Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc Issues - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc Issues

Comments

• LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

and guys this is my first claim for 15 years with paypal

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@HostDoc said:
    Thank you for making the end of my birthday as crappy as @MikeA bone dry jokes.

Sir.

• I can confirm this is exactly how this went down.

I can also confirm there is a pattern, particularly involving SGP services, where a VPS will be purchased, immediately every core hits the roof for hours if left alone, and the customer is always "benchmarking" - and when called out on the excessive use, proceed to threaten PayPal disputes and worse.

Make of that what you will..

Thanked by 2vimalware uptime
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2019
    00:19
    i just dont like to be disconnected for some tech reasons, this will harm my business

Oddly curious what business it is

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

dahartigan said: an confirm this is exactly how this went down.

I can also confirm there is a pattern, particularly involving SGP services, where a VPS will be purchased, immediately every core hits the roof for hours if left alone, and the customer is always "benchmarking" - and when called out on the excessive use, proceed to threaten PayPal disputes and worse.

Make of that what you will..

not true it was my will

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@HostDoc said:
    Transcript to follow, I just need to make sure nothing personal is there.

Did you forget about removing his name?

• LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

i just dont like to be disconnected for some tech reasons, this will harm my business

how do you get that chat? can post it full?

• @jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

The Paypal is under a different name, so, this one is probably fake.

edited July 2019

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

You can't be sure though. Don't release clients names in future - I see this far too often from others both here and over on WHT and we as an industry need to crack down on it.

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited July 2019

@Lviv said:

how do you get that chat? can post it full?

That is the full chat, start to finish, as you can see from hello to visitor leaves.
    Would you also like the first chat where we mentioned the throttling? I'd be happy to oblige

• @jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

You can't be sure though. Don't release clients names in future.

I have noticed, you, Mike and a disgrunted Australian client are always the first in my dispute threads on the field for the client.

How about this, don't be so damn involved in my business. You have your own business, stay involved with that.

edited July 2019

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

I have noticed, you, Mike and a disgrunted Australian client are always the first in my dispute threads on the field for the client.

How about this, don't be so damn involved in my business. You have your own business, stay involved with that.

I will involve myself in whatever threads I like. This is a public forum after all.

If you hadn't released your clients name (fake or not - who knows) I wouldn't have posted. Don't like my posts - be more careful in future and I won't need to post in your clients rant threads.

• @HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

You can't be sure though. Don't release clients names in future.

someone's angry

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

Well I edited out the name to Vit on the post to just exercise caution.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@HostDoc said:

I made a lame joke, sorry if you took it the wrong way. I browse LET like half the day, controversial threads are the most popular, so may as well join the club.

• @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Well I edited out the name to to Vit on the post to just exercise caution.

Should prolly edit OPs quote of the quote too

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

HostDoc said: The Paypal is under a different name, so, this one is probably fake.

nice, but don't count on this, mine data is correct and legit

HostDoc said: That is the full chat, start to finish, as you can see from hello to visitor leaves.

Would you also like the first chat where we mentioned the throttling? I'd be happy to oblige

that is not a full chat, what are you hiding?

• @jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

I will involve myself in whatever threads I like. This is a public forum after all.

If you hadn't released your clients name (fake or not - who knows) I wouldn't have posted. Don't like my posts - be more careful in future and I won't need to post.

You are welcome to involve yourself. I agree.
    You just seem to like to involve yourself in all of my disputes. Even when I prove without a doubt there was no wrong doing.
    But hey, involve yourself where you want. But never forget you also have your business that needs attention you.

• grrr doc angry doc bite grrr 😤😠

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @Lviv said:

HostDoc said: The Paypal is under a different name, so, this one is probably fake.

nice, but don't count on this, mine data is correct and legit

HostDoc said: That is the full chat, start to finish, as you can see from hello to visitor leaves.

that is not a full chat, what are you hiding?

LOL

@dahartigan
    If you will, please go to the chat transcripts and post it word forword here in any format you please.

• very interesting case to read as @HostDoc offered full refund yet he still opened dispute :smile:

Sorting out with provider is ideal for most cases and having patient by both side especially when that's to begin the relationship for short/long.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited July 2019

@HostDoc said:
    @dahartigan
    If you will, please go to the chat transcripts and post it word forword here in any format you please.

Conversation started on Tuesday, July 9 2019, 08:31
    ================================================================

[08:31] Visitor navigated to https://clientsarea.hostdoc.co.uk/
    [08:31] Customer Support (System Message) : Welcome to our site, if you need help simply reply to this message, we are online and ready to help.
    [08:32] <CUSTOMER> : Hi
    [08:32] HostDoc has joined the conversation.
    [08:33] HostDoc : Hi.
    How can I help?
    [08:33] <CUSTOMER> : How to open a Support Ticket?
    [08:33] HostDoc : From client area. On the left
    [08:34] <CUSTOMER> : i see but under support i cant fin open a ticket
    [08:35] HostDoc : It is the first option under support. It says "Tickets"
    [08:35] <CUSTOMER> : ok
    [08:36] <CUSTOMER> : what next?
    [08:36] HostDoc : That is it. Type your ticket and submit
    [08:37] HostDoc has left the conversation.
    [08:37] HostDoc has joined the conversation.
    [08:37] HostDoc : What is your ticket about?
    [08:38] <CUSTOMER> : it's not like that, I see Showing 0 to 0 of 0 entries
    [08:38] HostDoc : I do not understand.
    [08:40] <CUSTOMER> : ok. I\m new, and mine vps shows very low disk write https://serverscope.io/trials/l4vP
    [08:40] <CUSTOMER> : is it ok?
    [08:41] <CUSTOMER> : sorry Disk Read
    [08:41] HostDoc : Your CPU was throttled about 10 minutes ago due to using 400% CPU for more than 30 minutes consistently
    [08:41] HostDoc : That is all of your cores.
    You are in a shared environment.
    [08:41] <CUSTOMER> : it wat a test
    [08:42] <CUSTOMER> : was a test
    [08:42] HostDoc : Yes, a very long one
    [08:42] <CUSTOMER> : how it is
    [08:42] HostDoc : It was monitored using 400% for 45 minutes before throttling
    [08:42] <CUSTOMER> : what about that Disk Read?
    [08:44] HostDoc : When your instance is throttled, it affects everything and not only CPU.
    We have had issues in SG and are taking a much stricter stance in SG.
    Zero tolerance to shared abuse
    [08:44] HostDoc : Run a bench or nench, it uses all of your cores in a burst fashion
    [08:44] HostDoc : 400% for 3-4 minutes
    [08:45] HostDoc : I will remove the throttle
    [08:45] HostDoc : Bear in mind we monitor closely
    [08:45] <CUSTOMER> : im sorry it was a test from serverscope.io
    [08:47] HostDoc : Your instance is now normal again
    [08:48] HostDoc : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash
    [08:48] <CUSTOMER> : thank you!
    [08:48] HostDoc : Friendly short script
    [08:48] HostDoc : It uses burst and not prolonged use
    [08:48] <CUSTOMER> : ok)
    [08:49] <CUSTOMER> : I have 2 are they ok?
    [08:50] HostDoc : Yes, they are
    [08:50] <CUSTOMER> : thank you!
    [08:50] HostDoc : You are welcome.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AzenotAzenot Member

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

If you hadn't released your clients name (fake or not - who knows) I wouldn't have posted. Don't like my posts - be more careful in future and I won't need to post.

You just seem to like to involve yourself in all of my disputes. Even when I prove without a doubt there was no wrong doing.
    But hey, involve yourself where you want. But never forget you also have your business that needs attention you.

In this topic we discuss your business, not @jackb.

• @Azenot said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb fucked my goat

• @SirFoxy said:
    @jackb fucked my goat

Who is your goat?

• @mrclown said:

@SirFoxy said:
    @jackb fucked my goat

Who is your goat?

@Yura is my 🐐

@ITLabs is my 🐦

Thanked by 3vimalware Yura ITLabs
  • AzenotAzenot Member
    edited July 2019

@SirFoxy said:

@Azenot said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb fucked my goat

In the next time, he will offer you "fuck selektor": to fuck you or your goat. Ok?

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • LvivLviv Member

@HostDoc, i have 2 questions

1) why a cybertech has a private chat conversation
    2) what I did wrong and what you refused to refund me?

@HostDoc said:

So I was curious what you were talking about as I don't feel I've ever singled you out. I will call out behaviour by hosts that I personally feel doesn't meet the standard customers in the industry should expect. It is never targeted at anyone in particular, though admittedly I can be harsher towards people who should know better.

The only other thread I could find was this one below, where you made a mistake; I pointed it out and you said you can improve on that.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2931437/#Comment_2931437

And it looks like you have taken my advice - in this thread, you throttled him rather than powering him off.

• @Azenot said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

@jackb said:

@HostDoc said:

Sure, members of the public.
    When its a competitior, well....

This discussion has been closed.