Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use?

12346»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2020

@yaxewenaj said:

@jar said:

@yaxewenaj said:
    I see so many recommendations for mxroute.com. How are they privacy wise?

MXroute focuses more on functional inbound, the death of the per user cost, and going above and beyond to ensure outbound delivery.

It’s not in competition with services like ProtonMail, email is stored in the same fashion as all shared hosting providers. Security beyond a secure connection and well managed servers would be something the client does optionally (like use PGP).

Thanks for the swift reply. In other words, we have to trust that you do not read our emails as with most providers.

Correct. A good point I like to make along those lines is that MXroute is worth too much to throw away by being nosy. If I'm snooping through emails and come across something illegal I'm legally obligated to act on it. If I'm not snooping, I can typically be protected by a plausible deniability (safe harbor). It's in my best interest legally, morally, and financially to not be reading your emails.

It's always based on trust when your data is stored on and viewed from a remote server that you don't own, and it's important to remember that. You know that, but this reply is for the benefit of some unknown reader. I don't want anyone to mistake my service for something more encrypted than average, but I also don't want anyone to see my service as requiring above average trust levels or me as having motive for something that isn't in anyone's best interest. A very delicate balancing act to communicate.

Admission of such details is uncommon I've noticed, and it can lead some individuals to believe that my service is less secure than average simply because I openly state things that can be uncomfortable to digest in comparison to others that function the same but don't openly state it. That's why I like to be clear about that. It's sort of like how people think a hosting provider is less stable than another because one reports all outages and the other doesn't, transparency sometimes distorts people's perspective. I've taken a few beatings for being honest, you can probably tell.

• Another +1 for mxroute here. Great service, their promo prices are unbelievable, @jar is a kind and reasonable person as long as you behave the same.

• LeviLevi Member

@joepoll said:
    OVH Pro Mail

That's something unusual. Tell your experience with spam control and deliverability.

• mywebhostingmywebhosting Member, Host Rep

@amsaal said:
    i switched from Gmail to Self Hosted Mailcow for 2 domains . so far it has no issues.

previously i was using the dockerized version and later moved to hosted one.

Just want to know what is your current Email provider for Personal Use ?

G Suite

• jar said: Admission of such details is uncommon I've noticed, and it can lead some individuals to believe that my service is less secure than average simply because I openly state things that can be uncomfortable to digest in comparison to others that function the same but don't openly state it.

I think it's also because your prices are one of the best we can find, more on blackfriday. You also provide an excellent support. At the beginning, i knew you just by reading forums while i was looking for an alternative to GMail for my little non profit yet projects and i've found you.

For long time i've asked myself how it can be this cheap (now price raised since few months maybe years)? So i had to learn more about your and made few searchs, then the whole package: mxroute reputation + jar reputation was enough for me to be customer.

Thanks for all jar i appreciate a lot the service your provide and i would like to see more services from you!

Thanked by 1jar
  • mxroute = prem

Thanked by 1jar
  • As far as my current setup is concerned, I have my emails hosted on BigRock. As a dev I got my business website up two years ago and then I was using Gmail, but after I learnt about BigRock's email hosting I switched because it is easy to have everything set up under one roof.

Most importantly, you can scale email storage space as per usage, Gmail charges you a bit more I guess and there is inbuilt virus protection so, all of this works for me.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Previously, I have bounced between Hosted Exchange providers (1und1, OVH, etc.) but have settled on Office 365.

I like the Exchange ecosystem and I honestly have no desire to change that, its a 10+ year old habit I'd be breaking. The package I get with 365 works out nicely for me.

• any new ones arrived?

• Zoho

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • Does anyone know of a self-hosted webmail client that can reply to emails as the [email protected] the email was sent to?

I use unique addresses for everything and the ability to reply to emails as that address is important. I dont want any extra button presses, this needs to be able to be set as default behaviour.

I currently do this with Thunderbird and Virtual Identity plugin.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • @Adam1 said:
    Does anyone know of a self-hosted webmail client that can reply to emails as the [email protected] the email was sent to?

I use unique addresses for everything and the ability to reply to emails as that address is important. I dont want any extra button presses, this needs to be able to be set as default behaviour.

I currently do this with Thunderbird and Virtual Identity plugin.

SOGo does this

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • Cock.li and Proton Mail (CH).

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • @amsaal said:
    any new ones arrived?

Here is one I haven't seen mentioned: PurelyMail. It's still in beta but it has incredibly reasonable pricing. https://purelymail.com/

The dev is incredibly responsive. I am only using it for some alt email addresses as I haven't moved away from Gmail and I have MXRoute too but I have had no problems with my usage so far.

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • @buzzyLET said:

@amsaal said:
    any new ones arrived?

Here is one I haven't seen mentioned: PurelyMail. It's still in beta but it has incredibly reasonable pricing. https://purelymail.com/

The dev is incredibly responsive. I am only using it for some alt email addresses as I haven't moved away from Gmail and I have MXRoute too but I have had no problems with my usage so far.

very usefull information and i am happy it will also help others who might need it so then can read this thread and they will get their things here itself . no need to dig much.

• @amsaal said:

@buzzyLET said:

@amsaal said:
    any new ones arrived?

very usefull information and i am happy it will also help others who might need it so then can read this thread and they will get their things here itself . no need to dig much.

No problem, I hope he gets more business through this and a review from someone who has heavier use. I bought the most recent MXRoute 25 dollar promo because I've haerd such good things about it and wanted to check out Crossbox but I may not have the need for it and fall back to PurelyMail and seeing how I could use the mail services of my lifetime MyW account

• @buzzyLET said:

@amsaal said:

@buzzyLET said:

@amsaal said:
    any new ones arrived?

No problem, I hope he gets more business through this and a review from someone who has heavier use. I bought the most recent MXRoute 25 dollar promo because I've haerd such good things about it and wanted to check out Crossbox but I may not have the need for it and fall back to PurelyMail and seeing how I could use the mail services of my lifetime MyW account

i am also mxroute customer and happy with it :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Gmail.com and Mail.com for over 15 years, Mail.com
    Mail.com owns over 200 domains for registering Free Email Adresses, I have my emails registered on Reborn.com and Dr.com domains and i m using them for a long long time now

Thanked by 1amsaal
  • amsaalamsaal Member

after 2 years i can say MXroute is the best Email Provider with offers like unlimited domains and good amount of space.

Thanked by 1jar
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@amsaal said:
    after 2 years i can say MXroute is the best Email Provider with offers like unlimited domains and good amount of space.

Thank you for those kind words but you really didn't have to necropost a 2 year old thread just to say that.

Nevertheless, Jarland would still be happy to read this :smiley:

Thanked by 1jar
This discussion has been closed.