Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need MOAR DEDI STORAGE - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need MOAR DEDI STORAGE

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

@Clouvider said:
    Supermicro E3-1241V3 2x 8TB HDD 16 GB 1Gbit/s 30 TB £55 / mo (+VAT) : >

Up for grabs then if anyone's interested :)

https://console.clouvider.co.uk/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=383

Thanked by 2Falzo Mr_Tom
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Mr_Tom is a new master of the Little Beast :)

Thanked by 3Mr_Tom Falzo chrisp
  • williewillie Member

Ground Control to Mr_Tom....

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Online are not letting me cancel this early. Worth a go, must remember to be careful around their specials in future.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

No refund policy?

• I am also looking for something a little smaller. Prefer the U.S. as that is where I live. Where I am now is OK, but I can only count on it for so long.

I have been looking at OneProvider and Online, but nothing seems worth especially in the U.S. The price they are asking I can go with some one for here, and get better service.

AuroraZ said: I am also looking for something a little smaller. Prefer the U.S.

The Dacentec 6 drive special? Don't think it's available all the time though but heard good things about them.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Nekki said: Online are not letting me cancel this early. Worth a go, must remember to be careful around their specials in future.

Did you explain the confusion around the non-recurring issue? I think if you've not yet installed an OS there's a strong case for an immediate refund.

Maybe @bene_online can help as he has in the Scaleway Credit issue thread?

• I own a server I colo with them. If I am going that route I will send them drives and upgrade it.

I had one of those and it was kind of nightmare to setup, but not bad when it was going. Might not have a enough proc juice to get the job done for me though.

I had almost forgotten about it really thank you for the reminder @Mr_Tom

AuroraZ said: I had almost forgotten about it really thank you for the reminder @Mr_Tom

There was a link earlier in this thread but it seems unavailable now.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Mr_Tom said:

AuroraZ said: I had almost forgotten about it really thank you for the reminder @Mr_Tom

There was a link earlier in this thread but it seems unavailable now.

Yeah seems so, but they also have other configs around the same price. Might have to get me a look see.

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@ITLabs said:
    Although not a dedi, there's a 3 TB storage in London coming soon from HostHatch:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3005380#Comment_3005380

@Nekki, @AuroraZ

I am acutely aware that you are looking for a dedi storage deal and by the grace of Emma Watson I am sure that surely you will soon find precisely that which you so diligently seek.

However - as I am personally ignorant with regard to the dedi scene (yet might nonetheless suggest checking in with @qps to see what's new and what's fresh, at least in the US) - but have recently been rather taken with the HostHatch storage product in Chicago (and elsewhere, but lately Chicago) so would just at this point venture to +1 the suggestion made in an earlier comment from @ITLabs, and put forth the vaguely anticipated HostHatch storage deals in London (and possibly also Chicago again) as perhaps the Next Best Thing, and thus something for you both to Keep in Mind should you find your storage cups runnething over at some point in the indeterminate future.

Now, there are surely some Things You Should Know about the HostHatch Experience but I'll just tl;dr it right here and perhaps look forward to Some Other Thread in which to explore the Gory Details and so forth.

tl;dr: HostHatch storage deals is good stuff to know about.

Wishing the very best of luck to both of you in your respective quests to procure Moar Dedicated Storages in the meantime.

Sincerely, etc.

• @uptime said:

@ITLabs said:
    Although not a dedi, there's a 3 TB storage in London coming soon from HostHatch:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3005380#Comment_3005380

@Nekki, @AuroraZ

I am acutely aware that you are looking for a dedi storage deal and by the grace of Emma Watson I am sure that surely you will soon find precisely that which you so diligently seek.

However - as I am personally ignorant with regard to the dedi scene (yet might nonetheless suggest checking in with @qps to see what's new and what's fresh, at least in the US) - but have recently been rather taken with the HostHatch storage product in Chicago (and elsewhere, but lately Chicago) so would just at this point venture to +1 the suggestion made in an earlier comment from @ITLabs, and put forth the vaguely anticipated HostHatch storage deals in London (and possibly also Chicago again) as perhaps the Next Best Thing, and thus something for you both to Keep in Mind should you find your storage cups runnething over at some point in the indeterminate future.

Now, there are surely some Things You Should Know about the HostHatch Experience but I'll just tl;dr it right here and perhaps look forward to Some Other Thread in which to explore the Gory Details and so forth.

tl;dr: HostHatch storage deals is good stuff to know about.

Wishing the very best of luck to both of you in your respective quests to procure Moar Dedicated Storages in the meantime.

Sincerely, etc.

I sent @Abdullah a message with some requirements and asking for a price quote. We will see what comes up with and go from there. Thank You @uptime, seems I may be getting old and forgetting a lot of things now.

Something a lot of people around here have to look forward to, and believe me it is not fun at all.

Thanked by 2ITLabs skorous
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2019

Intel Core i7 860
    8 GB RAM
    2 x 64 GB SSD
    2 x 2TB HDD
    1 Gbps Dedicated Port
    150TB Bandwidth
    1 IP Address
    $43/mo + Free Setup

[email protected]

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@AuroraZ indeed ... at one point I used to joke that addlement is an eventual inevitability in every person's life, so best to get comfortable with it while you're still young. But now ... that joke's not so funny any more! (Laughing anyway because what else can you do.)

My experience with HostHatch is that they (sometimes) don't always respond to tickets right away but eventually do follow up and always get things handled. And their stuff is with very rare exceptions just performing way beyond expectations - so that's the long and the short of it.

Thanked by 3ITLabs skorous AuroraZ
  • @uptime said:
    @AuroraZ indeed ... at one point I used to joke that addlement is an eventual inevitability in every person's life, so best to get comfortable with it while you're still young. But now ... that joke's not so funny any more! (Laughing anyway because what else can you do.)

My experience with HostHatch is that they (sometimes) don't always respond to tickets right away but eventually do follow up and always get things handled. And their stuff is with very rare exceptions just performing way beyond expectations - so that's the long and the short of it.

Appreciate the info, as long the server is up I do not require much of anything else. Most of my stuff runs off custom Slackware installs and not many people can even discern what the hell it doing, let alone support it.

As long as I have a console or rescue system I am good to go.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2019

Honestly @Nekki

Your budget is trash. Too much hentai & tentacles.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Mr_Tom said: No refund policy?

Dunno, but they're refusing to give me anything.

nullnothere said: Did you explain the confusion around the non-recurring issue? I think if you've not yet installed an OS there's a strong case for an immediate refund.

Explained, they said I was wrong, I point out exactly how I ordered the server and they just referred me to their previous answer so tough shit, basically.

uptime said: tl;dr: HostHatch storage deals is good stuff to know about.

Abdullah has already got in touch regarding their upcoming London offering; I would rather not have node neighbours so his storage product won't address this specific need, but the highly attractive pricing might see me as customer anyway, for the price even if I only use the storage as temporary holding for big collections of data.

MrRadic said: Intel Core i7 860

8 GB RAM
    2 x 64 GB SSD
    2 x 2TB HDD
    1 Gbps Dedicated Port
    150TB Bandwidth
    1 IP Address
    $43/mo + Free Setup

Not sure if that was aimed at me or @AuroraZ, if it's the former, I'm afraid the disks are 2 small and unless I'm mistaken you don't have an EU locations.

Hxxx said: Honestly @Nekki

Your budget is trash. Too much hentai & tentacles.

No such thing as too much.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Hello @Nekki,

Can you send me your ticket number in a PM, please ?
    I will then check your issue directly with my manager.

Cheers,
    Benedikt

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    I'm about to have a bunch of time on my hands, so after a dedi with moar storage.

Desired config:

SOME RAM
    SOME CPU
    2xHDD/SSD ANY SIZE
    2xHDD 4TB MIN
    1GB PORT
    EUROPA ZONE

BUDGET: approx 35 IMCREASINGLY WORTHLESS ENGLISH POUNDS

FUCK ME WITH YOUR DEDI OFFERS

You didn't mention how much SSD storage you want.
    But I can suggest you to check worldstream, online, servdiscount

Servdiscount have more chance..

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bene_online said:
    Hello @Nekki,

Can you send me your ticket number in a PM, please ?
    I will then check your issue directly with my manager.

Cheers,
    Benedikt

Thank you for getting things sorted out.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Thinking about it, I could also get away with 3x3TB if that makes things easier.

• @MrRadic If that was aimed at me, I have no use for ssds or the 150TB.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AuroraZ said: If that was aimed at me, I have no use for ssds or the 150TB.

It kind of feels like he just shot for the middle-ground between us and hoped for a bite.

• @Nekki said:

AuroraZ said: If that was aimed at me, I have no use for ssds or the 150TB.

It kind of feels like he just shot for the middle-ground between us and hoped for a bite.

Yeah I kind of felt that as well. reliablesite's prices aren't bad just not what I am looking for really.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

I don't even know who's looking for what at this point.

Thanked by 2Falzo ITLabs
  • probably need to wait for Blackfriday... or get a 5TB storagebox from hetzner and ask @Bopie for something extraordinary on one of his hetzner NMVe nodes for the remainder of your budget and to attach that storage to.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

MrRadic said: I don't even know who's looking for what at this point.

Any CPU
    Any RAM
    2x SSD + 2x4TB HDD or 3x3TB
    1Gb connection
    Few TB of transfer

I wanted EU but NY Metro area might work.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Falzo said: probably need to wait for Blackfriday...

By Black Friday I doubt I'll have the free time, but we'll see.

• Location NY, prefer CHI
    2 threads/2 Cores
    8 GB ram
    4-6 TB space
    1Gbps would be nice, but not needed if it's close enough.
    10TB transfer should it.