Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzen 3900X VPS 1GB $3.48 2GB $6.96 NVMe - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ryzen 3900X VPS 1GB $3.48 2GB $6.96 NVMe

124»

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

MikeA said: I upped the bandwidth limit for all VPS to 10TB, after 10TB it will be slowed to 10Mbps.

• dphamdpham Member

100% dedicated resource or shared?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

@dpham said:

Technically CPU isn't dedicated but I am pretty sure it's been years since I've ever had an issue with someone using too much CPU resources, and those were on 4 core CPUs, so feel free to max out the resources on this 12c/24t CPU. Otherwise RAM and NVMe space is obviously guaranteed.

• @MikeA said:

@dpham said:

Technically CPU isn't dedicated but I am pretty sure it's been years since I've ever had an issue with someone using too much CPU resources, and those were on 4 core CPUs, so feel free to max out the resources on this 12c/24t CPU. Otherwise RAM and NVMe space is obviously guaranteed.

Hi, when will you have these plans available again?

• Maybe ~ a month from the OP when people cancel the 70% off one month only plans

Thanked by 1vimalware

@cimaserver said:
    Hi, when will you have these plans available again?

I'm not sure, sorry. There is some space available on a 2700 with SATA SSDs, but it will be sometime next month until a new system like this one (3900X, NVMe) is setup probably. The hardware I currently have waiting is going to different things that's a higher priority right now.

• Who want to cancel a plan? I want 4gb plan with recurring coupon.

@lovelyserver said:
    Who want to cancel a plan? I want 4gb plan with recurring coupon.

On the 21st some will be cancelled that will total 7GB RAM.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • williewillie Member
    edited August 2019

I've seen reports of people using Ryzen 3000 with 128gb of ram in 460-based motherboards if that matters. That is using 32gb dimms which might cost more per GB though (don't know). Can I ask what you are using for ECC dimms?

The new Epycs are interesting too of course.

edited August 2019

@willie said:
    I've seen reports of people using Ryzen 3000 with 128gb of ram in 460-based motherboards if that matters. That is using 32gb dimms which might cost more per GB though (don't know). Can I ask what you are using for ECC dimms?

128GB RAM works with 3000 series regardless of the motherboard I think (maybe with bios update?) 128GB RAM works with X470 with 3000 series. I have one that I just setup that's being used for Minecraft servers. I don't think I will use 128GB for a VPS system though, I don't like putting so many VPS on a single server for a few reasons, and yes I changed my mind from some of my above posts, so I don't use any 32GB ECC memory.

Thanked by 3uptime willie eva2000
  • HxxxHxxx Member

ok important questions.

How reliable is ExtraVM?
    Where it is incorporated?
    Is the owner from the USA?

Would you say it is comparable with high quality providers like RamNode, BuyVM, Digital Ocean, Vultr?

Would you trust them for business / serious purposes?

edited August 2019

If anyone wants a 1GB or 2GB plan PM me, there is one that is being cleared later.

@Hxxx said:
    ok important questions.
    How reliable is ExtraVM?
    Would you say it is comparable with high quality providers like RamNode, BuyVM, Digital Ocean, Vultr?
    Would you trust them for business / serious purposes?

Maybe someone who's used me for a long time can answer, but most long term clients aren't from LET. I have people who've used some of my VPS for business purposes for years.

Where it is incorporated?
    Is the owner from the USA?

You can look up ExtraVM LLC in Texas SOS site for registration, it has been registered since 2014, ExtraVM is a bit older than that though.. I live in Texas.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • williewillie Member
    edited August 2019

It sounds like you're using 16gb ecc dimms though. I'm wondering if they are hard to find and if they cost a lot more than non-ecc. I hope you don't mind my asking stuff like this. I'm still thinking about building a personal server with a 3700X. Thanks.

edited August 2019

@willie said:
    It sounds like you're using 16gb ecc dimms though. I'm wondering if they are hard to find and if they cost a lot more than non-ecc. I hope you don't mind my asking stuff like this. I'm still thinking about building a personal server with a 3700X. Thanks.

I haven't spent much time looking since I don't need any DDR4 32GB ECC unb, but they don't look easy to get if even available. Maybe contact the manufacturers and ask. I mostly use non-ECC since basically everything I run on Ryzen is game servers, and it's cheaper.

• I found some ECC unbuffered 16gb dimms online at not too big a price premium. I guess I should have just looked before asking. I remember some time back they were hard to find but it is easier now unless I'm confused.

For a personal server I'm fine with 16gb or probably even smaller dimms, since I don't need a whole lot of memory. Thanks :).

• ernierni Member

Do you have any test IP for Singapore?

@erni said:
    Do you have any test IP for Singapore?

It is the OVH network in Singapore.
    https://sgp.lg.extravm.com

Btw, if anyone wanted these, the Ryzen 3900X KVM plans are available now but limited as 1GB RAM, 2GB RAM and 4GB RAM.

Thanked by 1Aluminat
  • Unfortunately, ryz42 is no longer a valid promo code

• Yeah, ryz42 not working. The other one is fine

@coleplx said:
    Yeah, ryz42 not working. The other one is fine

@lawang21 said:
    Unfortunately, ryz42 is no longer a valid promo code

The promos are limited to between 20-30 uses. I requested the thread to be locked so it's not bumped about it or off topic.

• Just going to say before the thread is locked, that I got one of these on the 1 month trial and have been using it more than I expected and enjoying it a lot. I can't justify keeping it because I have too many other machines already, but I'm going to miss it when it expires.

This discussion has been closed.