Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was caught spamming! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I was caught spamming!

Comments

• Why does this guy need to use mxroute... when he hosts the "GST CRM Portal for all Banks in India"

https://www.needsomeit.com/portfolio

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

AlyssaD said: Why does this guy need to use mxroute... when he hosts the "GST CRM Portal for all Banks in India"

Because he is full of shit and 11.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Because to make the millions, you must cheap out on infrastructure.

That's the hallmark of idiots.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

Does this mean you will stop posting and pay the charge now?

I’m starting to root for that outcome at this point.

• @Winne said:

@subhojitdutta said:

jar said: Apologies, I thought you said you would delete your account if I could prove that I responded to you. Responding to a thread that you made and offering an explanation satisfies this. I wasn't aware that you would just move the goal posts, or I wouldn't have responded. Thanks for clarifying that.

Finally I get a reply from you. That's so great. You go so ahead in customer service, dont you fella. This is sad. There'll be a consequence to all this arrogance and I hope your business does well in the future.

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

Do you need a lowend lawyer ?

7$

@uptime At this point I am not really sure what would've been an appropriate amount tbh.

Thanked by 1uptime

• @Ympker said:

@Winne said:

@subhojitdutta said:

jar said: Apologies, I thought you said you would delete your account if I could prove that I responded to you. Responding to a thread that you made and offering an explanation satisfies this. I wasn't aware that you would just move the goal posts, or I wouldn't have responded. Thanks for clarifying that.

Finally I get a reply from you. That's so great. You go so ahead in customer service, dont you fella. This is sad. There'll be a consequence to all this arrogance and I hope your business does well in the future.

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

Do you need a lowend lawyer ?

7$

@uptime At this point I am not really sure what would've been an appropriate amount tbh.

20% of what you negotiate Jar down from sounds about right.

• AlyssaD said: Why does this guy need to use mxroute... when he hosts the "GST CRM Portal for all Banks in India"

https://www.needsomeit.com/portfolio

I had truly heard good things from LET about @Jar. How is bashing me and my company here going to help? Neither have I offered my services nor have I shunned my customers here. This is explicitly why i did not want to take this public, but there was no alternative offered to me. I dont understand how this is acceptable to so many here. It just baffles me that this place which was once so great has now become so devoid of humility barring some.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2019

It was already paid and I’m sure it’ll end in chargeback, and I’ll give the bank all of the information about it. They tend to not appreciate claims of fraudulent charges by customers who agreed to the charges, as that in itself is a fraudulent claim. However, I have funds set aside for just this.

Fortunately this thread serves as extra evidence for the bank that the customer agreed to this policy on signup and admits to the reason for the charges. I’ve archived the thread to use in the dispute: http://archive.is/neibA

I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything, it costs a lot of money to toss out a /24 for a while, which I’m almost ready to do for a cool down period.

DIdn't OP say he's quit if Jar replied to him directly in any manner?

What the Jar is going on?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited September 2019

subhojitdutta said: @jar as can be clearly understood that they are legitmiate clients and the lists are handwritten by my clients hence the errors. Everything is not automated here in India. There are bound to be mistakes while writing them by hand. How is it justification enough to ban and charge such humongous amounts?

This is by definition spam then. When I sign up for a mailing list in person in a store, they type it in and send a confirmation to click before they start emailing me...

subhojitdutta said: It just baffles me that this place which was once so great has now become so devoid of humility barring some.

People here dislike spammers.

1) You sent bulk mail.
    2) You sent bulk mail to a non-double or triple opt in list.
    3) You sent commercial bulk mail.
    4) You have emails that aren't valid, which by definition makes it bulk and unsolicited.

This is the nicest way I can explain things. There is no excuse of "they are hand entered" or "it's not the way things work in india". You agreed to the penalty for doing this yourself in a contract. Then you immediately went and broke the contract. Based on what you post here you know exactly what you did and you know the definition of double opt in. Why do it?

subhojitdutta said: There are bound to be mistakes while writing them by hand.

This means your list is a violation and not permitted to be sent to without opt in verification first, because you can simply write someone else's email that does not want it.

Thanked by 2jar uptime
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@subhojitdutta I am not certain why Anthony has not banned you yet ... perhaps everyone is enjoying watching you stick your foot in your mouth further, beats me.

What I am certain of is that you are not being honest here. You have stated more than once that you were banned from MXroute Slack before you could make contact and offered any explanation. This is patently false as you well know. Want to see the screen shot showing your dishonesty? Do yourself a favor and move on ... learn your lesson and do not do it again. Oh, and be thankful that @Jar hasn't sent your details to FraudRecord.com. Once that happens you will be shunned by many providers.

And again @jar for protecting your network and by extension MY clients!

Thanked by 1jar
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

alento said: I am not certain why Anthony has not banned you yet

Becasue I have not been an admin for about a year now :D

If I was admin I would have just banned him immediately tbh, no questions, no smoking gun needed, just common sense.

edited September 2019

It's good that @Ant is no longer an admin because he would have banned me eventually as well.

Thanked by 1imok
  • Hm, it is very dangerous to charge spammers. One day they can pay from the bad bad credit card.

• @deank said:
    It's good that @Ant[man] is no longer an admin because he would have banned me eventually as well.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited September 2019

@LTniger said:
    Hm, it is very dangerous to charge spammers. One day they can pay from the bad bad credit card.

That’s the benefit of manual, human review. I seem to have not failed at it today or he wouldn’t be threatening s fraudulent chargeback.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
    edited September 2019

jar 1:07PM

If I refund it my condition is this: That you not seek to edit your original posts, have the thread deleted, or anything of the sort. I’m not interested in the $639. I’m interested in the negative publicity with anyone who might do the same.

subhojitduttasubhojitdutta 1:10PM

OK. I will not make any changes. Please do the needful.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
    edited September 2019

lol, pure brutality, @JarLard.

You raped him, virtually.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

Doomed to wander forever in LET's lands

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well the op has been banned and title changed to reflect accurately.

I get a feeling that OP PMSed hard to get the money back, lol.

• At the risk of topic hijacking, a practical question:

People register on my website, by entering an email address.
    Then, they get a confirmation link, to the entered email address.

Only after they click on the confirmation link and enter a new password (and confirm it) they are subscribed and the account is valid.
    This guarantees they have entered a valid email that they are in control of.

Question 1:
    If I send any sort of information emails to those subscribers (with an unsubscribe option), would that be considered spam?

Question 2:
    For marketing emails, would I have to use the same procedure, only stating clearly that they are subscribing to a marketing list - for receiving offers etc?

Question 3:
    Can list explained in question 1 be used to send emails for opt-in subscription to a marketing email list?

Thanked by 1NANO
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2019

I like how this guy claims all the time 'list is old'. I guess he never ever cleaned it. Mails were bouncing for years, but that is not a problem :-D

Also straight out banning from support seems little harsh. Just automatically put lowest possible prio on his tickets, but totally cutting off is kinda crazy.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • More whining, and noise, is this really what people do now instead of owning up to mistakes and problems?

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@bikegremlin said:
    At the risk of topic hijacking, a practical question:

People register on my website, by entering an email address.
    Then, they get a confirmation link, to the entered email address.

Only after they click on the confirmation link and enter a new password (and confirm it) they are subscribed and the account is valid.
    This guarantees they have entered a valid email that they are in control of.

Question 1:
    If I send any sort of information emails to those subscribers (with an unsubscribe option), would that be considered spam?

Question 2:
    For marketing emails, would I have to use the same procedure, only stating clearly that they are subscribing to a marketing list - for receiving offers etc?

Question 3:
    Can list explained in question 1 be used to send emails for opt-in subscription to a marketing email list?

If this answers;

It’s expected that people will sign up with fake emails and you’ll send them an email to verify. The only thing that should never happen is that you send out an email campaign to a list with addresses that were not confirmed in that way. I’ll never fail to see the difference between a verification email and a campaign. Even a flood of bad verification emails I would recognize as unintentional and handle it accordingly.

edited September 2019

@bikegremlin said:
    Oi, I am someone

That's spam unless the person signed up specifically to receive emails. Verification mail is okay.

Or have some tickbox stating that they will receive emails.

Make sure that your emails have an opt-out link. A WORKING ONE. Seen so many cases where opt-out link is non-functional.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin

@JabJab said:
    I like how this guy claims all the time 'list is old'. I guess he never ever cleaned it. Mails were bouncing for years, but that is not a problem :-D

Also straight out banning from support seems little harsh. Just automatically put lowest possible prio on his tickets, but totally cutting off is kinda crazy.

You might feel differently in my shoes.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited September 2019

bikegremlin said: If I send any sort of information emails to those subscribers (with an unsubscribe option), would that be considered spam?

I anal, but from what I've seen at a large tech co, legal would be upset with you for sending any kind of promotional information in a non-marketing email - there were layers of reviewing even things like "sorry about downtime, here is a credit" because it might seem "promotioney or implying a sale/offer"

People that opt out of marketing should still get technical password resets/etc, and those were not to contain any form of promotional material

• bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

So if I signup for MXRoute service and I have the bad luck that in the first days an email account it's compromised or a script is vulnerable and exploited I would be billed with 1$/email sent and all communication stopped? $500/$1000 cost for a $50/year service?

Ok, maybe the OP it's a spammer but with some "luck" this could happen to others, no?

Thanked by 2kkrajk NANO