Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was caught spamming! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I was caught spamming!

Comments

• AnthonySmith said: needsomeit.com is a SCAM, A SPAMMER MUST BE A SCAM, NEVER SUCH FRAUD.

https://www.needsomeit.com

www.needsomeit.com

Tectrix Host is a scam fraud spam sender.

That about sums up how I feel about these outrage its never my fault until it is posts.

That was not required. I had rescinded the SCAM comments. Also I had explicitly written I "think" it is a SCAM since there was no response whatsoever after money was deducted. Thats how SCAMS work, isnt it?

jar said: That's not possible. You indicated that you knew the reason for the invoice, which you couldn't access in WHMCS. That means you received my emails, therefore you did receive an explanation.

"Your account has been terminated for actively and intentionally engaging in the sending of unsolicited marketing emails. This is not a mistake and the information has been verified fully, there will be no exceptions. "

This is all I recieved.

Does not make an explanation. An explanation would be the one you posted that the emails had messed up domains etc. But then again all I want to know is there any recourse @jar .

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

subhojitdutta said: Its when i was shunned, I got frustrated and lashed out here.

Grow up, get out.

• @subhojitdutta said:
    is there any recourse

that's a good question.

How do you intend to repair the damage you have done?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@subhojitdutta said:
    That was not required. I had rescinded the SCAM comments. Also I had explicitly written I "think" it is a SCAM since there was no response whatsoever after money was deducted. Thats how SCAMS work, isnt it?

You keep stating no response but it seems clear that there were some responses because you seem to know why you are getting the boot.

So, no, at this point, I do not believe you.

Additionally, deleting the scam remark no longer works once you get it out there for the world to see and then deleting it.
    It's like one of those Twitter rants. Just because you delete the twitter post, it doesn't mean it magically disappears because people saw it.

• AnthonySmith said: When your sentence structure is blah blah I agree, BUT, you are always in the wrong, simple.

Good bye account.

So everything in here is all about binaries, I guess. I had explicitly mentioned in my introductory post that they are freelancers and the list is age-old, had I not?

Good Sir, why must you be hostile to everyone?
    I am but highlighting a flawed instance of an innocent man going to jail here.

All that matters is that the email list should be verified. Then a suspension mail could have been sent and then we could have wound up with a recourse.

I repeat, I had just opened the account and had sent out mails to just 1 list of 2.5k people and BAM! I was banned with no way to explain myself. This is the core of my objection.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2019

You risked the entire ASN (to spamlists) at worst with ur badly filtered email list and high bounce rate. Theres a lot of other customers there too that will suffer cause of it.

• Rejoice, @jar now joined your IDGAF Group. You see, it isn't all that bad.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @subhojitdutta said:
    I repeat, I had just opened the account and had sent out mails to just 1 list of 2.5k people and BAM!..

Therein lies the crux of the matter; any sane/sensible person would run a small test first, if from a legitimate source.

• subhojitdutta said: the lists are handwritten by my clients hence the errors

if you send mail to non existing addresses again and again without noticing it, it means that you dont maintain your list (bounces!!) - which will hurt the mail-providers reputation badly - and that of his other clients

you really shouldnt do bulk mailing.

• deank said: You keep stating no response but it seems clear that there were some responses because you seem to know why you are getting the boot.

If @jar can prove that he has responded to me directly, I will myself delete my account from here and never come back.

THE COMPLETE TIMELINE is as follows:-

-Got Mail: Account Terminated for "unsolicitated mails".
    -Tried to open Support Ticket: Banned from WHMCS
    -Tried to contact via portal. Banned
    -Tried to reach on slack. Banned

How is this reaching our and responding?

• Just setup your own email server at colocrossing and move on.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2019

@stefeman said:
    You risked the entire ASN (to spamlists) at worst with ur badly filtered email list and high bounce rate. Theres a lot of other customers there too that will suffer cause of it.

Agree that the 621 USD charge is a bit steep in that regard. Of course if @jar hadn't such a formidable abuse system in place the damage could have very well ruined it for everyone. Cases like this are hard to judge. Surely the OP is in the wrong here since whatever he did has triggered the abuse system but I'd argue the charge is still a bit high. I am happy to see OP actually got an explanation from Jarland though, because it would've been alerting if he hadn't. That isn't how Jarland handles things. Glad my worries had been for naught ;)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @subhojitdutta said:
    So everything in here is all about binaries, I guess. I had explicitly mentioned in my introductory post that they are freelancers and the list is age-old, had I not?

For how long have you been providing email marketing services? Before MXRoute, who was your service provider? Have you never monitored bounce rates with your previous providers?

• subhojitduttasubhojitdutta Member
    edited September 2019

@jar said:

subhojitdutta said: If @jar can prove that he has responded to me directly, I will myself delete my account from here and never come back

https://community.mxroute.com/t/account-terminated-for-unsolicited-marketing-mails/372/2

BANNED FROM THIS PLACE

Its not a direct reply. Its a discussion, you still have responded to one thing I have said. You are just referring to me in 3rd person.

Ympker said: Agree that the 621 USD charge is a bit steep in that regard

There will never be a moment where a legitimate customer has to fear this. This is the agreed to policy, but I added a side note that is linked in that policy:

Intentional spam is not difficult to determine, and it is not subjective. There will not be room for doubt or false positives in making this determination. While we cannot tell you how we determine it, as this would inform spammers on how to work around our policy, we can tell you that you are not at risk for being falsely identified of this through a compromised password or web application. To be labeled as an intentional spammer, you absolutely must be a spammer who is intentionally sending unsolicited marketing email.

I see compromised accounts, accidents, and even bad decisions from otherwise good customers all of the time. Nothing else is equivalent to using a subdomain that indicates the intent to send a marketing mailing list, then sending one within the first 24 hours of signing up which does not comply with the standards required to not be considered spam. No one should ever worry about that except for people that I want to be worried about it.

Thanked by 4ITLabs uptime Ympker grep
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@subhojitdutta said:
    @jar as can be clearly understood that they are legitmiate clients and the lists are handwritten by my clients hence the errors. Everything is not automated here in India. There are bound to be mistakes while writing them by hand. How is it justification enough to ban and charge such humongous amounts?

WTF you are talking about? Don't drag countries name..
    It's your fault and you are a spammer..
    First ask your clients to verify their subscription before flooding them with your emails

subhojitdutta said: Its not a direct reply. Its a discussion, you still have responded to one thing I have said. You are just referring to me in 3rd person.

Apologies, I thought you said you would delete your account if I could prove that I responded to you. Responding to a thread that you made and offering an explanation satisfies this. I wasn't aware that you would just move the goal posts, or I wouldn't have responded. Thanks for clarifying that.

Thanked by 1uptime

Meh, what's the point of this thread anyway.

• jar said: Apologies, I thought you said you would delete your account if I could prove that I responded to you. Responding to a thread that you made and offering an explanation satisfies this. I wasn't aware that you would just move the goal posts, or I wouldn't have responded. Thanks for clarifying that.

Finally I get a reply from you. That's so great. You go so ahead in customer service, dont you fella. This is sad. There'll be a consequence to all this arrogance and I hope your business does well in the future.

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

• @subhojitdutta said:

@jar said:

subhojitdutta said: If @jar can prove that he has responded to me directly, I will myself delete my account from here and never come back

https://community.mxroute.com/t/account-terminated-for-unsolicited-marketing-mails/372/2

BANNED FROM THIS PLACE

Its not a direct reply. Its a discussion, you still have responded to one thing I have said. You are just referring to me in 3rd person.

Seems like at this point you should be asking yourself “Is what I’m about to say going to resolve this in a good way for me?” And then try to find words that will do that. Because this whole trying to be right thing isn’t going so well.

@deank said:
    Meh, what's the point of this thread anyway.

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. It’s reading like every other thread where Jar has “wronged” someone. Once you see a basic explanation you go “I’m glad Jar did that.”

Thanked by 1uptime

Hmm, Jar did reply to you in this thread before that post.

• @Ympker said:
    Surely the OP is wrong to a large extent but I'd argue the charge is still a bit high.

I'm not sure that it was high enough. But what would you say is fair?

From what I can see in this thread, @subhojitdutta really does not seem to have truly learned the need to take responsibility for so much repeated careless, selfish behavior.

But they stil might serve as an example for others to learn something from.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • There's no argument here. jar and his setup wants to comply with local regulations regarding opt-in, it's in his terms of service - you blindly sign up and think you can use his service to email whoever you like without opt-in and you lose out.

Email is so abused that the service providers aren't going to take the plead of ignorance as an excuse for essentially what is a crime.

There's a reason the likes of jarland does this service, it's because you can go in ham-fisted like you did and make a mess of it, and would end up getting close to zero deliverability because your email list is garbage. Alternatively, you have someone who pays attention to the finer details of this kind of subject and knows what they're doing.

I know LET has a bunch of fan boys that'll just pile in and shit on you, but you're in the wrong with this.

Coincidentally the 'lost password' facility on here doesn't work, at least for gmail, within 10 minutes of initiating it at least.

Thanked by 2jar subhojitdutta
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Tectrix Host is a scam, ran by an 11 year old, he will steal all your money.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • ITLabs said: For how long have you been providing email marketing services? Before MXRoute, who was your service provider? Have you never monitored bounce rates with your previous providers?

Yes sir,
    We use Hetzner for low-end and Mailgun for our premium customers. Never got heaved out directly. Got suspended in Hetzner once in the last 4 years. I create a good relationship with my hosts. I procure long-term contracts with them. It was my 1st day and just 1 of my clients and to be put down this way, I dont think I have ever faced such consequences,

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

edited September 2019

@TimRoo said:
    That’s what I’m trying to figure out. It’s reading like every other thread where Jar has “wronged” someone. Once you see a basic explanation you go “I’m glad Jar did that.”

I believe OP is really mad to a point that his human rationalism has gone out of the window.

Right now, he is just babbling about justice, the truth, explanations, and the holy grail. Really, there is no point in this thread. He obviously wants to damage @JarLard's reputation.

Which he is failing really badly.

• @subhojitdutta said:

jar said: Apologies, I thought you said you would delete your account if I could prove that I responded to you. Responding to a thread that you made and offering an explanation satisfies this. I wasn't aware that you would just move the goal posts, or I wouldn't have responded. Thanks for clarifying that.

Finally I get a reply from you. That's so great. You go so ahead in customer service, dont you fella. This is sad. There'll be a consequence to all this arrogance and I hope your business does well in the future.

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

Do you need a lowend lawyer ?

@subhojitdutta said:

jar said: Apologies, I thought you said you would delete your account if I could prove that I responded to you. Responding to a thread that you made and offering an explanation satisfies this. I wasn't aware that you would just move the goal posts, or I wouldn't have responded. Thanks for clarifying that.

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

Arrogance is definitely a quality I’ve dealt with and I feel like others around me have shown me that it isn’t warranted, but if you feel it is a quality I’ve displayed here today then I apologize for that.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @subhojitdutta said:

deank said: You keep stating no response but it seems clear that there were some responses because you seem to know why you are getting the boot.

If @jar can prove that he has responded to me directly, I will myself delete my account from here and never come back.

THE COMPLETE TIMELINE is as follows:-

-Got Mail: Account Terminated for "unsolicitated mails".
    -Tried to open Support Ticket: Banned from WHMCS
    -Tried to contact via portal. Banned
    -Tried to reach on slack. Banned

How is this reaching our and responding?

@subhojitdutta said:

Regards,
    Subhojit Dutta.

Does this mean you will stop posting and pay the charge now?