Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

London & Chicago offers - NVMe and Storage - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

London & Chicago offers - NVMe and Storage

Comments

• cdrive said: The team has been working hard over the weekend in order to activate as many orders as they can. Hence, do allow some time for order to be activated.

I am already allowing time, i dont have problem with that. I already said that.

• London, a tiny 250GB/512MB plan

nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh

benchmark timestamp: 2019-09-09 16:29:37 UTC

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores: 1
    Frequency: 2999.998 MHz
    RAM: 481M
    Swap: 975M
    Kernel: Linux 4.15.0-60-generic x86_64

Disks:
    vda 250G HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    2.944 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    5.327 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    1.981 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 71.8 us / 133.0 us / 66.0 ms / 494.8 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 7.96 k requests in 5.00 s, 1.94 GiB, 1.59 k iops, 398.0 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 329.97 MiB/s
    2nd run: 342.37 MiB/s
    3rd run: 360.49 MiB/s
    average: 344.28 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 45.91.93.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         84.18 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        6.73 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   16.79 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      75.45 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         11.34 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Thanked by 1uptime
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Patiently waiting for my 6 TB storage VM to be deployed (ticket#176869).. :)

@Abdullah, in case you are looking for some ideas on Black Friday deals: Prepare us for the post-Brexit time with some GDPR-complient cheap mass storage in The Netherlands. ;) Having such a deal like this in NL would be awesome.

• Can you check ticket 842438 ? It seems that your sale team is not aware of this promotion!

• @dfroe said:
    Patiently waiting for my 6 TB storage VM to be deployed (ticket#176869).. :)

@Abdullah, in case you are looking for some ideas on Black Friday deals: Prepare us for the post-Brexit time with some GDPR-complient cheap mass storage in The Netherlands. ;) Having such a deal like this in NL would be awesome.

I trust it has been addressed accordingly.

@yakblack said:
    Can you check ticket 842438 ? It seems that your sale team is not aware of this promotion!

We are verifying some details in regards to your request. Please allow some time :) and if you need further clarification, you may update the ticket or PM us directly so that we won't be turning this thread into a support thread :smiley:

• Why people posting ticket number on this thread? Is hoshatch team so incompetent in processing ticket so people need to tell @Abdullah their ticket number

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @yokowasis said:
    Why people posting ticket number on this thread? Is hoshatch team so incompetent in processing ticket so people need to tell @Abdullah their ticket number

Chronic impatience.

Thanked by 2brueggus coreflux
  • Looking forward to the emergence of 2 CPU cores, 2GB RAM, 2TB hard drive, 4TB bandwidth plan.

• @Abdullah said:
    Hi all,

Here are the special deals from our two newer locations. London and Chicago.

These will be available from today to the end of 10th September (GMT-4). They will be available again for few days depending on availability later on. This is so people who miss it the first time can get it in the second go. We do not offer any refunds on special plans.

Storage deal:

> Base plan:
    > 1x 3.0 GHz
    > 3 GB RAM
    > 3 TB usable storage
    > 9 TB bandwidth
    > $84 per year
    > Add more: 1 GB RAM, 1 TB storage and 3 TB bandwidth chunks for $2.5 per month each. Up to 30 TB storage per VM. This pricing is only for servers created during the promotion.
    > 
    > Note: We can do this plan on monthly billing if at least 5 TB storage is bought.
    > Note2: Servers can be upgraded with chunks after the promotion period at the same pricing, as long as the server was ordered within the promotional period. Depends on availability.
    > 
    > 
    > Example: A plan with 4 CPU cores, 12 TB storage, 36 TB bandwidth will cost $29.5 per month. You can calculate your own pricing and add more or less chunks to the original base plan.
    > 

Is it me or is the calculation of additional CPU cores unclear when adding additional chunks?
    Will we get 0.3 CPU cores per 1TB additional storage?

• @BBTN said:

@Abdullah said:
    Hi all,

Here are the special deals from our two newer locations. London and Chicago.

These will be available from today to the end of 10th September (GMT-4). They will be available again for few days depending on availability later on. This is so people who miss it the first time can get it in the second go. We do not offer any refunds on special plans.

Storage deal:

> > Base plan:
    > > 1x 3.0 GHz
    > > 3 GB RAM
    > > 3 TB usable storage
    > > 9 TB bandwidth
    > > $84 per year
    > > Add more: 1 GB RAM, 1 TB storage and 3 TB bandwidth chunks for $2.5 per month each. Up to 30 TB storage per VM. This pricing is only for servers created during the promotion.
    > > 
    > > Note: We can do this plan on monthly billing if at least 5 TB storage is bought.
    > > Note2: Servers can be upgraded with chunks after the promotion period at the same pricing, as long as the server was ordered within the promotional period. Depends on availability.
    > > 
    > > 
    > > Example: A plan with 4 CPU cores, 12 TB storage, 36 TB bandwidth will cost $29.5 per month. You can calculate your own pricing and add more or less chunks to the original base plan.
    > > 

Is it me or is the calculation of additional CPU cores unclear when adding additional chunks?
    Will we get 0.3 CPU cores per 1TB additional storage?

You get 1 core per 3 chunks. 5TB equals 1 cores.

• BBTN said: Is it me or is the calculation of additional CPU cores unclear when adding additional chunks?

You're right, it isn't clear. My guess is that you get an additional core with each extra 3TB, i.e. with each multiple of the base plan.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • To be clear:

if you want 2 cores, then you'll need to order 6 TB of storage, which will come with 6 GB of ram and can be paid monthly, at $14.50 per month.

That's what I got in Chicago last time around.

• @Detruire said:

BBTN said: Is it me or is the calculation of additional CPU cores unclear when adding additional chunks?

You're right, it isn't clear. My guess is that you get an additional core with each extra 3TB, i.e. with each multiple of the base plan.

That at least sound reasonable.

• it is an additional 1 core per 3 chunks.

Thanked by 1BBTN
    edited September 2019

@Nekki said:

@yokowasis said:
    Why people posting ticket number on this thread? Is hoshatch team so incompetent in processing ticket so people need to tell @Abdullah their ticket number

Chronic impatience.

Well, some might still be mentally cought in the chronicles of never ending fsck's, annoying DDoS, and self-deleting support tickets.. For those it could take some time to get used to it when tickets are simply processed timely. ;)

BTW, those folks who already received their VPS, is there some magic to be done within the VM in order to "see" the full virtual HDD >2TB? I tried booting from Debian 10, CentOS 7, FreeBSD 13 and Gparted ISO images, but all only show a 2 TB HDD (2^32 sectors, 512 byte sector size), i.e. the linux (or freebsd) kernel within my VM only recognizes 2 TB (even before talking about GPT partitioning etc.). According to HostHatch support the VM is configured with 6 TB. Hm, let's give them a chance to fix it. Just asking if someone here might have already had a similiar issue. But I guess if it looks like on this screenshot, there is not much I can do.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @dfroe said:

@Nekki said:

@yokowasis said:

Chronic impatience.

Well, some might still be mentally cought in the chronicles of never ending fsck's, annoying DDoS, and self-deleting support tickets.. For those it could take some time to get used to it when tickets are simply processed timely. ;)

BTW, those folks who already received their VPS, is there some magic to be done within the VM in order to "see" the full virtual HDD >2TB? I tried booting from Debian 10, CentOS 7, FreeBSD 13 and Gparted ISO images, but all only show a 2 TB HDD (2^32 sectors, 512 byte sector size), i.e. the linux (or freebsd) kernel within my VM only recognizes 2 TB (even before talking about GPT partitioning etc.). According to HostHatch support the VM is configured with 6 TB. Hm, let's give them a chance to fix it. Just asking if someone here might have already had a similiar issue. But I guess if it looks like on this screenshot, there is not much can do.

I installed Ubuntu 18.04 via ISO and it recognized the 3TB drive when selecting the disk to install. May be that HH accidentally misconfigured your storage?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • You have to reinstall using one of the templates to see the full disk after the system is prepared.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

dfroe said: is there some magic to be done within the VM in order to "see" the full virtual HDD >2TB?

try installing via ISO ...

it's been a while since I set mine up (in Chicago) but Debian 9 worked fine for me (with LVM on LUKS) with 6 TB

Thanked by 2ITLabs vimalware
  • sanvit said: is there some magic to be done within the VM in order to "see" the full virtual HDD >2TB?

I received the following guidance from support on my provisioning email:

Note that your disk size is over 2 TB and you will have to install the server using an ISO. Our OS templates do not work with disk sizes over 2 TB.

I installed CentOS from ISO and I can see the full disk size.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • @dfroe said:

BTW, those folks who already received their VPS, is there some magic to be done within the VM in order to "see" the full virtual HDD >2TB? I tried booting from Debian 10, CentOS 7, FreeBSD 13 and Gparted ISO images, but all only show a 2 TB HDD (2^32 sectors, 512 byte sector size), i.e. the linux (or freebsd) kernel within my VM only recognizes 2 TB (even before talking about GPT partitioning etc.). According to HostHatch support the VM is configured with 6 TB. Hm, let's give them a chance to fix it. Just asking if someone here might have already had a similiar issue. But I guess if it looks like on this screenshot, there is not much I can do.

I've had this issue in the past with a couple of their servers that were greater than 2TB. In both cases, the solution was to contact them to ask that they check the configuration on their side.

After they checked, and I did a few hard reboots of the VPS via their portal, I was then able to boot to an ISO and see the full disk size. It did take a little fiddling, though.

I think the issue is that they're provisioning everything manually, so occasionally there are mistakes.

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • London test file link dead?

• lurch said: London test file link dead?

It is dead for me.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Should be ok now - we'll also have a proper LG up soon.

Thanked by 1lurch

aj_potc said: After they checked, and I did a few hard reboots of the VPS via their portal, I was then able to boot to an ISO and see the full disk size. It did take a little fiddling, though.

Me too. It has been fixed just right now. And your description finally best described how it worked for me. :)

• Bench London

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2999.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 7.8 GB (1.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 991 MB (84 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 63 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 15 min
    Load average : 0.17, 0.06, 0.03
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 1.2 GB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 1.3 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 1.2 GB/s

Average I/O speed : 1262.9 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 137MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 9.04MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 13.9MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 166MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 109MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 8.25MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 16.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 14.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 75.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 12.2MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 10.8MB/s

• @puerklint said:
    Bench London

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2999.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 7.8 GB (1.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 991 MB (84 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 63 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 15 min
    Load average : 0.17, 0.06, 0.03
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 1.2 GB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 1.3 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 1.2 GB/s

Average I/O speed : 1262.9 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 137MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 9.04MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 13.9MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 166MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 109MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 8.25MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 16.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 14.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 75.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 12.2MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 10.8MB/s

You should have 16GBs of storage, not 8.

• @Abdullah said:

What LG means please?

@lebidule said:
    What LG means please?

Looking Glass

Something like http://lg.ny.hosthatch.com

• @lebidule said:

@Abdullah said:

What LG means please?

Looking Glass (where you can test out a provider's network before purchasing)

• Just curious @Nekki, how much storage have you bought?

I picked up a 1TB + 1 core + 1GB ram myself, its pretty awesume