and already committed to providing the service as long as the provider continues to operate).

If they were concerned about the other party I am transferring to being fraudulent, I pointed out to them that they could always verify that account using their fraud check system before allowing the transfer and they had no response to that. So, I still don't get why they have to make the process needlessly painful other than the fact that they are concerned that I am trying to resell their promotional service for profit. I don't really think suspecting your customer like this is right. Letbox doesn't do this to their customers. Neither does Virmach or OVH.

Thanked by 2bdl dahartigan
  • If anyone's got one of these 3tb things that's idling so much they'd be willing to transfer it, please DM me. I can idle it slightly less idly.

• @key900 - when you eventually re-stock storage, is it possible to increase the storage of the 3TB plan beyond 4TB?

• @bdl said:
    @key900 - when you eventually re-stock storage, is it possible to increase the storage of the 3TB plan beyond 4TB?

i think, no plan,, as he is rich & settled, and travelling in private jet to europe @key900

• @schilton said:

@bdl said:
    @key900 - when you eventually re-stock storage, is it possible to increase the storage of the 3TB plan beyond 4TB?

i think, no plan,, as he is rich & settled, and travelling in private jet to europe @key900

Selling storage plans to host solutions? 😁

Thanked by 1schilton
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@bdl said:

More than 4tb will be available as soon as we will upgrade from Proxmox 5 to 6 as we mentioned before and the stock will be available for 3tb/4tb soon maybe we will have few in BF but it just Maybe!?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @key900 said:

@bdl said:

More than 4tb will be available as soon as we will upgrade from Proxmox 5 to 6 as we mentioned before and the stock will be available for 3tb/4tb soon maybe we will have few in BF but it just Maybe!?

Looking forward to BF!

• @poisson said:
    so I don't know what they are so upset about. They specifically mentioned that they didn't want to allow transfers for promotional services.

This is not that uncommon.
    Providers I like, do this too.
    There are costs associated with verifying and onboarding a new client for small providers.
    I've just let the inventory drop in the past.

One can always pick up a new promo in November/December if necessary.

• @vimalware said:
    This is not that uncommon.
    Providers I like, do this too.
    There are costs associated with verifying and onboarding a new client for small providers.
    I've just let the inventory drop in the past.

One can always pick up a new promo in November/December if necessary.

Well, this is a provider I liked (note the past tense) and they are not a small provider.

• @dahartigan said:

6TB block storage
    4 cores
    10GB memory
    40GB nvme
    10TB bandwidth

How the fuck did you get 6TB

• @edfox said:

@dahartigan said:

6TB block storage
    4 cores
    10GB memory
    40GB nvme
    10TB bandwidth

How the fuck did you get 6TB

I purchased 2 and combined them, fuckin'.

Btw it is gone. Transferred to new owner :-) enjoy @Trav

Thanked by 1Trav
  • anybody would like to sell or combined to me ? please pm

• @r1z said:
    anybody would like to sell or combined to me ? please pm

You just need the storage or need Nvme too?

• @r1z said:
    anybody would like to sell or combined to me ? please pm

@r1z you PM'd me thinking I was letbox. I'm going to post it here.

Thanked by 2vimalware nulldev
  • The cultural faux pax..

Thanked by 2dahartigan vimalware
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dahartigan If that's what you got from him then I feel sorry for @key900 :joy:

• @thedp said:
    @dahartigan If that's what you got from him then I feel sorry for @key900 :joy:

@key900 gets like 20x this every day.. it's amazing that he still hasn't gotten aneurysms yet

Thanked by 1dahartigan