Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need MOAR DEDI STORAGE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need MOAR DEDI STORAGE

Comments

• vishvish Member

@Nekki split a H box with me, we each get 2 x 10TB, 16GB ram, 1Gbit and I'll even pay the setup fee.

• LeeLee Veteran

Mr_Tom said: Cobalt Raq 4

I still have two Cobalt RaQ 4i

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@vish said:
    @Nekki split a H box with me, we each get 2 x 10TB, 16GB ram, 1Gbit and I'll even pay the setup fee.

H means HENTAI?

@Mr_Tom said:
    Cobalt Raq 4? Optional NAS? On a 80/20 ADSL line? £35/month!

Bargain!

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Pretty sure I just did something dumb. Online.net 2x4TB impulse purchase.

• williewillie Member

Nekki said: Online.net 2x4TB impulse purchase.

I don't even see that on their site... what model? A normal item or some kind of oneprovider leftover?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:

Nekki said: Online.net 2x4TB impulse purchase.

I don't even see that on their site... what model? A normal item or some kind of oneprovider leftover?

It’s a special, 1 came back in stock... just as I happened to be browsing
    Intel® Xeon E3 1220

32 GB

2 x 4 TB

1 Gbit/sec, 150 Mbit/sec guaranteed.

• @Nekki said:

I've got 2 of those recently (assuming it's their discounted Store-1-S). Great server for the price, I wish it was recurring not only for 6 months lol :tongue:

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Electr0man said:

@Nekki said:

I've got 2 of those recently (assuming it's their discounted Store-1-S). Great server for the price, I wish it was recurring not only for 6 months lol :tongue:

Didn’t say anywhere it was only for 6 months?

• williewillie Member

Interesting... can I ask the price? Do they show up now and then? I still have a 2x1tb promo server of theirs... hard to bring myself to cancel, usual idler.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

€15.99 ex VAT, although if it really is a limited price that’s considerably less exciting. I knew it was a mistake.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

Nekki said: €15.99 ex VAT, although if it really is a limited price that’s considerably less exciting. I knew it was a mistake.

Been looking at them, the special is 6 months on them all, check the post-offer price, you might not be so excited. Seems to more or less double.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

Nekki said: €15.99 ex VAT, although if it really is a limited price that’s considerably less exciting. I knew it was a mistake.

Been looking at them, the special is 6 months on them all, check the post-offer price, you might not be so excited. Seems to more or less double.

Bit bad that there’s literally no reference to that on the page but fuck it, at least I know. I’ve raised a ticket, will just cancel if it’s shit.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

It’s on this page https://console.online.net/en/order/server

Proper shit if true.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

€40 after six months. Fuck that.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IF NO ONE MAKES ME OFFERS, I MAKE INCREASINGLY POOR DECISIONS THAT NEGATIVELY IMPACT ME FINANCIALLY.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

I'd at least hold onto it for the 6 months since that deal is amazing. Even afterwards it's not terrible. It's out of stock now too.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:
    I'd at least hold onto it for the 6 months since that deal is amazing. Even afterwards it's not terrible.

Already cancelled, not worth even setting up if I have to move in 6 months.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

Well I'm tempted now, wonder if I can grab it. IMHO it's worth putting together a few setup scripts since it makes installing a new server almost effortless and it makes your installations more uniform. I'm glad to have finally gotten around to it.

I'm tempted by the 5 eur C2350 but what the heck would I do with it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@willie said:
    Well I'm tempted now, wonder if I can grab it. IMHO it's worth putting together a few setup scripts since it makes installing a new server almost effortless and it makes your installations more uniform. I'm glad to have finally gotten around to it.

Well, I have asked the, to cancel the thing immediately as the pricing on the page was misleading, so it might come back momentarily.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I haven’t got time to write setup scripts, I do server setups maybe once or twice a year, it’s not worth the effort to automate. Moving 4TB of data every few months is also wholly unwelcome.

• williewillie Member

Yeah for 1 or 2 months I wouldn't do it, but 6 months, who knows, maybe something better will be available by then anyway.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

This is the problem; I don’t want to have to migrate. All that would likely happen is i’ll Have no time and i’ll end up paying the increased rate for 6 months + a few months of a ‘better’ plan until I have time to sort it out.

I have literally done this 3 times now, I even have a SYS special sitting there idling right now because I have not got round to setting it up for 3 months.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:
    THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IF NO ONE MAKES ME OFFERS, I MAKE INCREASINGLY POOR DECISIONS THAT NEGATIVELY IMPACT ME FINANCIALLY.

Supermicro E3-1241V3 2x 8TB HDD 16 GB 1Gbit/s 30 TB £55 / mo (+VAT) : >

Thanked by 3willie Mr_Tom uptime
  • @Nekki said:

Really?

But yeah, it wasn't indicated on https://console.online.net/en/order/server besides being marked as Limited offer. I don't remember if it was shown during the order process tbh.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@Nekki said:

Supermicro E3-1241V3 2x 8TB HDD 16 GB 1Gbit/s 30 TB £55 / mo (+VAT) : >

Just a bit too far north of where I want to be price wise. If I didn’t already have the beast, I’d snap it up though.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Electr0man said:

@Nekki said:

Really?

But yeah, it wasn't indicated on https://console.online.net/en/order/server besides being marked as Limited offer. I don't remember if it was shown during the order process tbh.

This is the problem, I just found the server on the second link without seeing any other pages, and nowhere on that page or in the checkout process is that made clear.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: Just a bit too far north of where I want to be price wise. If I didn’t already have the beast, I’d snap it up though.

:-O

Can I ask what spec your "beast" is?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Xeon E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    32GB RAM
    2x2TB
    2x8TB
    30TB transfer

£55 ex VAT

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • williewillie Member

Why do you want another dedi then? Just more space? Maybe Clouvider can put in some more drives, or swap the 2tb's for 8tb's or whatever.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I need space and separation. The existing server is running stuff that is very important to me, and I don't want to run additional services from that box.