Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best dedicated server I can get for 70 USD per month? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best dedicated server I can get for 70 USD per month?

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

#disks

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • For 30 EUR or 50 OVH is top . Because right now no one from Public Datacenters can offer E5-1270v6 for 50 EUR. So our vote is for OVH

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • imokimok Member

@comXyz said:
    ... my test tools just destroy the disks, only datacenter grade SSD can survive

I didn't see this before recommending the providers.

I agree with @jsg.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@imok said:

@comXyz said:
    ... my test tools just destroy the disks, only datacenter grade SSD can survive

I didn't see this before recommending the providers.

I agree with @jsg.

No problems, thanks.

• @comXyz said:

@Janevski said:

@comXyz said:

jsg said: Then NO provider should accept you as client. Such test should be done in your own lab. Just buy some disks of your choice and play with those.

REALLY?

Yes.

Thanks God you guys are not providers

Why would you say that?

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@Janevski said:

@comXyz said:

@Janevski said:

@comXyz said:

jsg said: Then NO provider should accept you as client. Such test should be done in your own lab. Just buy some disks of your choice and play with those.

REALLY?

Yes.

Why would you say that?

If you have reading ability, the info was all posted above

• @comXyz said:

@Janevski said:

@comXyz said:

@Janevski said:

@comXyz said:

REALLY?

Yes.

Why would you say that?

If you have reading ability, the info was all posted above

What makes you think i have reading ability or disability?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Janevski said: What makes you think

Potatoe! Potatoe makes me think. Makes me think I am dreaming ...

EDIT2: Also, Potassiums! Potassiums makes me think more goodly.

Here is nice picture! For the cognitively impaired:

Thanked by 2Janevski ITLabs
  • Who needs to read. Google crawler helps with that

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:
    Potatoe! Potatoe makes me think. Makes me think I am dreaming ...

Me thinking:

Thanked by 2uptime Janevski
  • comXyzcomXyz Member

Thanks guys, got what I need for around $590 per year.

• uptime said: Potatoe! Potatoe makes me think. Makes me think I am dreaming ...

When you stare at the potatoe, the potatoe stares back at you.
    Potassium is just another abyss and the echo is simply the light reflected from this skewed mirror, subjected to potassion laws of thermodynamics.
    Or as @deank would put it:
    "Nigh is the opposite side of beginning."
    All making this little time we have here more valuable to us, once we realize it's mostly a nightmare.
    It's the theatre of the absurd.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

Amount of ssd space needed is also never stated anywhere, nature of tests is left a big mystery, RAID requirement is a strange combination with a testing app, => this thread is overall lame. Someone close it?

• DUAL XEON E5-2670V2,128 GB DDR3,8 TB HDD,Unmetered/shared 1 Gbps port,New York

• uptimeuptime Member

@willie said:
    this thread is overall lame. Someone close it?

Are cognitive potassiums and illuminated Potatoe not satisfactory for your needs?

anyway, too late, claiming this thread as Soverign Territorah.

This is now a Free Thread, travelling across the Land!

Thanked by 2Janevski ITLabs
  • dicks

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

oh, fur fox sake!

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @comXyz said:
    Thanks guys, got what I need for around $590 per year.

who? the spec?

• comXyzcomXyz Member
    edited July 2019

sibaper said: who?

Too many disks, can't disclose.

sibaper said: the spec?

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 V2 @ 3.50GHz
    Number of cores : 8
    CPU frequency : 1600.164 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 422.5 GB (12.1 GB Used) (4x240 datacenter SSD HW RAID 10)
    Total amount of Mem : 32099 MB (3235 MB Used)

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited July 2019

@comXyz said:

sibaper said: who?

Too many disks, can't disclose.

First of all, you are asking for help.

Secondly, you're testing something that only ent. ssd can survive but still blaming God that those users aren't providers.

I'm still not sure what kind of test that could be? If it was meant for RAM usage then there should be definitely reason behind it.

If you really can't control what you are doing (not sure if you understand what are you doing?), just please leave server alone and save this enterprise SSDs for people that could USE AT LEAST for something.

Also, if you can't talk properly, I'm not sure what the fuck are you doing here then?

Sorry, it was you who was selling gapps accounts? Makes sense now.

• williewillie Member

alexvolk said: Sorry, it was you who was selling gapps accounts? Makes sense now.

Still doesn't make sense to me.

• @willie said:
    Still doesn't make sense to me.

Using LET only as a place where he could sell gapps accounts as well as some trash domains.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

LOL

• ITLabsITLabs Member

Mass and energy are the same physical entity and can be changed into each other. Because of this equivalence, the energy a potatoe has due to its motion will increase its mass. In other words, the faster a potatoe moves, the greater its mass.

• williewillie Member

alexvolk said: Using LET only as a place where he could sell gapps accounts as well as some trash domains.

I thought you meant the gapps accounts had something to do with the ssd destruction project.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

What are you testing that "destroys" the hard drives!?! LOL Sounds extreme!

• comXyzcomXyz Member

oneilonline said: What are you testing that "destroys" the hard drives!?! LOL Sounds extreme!

LOL, nothing special, but I see the disk usage almost always 100%, if the disks are not datacenter SSD, so I worry the disks will be destroyed. I see the same thing on my heavy load Lucene server

• williewillie Member

Nothing special but you are sure secretive about whatever this non-special thing is. If it's that disk-intensive for other than disk-intensiveness's own sake, it could probably benefit from some careful thought about data representation and layout. Or maybe just machines with more ram.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

@willie there are advantages and disadvantages. In my case the datacenter SSD is good enough, the data is permanent, datacenter SSD under RAID 10 still much cheaper than RAM

• williewillie Member

It's also pretty weird to have a lucene server with very high write load. Read load is different of course.