Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which free web hosting control panel would you recommend? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which free web hosting control panel would you recommend?

13»

Comments

• @WebHostingUK Note: as much as I hate webmin, it will happily co-exist with CSF and Proxmox. Webmin gives a handy means to manipulate LVM layouts/allocations and CSF is much more comprehensive than the inbuilt firewall, IMHumbleO. Webmin will also make some/most backend server stuff easier.

This is the only time that I use the free webmin control panel, though I have played with virtualmin from time to time.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @WebHostingUK said:

@cimaserver said:
    I really like cyberpanel doing very well with WordPress sites

Only free though if it's just the one domain.

1 domain if you use litespeed Enterprise (cyberpanel Enterprise), if you choose to use openlitespeed it's unlimited domain.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited July 2019

I trust ISPconfig it is tested in production from timmiehosting and I personally run a big site for a client for close to 2 years with no issue... ...

Plus: Tested in production , It works , a lot documentation and recipes to offer advanced hosting

Minus is the strange UI and how you will work with it.. It will create crazy amounts of support load ... It is not an issue if you offer high end hosting starting from €19/mo but not high end market will suffer....

===============================================

Centos Web panel build with shared hosting in mind...

It will create support load similar to cPanel , I do not have experience with it stability and I really hope for it's security (Panel has great potential) if its developer puts effort on that

P.S he seems to sell ad space on the free version so you got to go with the pro one if you plan to use it in production .... so it is not free - but has scripted cgroups limits build in on the non free version

Vesta - I never used it I heard about the incident with their file servers - I do not know what measures they take that to not happened again ... (that got to be researched)!

What I like : It is so simple that it will create low support time (that is important) and as it is just white plain you can integrate it with any hosting html theme to make it look more pro for the end customer :) I like that core is based on bash and simplicity potentially emliminate some of potential for security mistakes

• app installer and Blest integration... it has SELEKTER plugin ...

you maybe got to add monit for monitoring restarting service and their tutorial for cgroups in one thread is very basic - 200 wotds blog post for cpu only

==================================================

Hestia - not in mind for share hosting (based on their discussion thread here) - they forked it and learned (Vesta mistakes as they guy that is writing say that they change it to use some public repositories

there also have been a lot of changes in what versions of software for the stack are installed and where these come from (official repos, sury, etc.)

If that is adopted upstream to Vesta it will make Vesta very strong contender ... and hestia strong vps panel for small managed customers..

==================================================

Kloxo MR - Real Story about 6 years ago 2 devs decided to fork it and start a small hosting company one of them even brag that they are so good that they push code upstream if I remember it correctly ... - short version It put them out of business... they had constant stability issues

Thanked by 2Ympker Falzo
  • @coolice said:

Kloxo MR - Real Story about 6 years ago 2 devs decided to fork it and start a small hosting company one of them even brag that they are so good that they push code upstream if I remember it correctly ... - short version It put them out of business... they had constant stability issues

>
    Is it 'real story'?

Thanked by 1coolice
  • BTW, ended up going with @Clouvider so I got a free copy of DirectAdmin.. Win win!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@WebHostingUK said:
    BTW, ended up going with @Clouvider so I got a free copy of DirectAdmin.. Win win!

Nice. Surely @Clouvider will offer great performance. I remember you not liking DA though? Have you gone with it just because it was added for free or lack of time to test other panels? :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @mustafaramadhan said:

@coolice said:

>
    Is it 'real story'?

Totally real from 2013, I do not know about the pushing upstream part... did you receive something from Bulgarian developers ? Company was Directhost in Bulgaria - EU... They forked your panel and was extremely cocky on the Bulgarian Webmaster Forums trashing everyone else for about 8 months until a hardware crash lead to realization that they are missing some backups (or not able to restore them) I do not know what the exact reason was ) Then it continue to went down hill with servers crashing services, which were not bring back automatically (or could not be bring back for some reason) and no one there to attempt to fix things for long hours and they end up selling what is left to another dev company which migrate customers to cPanel...

@rds100 if he still enters here can confirm the story

btw mratworks ssl is not auto renewed

• edited July 2019

@coolice said:

@mustafaramadhan said:

@coolice said:

>
    Is it 'real story'?

Totally real from 2013, I do not know about the pushing upstream part... did you receive something from Bulgarian developers ? Company was Directhost in Bulgaria - EU... They forked your panel and was extremely cocky on the Bulgarian Webmaster Forums trashing everyone else for about 8 months until a hardware crash lead to realization that they are missing some backups (or not able to restore them) I do not know what the exact reason was ) Then it continue to went down hill with servers crashing services, which were not bring back automatically (or could not be bring back for some reason) and no one there to attempt to fix things for long hours and they end up selling what is left to another dev company which migrate customers to cPanel...

@rds100 if he still enters here can confirm the story

I don't know about Bulgarian developers was forked my Kloxo-MR.

btw mratworks ssl is not auto renewed

I didn't found this issue in my servers.

• jsmcmjsmcm Member

WebCP.io has everything except softaculous. Blesta integration is on the cards

• @Ympker said:

@WebHostingUK said:
    BTW, ended up going with @Clouvider so I got a free copy of DirectAdmin.. Win win!

Nice. Surely @Clouvider will offer great performance. I remember you not liking DA though? Have you gone with it just because it was added for free or lack of time to test other panels? :)

Saves me having to renew my licence for another month from cPanel and pay for my old VPS for another month.

I can get everything migrated today as i've done the CentOS install, installed DirectAdmin, installed and configured CSF, installed Softaculous and made a few tweaks here and there :)

• Looks like VestaCP got this in the bag but some of the other are fairly close and I thought the Centos web panel would be higher.

I wonder if we should do a paid version and see which comes out on top? - Be interesting to see where cPanel and Directadmin are right about now.

• i was installing cyberpanel for my little project, and i love the cyberpanel at first glance,. . .

tough also had chance to try directadmin but it doesnt impress me much like cyberpanel does. idk why.

so, +1 for cyberpanel :)

• i spent almost a day trying out all panels and created an excel having pros and cons of each.

my main priorities were cpanel backup, email support, LE SSL

and i wanted something on ubuntu with apache and optional php version mangement.

so my choice for vesta but somehow their demo lacked showing all features.

so finally settled with cyberpanel which has cpanel import but not apache support.

so far, one laravel project didn't work well with them probably because of .htaccess rules, otherthan that...i am pretty happy with it for more than 2weeks.

• @seenu said:
    so far, one laravel project didn't work well with them probably because of .htaccess rules, otherthan that...i am pretty happy with it for more than 2weeks.

same with me, curerntly playing with cyberpanel. the UI is good as vestacp. the only problem with cyberpanel is laravel support or public path when installing LE. so its only support install LE on public_html but not public_html/public.

actually the problem with LE support with cyberpanel is also happen at vestacp. most user is using wordpress, that why most control panel developed to support wordpress only development.

• but with laravel, it is easy to fix.
    for each website, they have edit vhost conf option and i just add /public to the path and it should solve that problem.

vestacp: UI is okay for me but i find it hard checking all features available.... i don't even see options like creating add on domains etc in their demo, otherwise i would stick with vestacp only as it is developed in php and easy for me to customize and supports ubuntu, apache etc.

@andiklive said:

@seenu said:

same with me, curerntly playing with cyberpanel. the UI is good as vestacp. the only problem with cyberpanel is laravel support or public path when installing LE. so its only support install LE on public_html but not public_html/public.

actually the problem with LE support with cyberpanel is also happen at vestacp. most user is using wordpress, that why most control panel developed to support wordpress only development.

• Have a nice day,

It's not on your list, but you can use cyberpanel, which is free and includes the features you want. You can choose between multiple languages ​​and ease of use.

• VestaCP and Sentora.

Sentora with cpanel UI is attractive.

• It is safe to use Sentora? Personally, I found just one hosting provider using this panel. Never tried.

• Froxlor ^^ ,, is easy & nice ,, use a Big German Hoster(Paid) , Nitrado ^^

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • WebHostingUKWebHostingUK Member
    edited August 2019

@moderncloudhosting said:
    Have a nice day,

It's not on your list, but you can use cyberpanel, which is free and includes the features you want. You can choose between multiple languages ​​and ease of use.

Very limited, this is only for personal website as it says 1 domain?

1 Domain
    Unlimited Subdomains
    1 Worker Process
    2GB Ram Limit
    LSCache Included

• @WebHostingUK said:

Have a nice day,

1 Domain
    Unlimited Subdomains
    1 Worker Process
    2GB Ram Limit
    LSCache Included

Have a nice day,

When installed as a Free Openlitespeed can be used as an unlimited domain. However, if installed with Standard litespeed, there is a limit in the free version.

Installing CyberPanel vs Installing CyberPanel Ent

• @moderncloudhosting said:

@WebHostingUK said:

Have a nice day,

1 Domain
    Unlimited Subdomains
    1 Worker Process
    2GB Ram Limit
    LSCache Included

Have a nice day,

When installed as a Free Openlitespeed can be used as an unlimited domain. However, if installed with Standard litespeed, there is a limit in the free version.

Installing CyberPanel vs Installing CyberPanel Ent

Thanks, that clears things up.

I think we can say VestaCP won this poll.

• Kloxo-MR then OviPanel, but kloxo-mr is not getting any updates since last year.

• @Francisco said:
    Everyone is.

;)

As for vetting, it's not that hard.

Francisco

Following

• @benYahweh said:
    Following

Congrats on your first comment

• @jsmcm said:
    WebCP.io has everything except softaculous. Blesta integration is on the cards

I just saw the ad on the right corner; this panel seems familiar

https://webcp.io/pricing/

• Where is BrainyCP (brainycp.com) and FastPanel (fastpanel.direct) ?