Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost 200GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM = $5/m - NOVEMBER SALE!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost 200GB SSD Cached HDD, UNMETERED 300MBPS BW, 5GB RAM = $5/m - NOVEMBER SALE!!

Comments

• @JerryHou said:
    seedbox can do that as well? what kind of tweak you want?

like extracting, converting, make screenshot of videos.. many more

• @ravenchad said:

the i/o speed increase little 221mb/s not many change

• MunMun Member
    edited November 2013

http://paste.ee/p/RqQTg Hmmm, that is not the offer posted above.

• @Mun said:

@joelgm said:
    It speaks volumes of your commitment and earnestness to your customers.

I guess I'm keeping my money! The deal is very sweet, almost too good to be true.

• not reasonable :) last time I'm with them my experience really bad. I left after few month.

• The wrong plan was accidentally selected in the Module Settings section of the product configuration.

I very much apologize. I'm fixing this up for everyone now and customers who were affected by this inconvenience will be given compensation.

• but in @ZeroCool vps, was fixed already i think, he had the same issue like that.

• Ticket:

• @tommy - As much as we'd like to we cannot serve the world to you on a silver platter for pennies. You had a Xen PV VPS with load spike issues and issues within your VPS that were not network or hardware related, and your VPS was unmanaged and therefore we were unable to assist.

• I got the same exact ticket flow as @Mun, and was dealt with in minutes. Hopefully this service levels keeps up.

• @psycholyzern said:
    like extracting, converting, make screenshot of videos.. many more

I think converting is high CPU usage application...

• Service isnt bad, supports been quick, got last months special in dallas. Had a problem with it resetting itself everyday, I think they got it together..

Offtopic question, openttd server allowed seeing as its such high ram and all?

• I signed up a few hours ago. Is the free IP still available?

Unfortunately, I chose debian as my OS by mistake. When I reinstalled with CENTOS via the control panel, the VPS never came back online. I've opened a ticket.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited November 2013

I don't think @joelgm was abusing helpdesk,he submitted tickets to you may just because he was talking to you before,like a conversation.

If he submitted to billing department,won't you be curious why this customer want to leave?

Yes,if customer submit ticket to right department,everything seems in perfect order,but it's too mechanic.I think that's why ticket system has a function called "assign".

This scenario remind me once I contact a support, they asked for some information at begining,I replied,as they outsourced their support,so everytime I was answered by different person,and they don't know what happened before,keeps treating my email like a fresh one,so I need to explain again and again,which made me crazy.After dozens of emails I gave up.

@GreenValueHost No offense,come on,you are not a bot,try not answer tickets like

if (ticket!= hardware || ticket!=network) {
    echo "Your VPS is unmanaged"
    }
    if (ticket=refund && is_ticket_submitted_to_billing()) {
    echo "This is not the billing department... all your tickets will now be treated as low priority"
    }

Think about it:

Option A: warning-"all your tickets will now be treated as low priority"

Option B:fix and notification-"please submit xx problem to our xxx department next time, thank you!"

which one is better?

From your reply I know you really care about the most part of customers,but remember the most part is built up with singles.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    It's not fair to other customers for you to abuse our helpdesk because there were other customers that had urgent issues that needed to be dealt with at the time.

@hiphiphip0

Yup pretty much agree.. to call what joel did as abuse is a bit extreme, had joel put in a ticket to the billing department requesting a refund cause the port was blocked, Jon could have spun that to be abuse, since technically that should have been sent to the support department!! lol

Bottom line is they did not want to honor the refund policy and just giving their client a hard time!

• @greenvaluehost Will you do a 128 MB VPS plan for $15/year? Other minimum specs I require are 5 GB Disk Space, 150 GB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4 Address.

Please PM me if you can do this, thanks!

• @earl - We always honor our refund policy. He submitted a ticket to our billing department after it was requested of him and was granted a full refund without any hesitations.

@WellGrounded - Yes we can do this. I'll PM you soon with an order link.

Thanked by 1earl
  • My ticket was responded to, escalated and fixed pretty quickly. Now the control panel's down:
    There seems to have been a slight problem with our database, please try again later.

An inauspicious start...

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@squibs said:
    My ticket was responded to, escalated and fixed pretty quickly. Now the control panel's down:
    There seems to have been a slight problem with our database, please try again later.

An inauspicious start...

The VPS Control Panel is working perfectly fine for me. Could you please submit a ticket with a tracert so that we may further assist you with this issue?

• It seems to be a cookies thing. It will no longer load under Chrome, but I got in via a new session in firefox.

• @squibs - Great! I'll sent you a PM with an alternate link that you can try in case this happens again.

• @GreenValueHost Thanks.

I've done another reinstall and it's hung again. Server offline and unresponsive. Is there an issue with the reinstalls? I'm asking because I'm using the VPS to evaluate a number of hosting control panels, and I'll be reinstalling the OS to wipe the slate clean a number of times over the coming days.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@squibs - LET is not our helpdesk and we would really prefer issues to be handled in our helpdesk instead of LET. We always have a team of staff online in our helpdesk 24/7 however I am the only representative from our company that is on LET.

Could you please submit a ticket?

• Done.

• Are game servers allowed as long as they are not resource abusive?

• @Rob92 - Yes, they are.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Rob92 - Yes, they are.

Alright good to know thanks.

• @JerryHou said:
    I think converting is high CPU usage application...

well, someone recommend me cpulimit.. it works like a charm :)

• this possible to change billing circle to 3, 6 or 12 month payment
    becouse this time i just try and see server performance if i fill good and have good uptime then plan to continue it meybe change billing circle