Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use?

Comments

• My own
    +
    Gmail as alternative.

• @rm_ said:

sanvit said: as long as outbound emaila go through a relay and not directly through their IPs

If it's for personal use as the thread title says, they should be OK with occasional 1-2 outgoing mails to a single recipient, too. We aren't talking about mass mailing after all. And for personal use it is a massive overkill to sign up for a dedicated SMTP sending service.

Just check your IP for block lists e.g. on https://bgp.he.net/ (search for the IP, then switch to "RBL" tab).

I had bad times when using my own IPs to send emails. GMail sometimes doesn't like it (I got one email rejected by GMail for being a potential spam, which was a single email sent to my gmail account), and emails sent to Microsoft just randomly disappears. After that, I just use email relays which just takes care of all the headaches.

dedicated SMTP services might look like an overkill, but it's pretty cheap, or may be also added on your web hosting subscription too (e.g. @MikePT's MYW and @Francisco's BuyShared both has MailChannels enabled by default and you can use that to relay emails, or Amazon SES only costs $0.1/1K emails + outgoing bandwidth fee).

Thanked by 3uptime jam MikePT
  • @ITLabs said:

AWS SES cost is based on 3 factors: the number of emails you send, their size, and the size of attachments. Emails are charged at $0.10 per 1,000. Emails' size is accounted for as data transfer out from EC2 to the Internet. Attachments are billed at $0.12 per GB.

The free usage tier (62,000 messages per month) applies only when you call SES from an application hosted in EC2.

Yup. For personal use it's probably okay tho care that no one is able to get access otherwise it will get pretty expensive. The attachments can be a bit pricey.

Their biggest price factor is when you want to use a dedicated ip. they let you pay 25$/m :D

• @blackjack4494 said:

@ITLabs said:

AWS SES cost is based on 3 factors: the number of emails you send, their size, and the size of attachments. Emails are charged at $0.10 per 1,000. Emails' size is accounted for as data transfer out from EC2 to the Internet. Attachments are billed at $0.12 per GB.

The free usage tier (62,000 messages per month) applies only when you call SES from an application hosted in EC2.

Yup. For personal use it's probably okay tho care that no one is able to get access otherwise it will get pretty expensive. The attachments can be a bit pricey.

Their biggest price factor is when you want to use a dedicated ip. they let you pay 25$/m :D

What's the point of using an email relay if you get a dedicated IP? You can get one for $3.5 from Amazon themselves (Lightsail), and you have to manage reputation, etc. by yourself.

• MXRoute all the way!

• MX route, Mailcow, Zoho free for some domains and paid for some. And yahoo I use them when a client wants name brand with a lot of mail boxes more than 50, I do share this

Out if this I love mxroute and Zoho.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited August 2019

Gmail seems to be the most reliable solution. Over the years, the only one that works most of the time - with lowest number of delivery problems - either outgoing, or incoming emails. At least in my experience.

Haven't tried G-suite, suppose it's similar, but you pay to have an email with your domain - for a "more professional look". :)

Convinced they are doing all within their power to keep/make it that way.

Gave MXroute a try, it's been working great... for almost ten days. :smiley:
    Hoping it gets sorted out and doesn't happen (too) often.
    EDIT: working again - "just a small hickup". :)

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2019

I shall only figure this out when Gmail(gsuite legacy) kicks me out (hopefully never)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sanvit said:

@rm_ said:

sanvit said: as long as outbound emaila go through a relay and not directly through their IPs

If it's for personal use as the thread title says, they should be OK with occasional 1-2 outgoing mails to a single recipient, too. We aren't talking about mass mailing after all. And for personal use it is a massive overkill to sign up for a dedicated SMTP sending service.

Just check your IP for block lists e.g. on https://bgp.he.net/ (search for the IP, then switch to "RBL" tab).

I had bad times when using my own IPs to send emails. GMail sometimes doesn't like it (I got one email rejected by GMail for being a potential spam, which was a single email sent to my gmail account), and emails sent to Microsoft just randomly disappears. After that, I just use email relays which just takes care of all the headaches.

dedicated SMTP services might look like an overkill, but it's pretty cheap, or may be also added on your web hosting subscription too (e.g. @MikePT's MYW and @Francisco's BuyShared both has MailChannels enabled by default and you can use that to relay emails, or Amazon SES only costs $0.1/1K emails + outgoing bandwidth fee).

Thank you for the recommendation mate! 🤘

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • I use migadu.com service for hosting my emails.
    they have limit for outgoing email though,
    but not a problem as I rarely use emails.

• Mailgun

@unfortunately said:
    I use migadu.com service for hosting my emails.
    they have limit for outgoing email though,
    but not a problem as I rarely use emails.

All ESPs have a limit for outbound.

Thanked by 1unfortunately
  • Yandex.Mail for Domain

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Gmail, GSuite, Hotmail and my own server :joy:

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited August 2019

Mail with cocks (cock.li) has been rock solid for me.

Thanked by 3lnx Nekki wdmg
  • lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

I always appreciate these threads as you can sometimes find some obscure websites that pique my interest. I am currently using Mailgun for outbound services for now. I haven't set up anything yet using their receiving service. I also use Tutanota though I don't have it receive a lot of mail. I will throw another out there for people looking for secure e-mail https://posteo.de/en.

@lnx said:
    I always appreciate these threads as you can sometimes find some obscure websites that pique my interest. I am currently using Mailgun for outbound services for now. I haven't set up anything yet using their receiving service. I also use Tutanota though I don't have it receive a lot of mail. I will throw another out there for people looking for secure e-mail https://posteo.de/en.

MyW for outbound. MailChannels ftw.

• live.com and personal domain email

• hzrhzr Member

MikePT said: MyW for outbound. MailChannels ftw.

I can't put my finger on it but this seems a little bit biased ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@hzr said:

MikePT said: MyW for outbound. MailChannels ftw.

I can't put my finger on it but this seems a little bit biased ;)

It is. We do eat our own dog food.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • Office365 for personal use...

• Usually, use Gmail and for mail list using MailChimp

• I have my clients email spread with several providers.

cPanel servers with RAMNode
    MailCheap server (500gig Plan)
    Rackspace ($3.50 per email)
    Gsuite
    ZOHO
    Gmail

So far clients are pleased with deliveries and span management.

My personal favorite is Rackspace mail services.

Has anyone tried DA for mail?

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited September 2019

Synology mail server/station if you own a Synology NAS :smile:

• Self-hosted on a Hetzner CX11, rock solid.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @jbuggie said:
    Self-hosted on a Hetzner CX11, rock solid.

what you use for self hosted mail server? can give us more information?

• postfix/dovecot/rspamd/radicale combo. Easiest would be via docker.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

@vyas11 said:
    Gmail for the noise, personal site’s email via zoho MXroute.
    Added later:
    Had used inbox dot eu before but decided to try MXroute since business has multiple domains.

I checked my inbox dot eu account - now they have priced it a 9.99 Euros/year. Good that they are charging now - might help them stick around longer. The plan that I have (grandfathered though only for one year) . Mxroute for the rest. In the coming months, maybe will put to use one of the LT plans thanks to one of those crazy deals @MikePT had going last month.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@vyas11 said:

@vyas11 said:
    Gmail for the noise, personal site’s email via zoho MXroute.
    Added later:
    Had used inbox dot eu before but decided to try MXroute since business has multiple domains.

I checked my inbox dot eu account - now they have priced it a 9.99 Euros/year. Good that they are charging now - might help them stick around longer. The plan that I have (grandfathered though only for one year) . Mxroute for the rest. In the coming months, maybe will put to use one of the LT plans thanks to one of those crazy deals @MikePT had going last month.

You may and you should mate! 😁 🤘

This discussion has been closed.