Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost 200GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM = $5/m - NOVEMBER SALE!! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost 200GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM = $5/m - NOVEMBER SALE!!

13»

Comments

• @ZeroCool - Please submit a ticket once you decide if you'd like to pay for a longer billing cycle and we'll provide you with custom pricing :)

• I tried signing up, but the payment page says that "You need a PayPal account for this purchase." Is there any way to pay with my credit card without creating a PayPal account?

• Bit the bullet so i can try and openttd dedi in NY, already submitted a ticket for the IP, i also just replied to the same ticket cause the ram is wrong, don't want to spam ya system.

• an additional question, still can't support debian 7 x64 in Texas node now? thanks

• I have a awrong plan too. I order this custom Plan, but I 've got Virtual Private Servers - LET $5 November Special with 200GB HD, 512 RAM. Please fix it.

And hopefully i get AN EXTRA IP ADDRESS FREE OF CHARGE

• All issues raised so far in this thread have been taken care of. :)

@user123 - We're re-introducing Credit/Debit Cards through Stripe as a payment option near the start of December.

• Credit where it's due - Jonathan's looked after me well, resolving tickets in a timely manner, on the weekend too.

• ** Update **

Due to a high amount of fraudulent orders, instant activation is no longer offered. All orders will have to be manually activated however we hope to have all orders activated within a few hours or less of purchase.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@greenvaluehost can you combine 2 of these plans?

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2013

GreenValueHost said: @user123 - We're re-introducing Credit/Debit Cards through Stripe as a payment option near the start of December.

>
    Is there any chance I can pay a manual invoice (through PayPal/Google Checkout/whatever is fine) with a one-time credit card payment without a PayPal account this month until that gets set up for December? If there is not, please cancel my invoice (#1951). Thanks :)

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Asked about doubling up this plan combining 2 into 1 vps similar to HostDime, and it's a no go for anyone interested.

• @user123 - No, sorry. This is a security precaution. Your invoice has now been cancelled.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    ** Update **

Due to a high amount of fraudulent orders, instant activation is no longer offered. All orders will have to be manually activated however we hope to have all orders activated within a few hours or less of purchase.

@GreenValueHost Is it already instant now? want to try!

• @xdevko007 - We will likely never enable instant activation again. The sooner you order, the sooner you can have your plan activated.

• srikanth131srikanth131 Member
    edited November 2013

Searched for reviews, Did find unhappy customers , However noticed that most responses from the host (jon's responses mostly) was quite honest. Liked that , took the plunge ,

When I did not get activation mail for almost 24 hour, then I checked spam ! and there it was. already arrived minutes after my payment. (So instant activation seems to be back)

Should be naturally oversold, Don't know by how much :)

Looking forward to doing few tests , Don't expect my vps to be anywhere near busy (maybe owncloud and backups )

Still now no issues at all..... :)

@GreenValueHost : Thanks for the good deal ,
    Suggestion : maybe you could take a look at checking SPF records,etc to avoid mails marked as spam.

• i think the SSD cache i/o speed is more slower than first time i tested
    meybe greenvalue can increase if that possible

Before

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.91466 seconds, 218 MB/s

Now

[root@green ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.68355 seconds, 189 MB/s

• @GreenValueHost said:
    ** Update **

6 hours past. And my order still pending... (checked all email folders, status pending is shown on "My Products & Services" page)

Also, will it cost 5$/m on the second, third...etc month? Won't you change plan after 1 month where I must pay 20-30-or more $ ?

• @filkt - No, the price will still be $5/m recurring.

Please do NOT ticket in regarding the status of your order - That will delay your deployment time because it consumes unnecessary time of our staff. We're working to get everything settled as soon as we can.

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited November 2013

wget i got Down speed Now

1% [ ] 159,235,160 8.03M/s eta 91m 25s

• filktfilkt Member
    edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    filkt - No, the price will still be $5/m recurring.

Please do NOT ticket in regarding the status of your order - That will delay your deployment time because it consumes unnecessary time of our staff. We're working to get everything settled as soon as we can.

I haven't send ticket about that. I asked here. But your support disappointed me. I wanted to place web site about one opensource product and give users ability to download latest version from this site. And you support said it is not allowed.

As I can understand I can't even install bittorent sync to sync my files, because this isn't allowed too. If I'll set up personal mail server, I can receive for about 100 emails a day from monitoring systems, you will ban me as spammer? So for what I can use your VPS if everything is not allowed...

• What is the node specs this server will run on?

• Rob92Rob92 Member
    edited November 2013

Any of these left?
    Also any test IP or looking glass I can try?

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@FrapHost - This has already been answered in the first page.

@Rob92 - There's plenty left :) We have several new nodes to put these servers on still. We have test IPs and test download files available. Please submit a ticket for these.

@filkt - This concern has already been addressed.

• GreenValueHost said: @tommy - As much as we'd like to we cannot serve the world to you on a silver platter for pennies. You had a Xen PV VPS with load spike issues and issues within your VPS that were not network or hardware related, and your VPS was unmanaged and therefore we were unable to assist.

sadly that's not true :) that your network and hardware. I've sent ticket asking about network but, nothing change. Your guy keep tell nonsense answer. I know it unmanage but if that about hardware/network problem I must contact you right? You don't tell your customer when there's so many packet loss, and you refuse to admit it. I've give you ping from online tools and compare to my another vps on another provider from same location.

then I just left you, because you too selfish and don't care about your customer, that not about what I pay for, that about what you give to me as customer.

• It has been more than 26 hours since I took a order.Still get nothing!
    There is nobody on duty?

• @woochun - It's in your spam folder.

• woochunwoochun Member
    edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    woochun - It's in your spam folder.

Nothing in spam folder.
    With a ticket,It is fine now.

• any test use benchmark speed test ?