Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost 200GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM = $5/m - NOVEMBER SALE!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost 200GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM = $5/m - NOVEMBER SALE!!

You're just in time for GreenValueHost's LowEndTalk Special of the Month for November! For a limited time only, we are offering the below plan for only $5.00 per month (Paid monthly)

200GB SSD Cached/Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
Unmetered Bandwidth (300mbps Port)
4096MB Guaranteed RAM
5120MB Burstable RAM
1 IPv4 Address (Additional IPs are available for cheap in bulk w/ justification, just ask!)

** FIRST 30 ORDERS WILL RECEIVE AN EXTRA IP ADDRESS FREE OF CHARGE !! **

VPS Features

• New York USA Location
  • OpenVZ Virtualization
  • SolusVM VPS Control Panel
  • INSTANT Activation

Ready to order? Here's the order link: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=167

Questions? Please feel free to contact us by replying to this thread or by submitting a ticket to our sales department.

Thanked by 1Siera

Comments

• Looks like they finally made their resource usage restrictions on shared hosting only: http://www.greenvaluehost.com/tos.html

• @sundaymouse said:
    Looks like they finally made their resource usage restrictions on shared hosting only: http://www.greenvaluehost.com/tos.html

still the same. virtual servers?

• Burst? seriously lol

• Our Terms of Service is going to be rewritten very soon. We're not very strict on CPU resource limitations unless you start to cause issues for other clients on the node.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

I terminated my VPS last month due to the crappy support response.

Client: "Have you blocked port x on my VPS?"

Jonathan Nguyen: "Your VPS is unmanaged.".

Client: "I'd like to avail the 45 day refund policy."

Jonathan Nguyen: "This is not the billing department. As you have abused our support helpdesk by deliberately submitting an inquiry into the wrong department, as per our terms of service, all your tickets will now be treated as low priority.
    -Jonathan Nguyen
    -President of Operations"

I wasn't looking for a managed service. A simple civil 'yes' or 'no' would have sufficed.

• New York USA Location

New York City or 400 miles away in Buffalo, New York?

What type of hardware are these are hosted on: E3 or E5, total amount of RAM per node?

This is not the billing department. As you have abused our support helpdesk by deliberately submitting an inquiry into the wrong department, as per our terms of service, all your tickets will now be treated as low priority

Are the billing department tickets answered by a different person than the person who answered that ticket?

edited November 2013

@DomainBop said:
    Are the billing department tickets answered by a different person than the person who answered that ticket?

Nope. It was answered by Mr Nguyen, himself.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @joelgm said:
    Nope. It was answered by Mr Nguyen, himself. :)

The reason for why we have the policy of submitting separate tickets for each issue and submitting tickets into the correct departments is for us to be better organized in order to provide better support for our clients. You've violated our Terms of Service that you have agreed to upon signup by violating this policy and you were given the consequence of low priority tickets. It's just not fair to our other clients whom respect our policies and submit tickets to the correct department.

The response that you received "Your VPS is unmanaged" is a standard response given to unmanaged VPS tickets that are not network or hardware related. This is for us to be able to provide ticket responses at a quicker rate and also it is not fair to managed clients for us to spend our time handling unmanaged VPS support tickets that are not network or hardware related. "Wiggle room" for these tickets are not implemented into our pricing.

@DomainBop - Yes, they're located in Buffalo, New York however that doesn't make it any less New York. We don't try to hide that fact and we're very open about it: http://greenvaluehost.com/network.html

We're able to receive very large discounts on E3s however not on E5s so therefore we're utilizing E3s for these plans however we do not overload our nodes and keep a limited amount of virtual servers per E3 node.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Our Terms of Service is going to be rewritten very soon. We're not very strict on CPU resource limitations unless you start to cause issues for other clients on the node.

order complete
    can i got the extra ip
    Ticket #198160

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@ZeroCool - Added.

Welcome aboard!

edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    The response that you received "Your VPS is unmanaged" is a standard response given to unmanaged VPS tickets that are not network or hardware related.

The question was whether the host had blocked a particular port on the container. You call this "not network related", or something which doesn't deserve a decent reply from the host?

@GreenValueHost said:
    The reason for why we have the policy of submitting separate tickets for each issue and submitting tickets into the correct departments is for us to be better organized in order to provide better support for our clients. You've violated our Terms of Service that you have agreed to upon signup by violating this policy and you were given the consequence of low priority tickets. It's just not fair to our other clients whom respect our policies and submit tickets to the correct department.

Your response to a simple fair question was the curt single phrase response quoted above. Replying to the same ticket, I asked you to terminate the VPS and provide a refund. Your response to this was with legal mumbo jumbo. I then opened a second ticket to your billing department and you replied to it yourself.

It speaks volumes of your commitment and earnestness to your customers.

• ciderocidero Member
    edited November 2013

Do you have the correct time set on the host? The last vps I ordered from you was not usable for my application because the time was wrong. And you were not able to correct it.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@joelgm - As I said above, the reasons for my responses were for organizational purchases, quality assurance purposes, and fairness to other clients. No other reasons.

@cidero - We just deployed some brand new nodes and everything is configured correctly and ready to go :)

• GreenValueHost said: The reason for why we have the policy of submitting separate tickets for each issue and submitting tickets into the correct departments is for us to be better organized in order to provide better support for our clients. You've violated our Terms of Service that you have agreed to upon signup by violating this policy and you were given the consequence of low priority tickets. It's just not fair to our other clients whom respect our policies and submit tickets to the correct department.

While your explanation of the issue is logical, it's also pretty poor customer service from the customer's perspective. Surely the ToS is there for your legal protection, than slavish adherence which alienates your customers?

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @Nekki - That policy is there in order for us to be fair to all of our customers. It's not there for us.

edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    Nekki - That policy is there in order for us to be fair to all of our customers

As fair and eloquent as your support response to me?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Nekki - That policy is there in order for us to be fair to all of our customers. It's not there for us.

With other words, you acted like a prick just to make things harder and show who's the boss.

• @joelgm said:
    As fair as your support response to me?

It's not fair to other customers for you to abuse our helpdesk because there were other customers that had urgent issues that needed to be dealt with at the time.

• Green SSD Cache info

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.91466 seconds, 218 MB/s

processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 60
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    stepping        : 3
    cpu MHz         : 3392.411
    cache size      : 8192 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 8
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 4
    apicid          : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm
    bogomips        : 6784.82
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor       : 1
    core id         : 1
    apicid          : 2
    initial apicid  : 2
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm
    power management:

processor       : 2
    core id         : 2
    apicid          : 4
    initial apicid  : 4
    power management:

processor       : 3
    core id         : 3
    apicid          : 6
    initial apicid  : 6
    power management:

Good ServerType
    i/o speed is middle result (not higth But Not Low)

• Oh yes dats still in ToS:

Resource Usage

Users may not:

Use 10% or more of CPU resources for longer then 60 seconds (Applies to Virtual Servers ONLY)

• @sundaymouse said:
    Oh yes dats still in ToS:

Resource Usage

Users may not:

Use 10% or more of CPU resources for longer then 60 seconds (Applies to Virtual Servers ONLY)

As I said in a previous post on this thread (and other threads as well), we're very lenient on this policy. As long as you do not cause issues for other clients on the same node, you're fine.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    It's not fair to other customers for you to abuse our helpdesk because there were other customers that had urgent issues that needed to be dealt with at the time.

It's hardly help desk abuse. You can try to spin it how you want, but it outwardly looks like you were treating a customer poorly because he wanted to cancel. Nothing to stop you from leaving his ticket until the 'urgent' issues were dealt with, then try and do something to retain his business.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    ZeroCool - Added.

Welcome aboard!

can you explian this
    this not like you offer
    i see at my vps panel this
    IPv4 Address 2 IPv6 Address 0
    Bandwidth 953.67 TB
    Disk Space 20 GB
    Memory 256 MB
    VSwap 256 MB

wtf this 256M not like this
    200GB SSD Cached/Accelerated RAID-10 Disk Space
    Unmetered Bandwidth (300mbps Port)
    4096MB Guaranteed RAM
    5120MB Burstable RAM

• most good offer didnt come with torrent support... -_-

• @GreenValueHost said:
    ZeroCool - Fixed

@ZeroCool, can test again ? After the fix?

• @psycholyzern said:
    most good offer didnt come with torrent support... -_-

that need to buy a seedbox...

• @JerryHou said:
    that need to buy a seedbox...

I like vps more.. I can tweak the files leeched before I download it to my laptop :)

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited November 2013

seedbox can do that as well? what kind of tweak you want?

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    ZeroCool - Fixed

just need ask sir
    with see your tos

i have huge database compress when i do restore this will be take more cpu resource
    how about that ?

with 200GB disk storage this maximun we can use it right