Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostDoc Issues - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostDoc Issues

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

@MikePT said:

@hardgamers said:

@Lviv said:
    but I will not receive my money and said good lack to PayPal refund

do you ask for refund to hostdoc first or open paypal dispute first ?

^

If you opened a dispute before asking for the money back then it is their right to not refund you.

But to avoid bad PR prolly best to just refund.

Also, peepeepoopoo.

Heh. It depends on the issue. We have only heard one side of the story!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • CoffeeCoffee Member

Lviv said: some benchmark

You mean more than once?

Lviv said: not allowed to use 4 cores

Maybe it's mean that you can't use all the vCPU assigned to you for xx period of time. How many times did you run the benchmark?

I installed DA last night and system load is above 3.0 (4 vCPU) for 10-15minutes, it's still running now, no message about warning whatsoever, or just because I'm not hit their limits.
    Now I'm curious about their CPU policy because there will be compression task on my VPS.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LvivLviv Member

MikePT said: If you opened a dispute before asking for the money back then it is their right to not refund you.

that is not true, I was asking 2 or more times

• LvivLviv Member

@HostDoc can you post a full chat here?

• uptimeuptime Member

@Lviv - how much was the amount you requested to refund ?

@Lviv said:
    he said he has 7-days return policy

sort of ...

from https://kvm.doctor/terms-of-service/

Refunds | Chargebacks
    Non of the Dedicated Server, VPS or Cloud Services rendered by HostDoc are eligible for a refund unless explicitly stated, in which case, the buyer shall be entitled to a refund within the first 7 days after service activation. Prepayments and account credit are ineligible to be refunded, or transferred to alternate accounts. Any and all charge disputes must be reported directly to HostDoc within seven (7) days of the date which the charge originally occurred. If a charge which is deemed valid by HostDoc, and validated by our Terms of Service or AUP, is disputed to a financial institution by performing a charge-back, then the client agrees to pay an ‘Administrative Fee’ of £200 in addition to original amount of funds which were reclaimed.HostDoc occasionally runs promotions offering FREE domain names or discounted hosting/vps hosting to customers signing up for a new web hosting account. These special offers are strictly non refundable and are not included in any form of money back guarantee’s unless explicity stated. In the event that the service is unusable due to unresponsive network, hardware defect, failure to provision within a suitable time OR the service has been active for less than 12 hours and the end user find’s the service not to their liking, a refund will be processed.7 Day refund guarantee is based on the trialing of the service with “reasonable” resource usage. If more than 20GB Bandwidth has been used in the 7 days, no refund will be due.

• did u buy from flash deal? flash deal has no refund.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LvivLviv Member

@Coffee said:

Lviv said: some benchmark

You mean more than once?

Lviv said: not allowed to use 4 cores

Maybe it's mean that you can't use all the vCPU assigned to you for xx period of time. How many times did you run the benchmark?

I installed DA last night and system load is above 3.0 (4 vCPU) for 10-15minutes, it's still running now, no message about warning whatsoever, or just because I'm not hit their limits.
    Now I'm curious about their CPU policy because there will be compression task on my VPS.

It was 1 time and yes it might consume some CPU and other staff for some time, I was sorry bud I didn't like how it was handled and asked for a simple refund

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

Well did you spazz out in the ticket or live chat?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

PieHasBeenEaten said: Well did you spazzed out in the ticket or live chat?

I didn't know how to open the ticket so this was my first question and it was the live chat at his site

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Interesting. The doctor needs a doctor maybe.

• uptimeuptime Member

PieHasBeenEaten said: did you spazz out

@Lviv - "spazz out" is a colloquial term indicating a display of agitation with overtones of irritation, indignation, and perhaps a spergy splash of "lalala I can't hear you" :)

• LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

cybertech said: did u buy from flash deal? flash deal has no refund.

he said it has 7 days refund and then disabled my services, I have used it for several hours to yum update and test only

• uptimeuptime Member

would just note the potentially crazymaking dynamic in this thread of several people popping somewhat leading questions at @Lviv more or less simultaneously

good times, lol.

take a deep breath

My questions:

1) how much money / time will this cost @Lviv and/or @HostDoc ?
    2) might there be something more @HostDoc could do to smooth out any rough edges in their customer relation management processes ?

• LvivLviv Member

1) £5.99 GBP + £4.99 GBP

not a big money but he was willing not to refund it

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LvivLviv Member

uptime said: 2) might there be something more @HostDoc could do to smooth out any rough edges in their customer relation management processes ?

yes, please

• let the hunger games begin!

• @Lviv said:

@hardgamers said:

@Lviv said:

yes, at the beginning and the end, so twice or even more

you are not answering my question ...

did you ask for refund and when they doesn't want to give refund then you going to paypal and open dispute

OR

you going to paypal first and open dispute, then you going to hostdoc and ask for refund ?

• @hardgamers said:

@Lviv said:

@hardgamers said:

@Lviv said:

yes, at the beginning and the end, so twice or even more

you are not answering my question ...

did you ask for refund and when they doesn't want to give refund then you going to paypal and open dispute

OR

you going to paypal first and open dispute, then you going to hostdoc and ask for refund ?

umm read his answer it might help

• LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

hardgamers said: you are not answering my question ...

OR

at first it was a nice chat ....

I have asked 2 or more times (first time like a strike at the beginning), after all, he said some tech, and than good luck with the dispute and good night

• @MikeA said:
    Interesting. The doctor needs a doctor maybe.

Funny. Har Har Har.

Okay guys, I am here now, was sleeping, this will be long so rather than eplaining, I will just share the entire transcript.

Long story short, client used 400% of 4 cores doing a serverscope for nearly an hour. When he mentioned what he was doing, I unthrottled him, gave him a new script that finishes faster and he went away happy and even purchased a second instance.
    Bear in mind this is SG which I am already sensitive about and adamant and users having a great experience.

Transcript to follow, I just need to make sure nothing personal is there.

Thanked by 3MikeA coreflux Galeej
  • LvivLviv Member

SirFoxy said: umm read his answer it might help

can you explain would you mean?

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited July 2019

Visitor navigated to Client Area - HostDoc Hosting

Vit
    00:03
    hi

HostDoc (Me)
    00:04
    Hi

Vit
    00:04
    what's your refund policy?

HostDoc (Me)
    00:06
    We offer a 7 day refund for plans available via our site
    Promotional offers do not have a refund guarantee.
    If it is a birthday offer, that too will have a 7 day refund

Vit
    00:07
    it's about today offer

HostDoc (Me)
    00:08
    That would be my birthday splash then?

Vit
    00:08
    yes

HostDoc (Me)
    00:09
    Well, that is the policy.
    Was there a reason for you asking about it?

Vit
    00:13
    yes, you gave me a worning after a simple(or not) test and i dont thik i can work with you, i dont like to be disabled at any moment.

HostDoc (Me)
    00:15
    I did not give you a warning. I throttled you reducing your CPU to our fair share amount of 25% and disabling burst.
    Disabling you would have been either an immediate suspension or killing your instance.
    They are two different things. One is a nice way keeping you online. The other is abrupt.

Vit
    00:19
    i just dont like to be disconnected for some tech reasons, this will harm my business

HostDoc (Me)
    00:21
    Once again. You were not disconneted. If you were, you would have lost connection.
    You were throttled. Keeping you online while bringing your CPU usage under control.
    Any host who will allow you to use 400% CPU non stop and allow your neighbours to do the same will no doubt interrupt your business because the service is not usable and everyone is abusing.
    We like to be responsible.
    If that does not fit with your business then okay.

Vit
    00:25
    i understand that i dont have 4 core dedicated, but shit happens, what if your CPU fair policy anyway?

HostDoc (Me)
    00:30
    Shit happens??
    Okay, lets take this scenario.
    Your neighbours mysql 6 core instance runs out of control using 600% non stop and raising the load to 40.
    The owner is unaware and the VPS is slowing down everyones VPS on the node.
    Rather than suspending and taking his mysql offline, we throttle it and bring irt back within reasonable usage until the owner fixes.
    The other alternative is immediately suspending for abuse.
    Under your "shit happens", nobody on the node will be able to use it if your processes run wild.
    If suspended, you will not be happy even though your processes were causing a problem for other clients.
    As a median, we throttle, keeping you online and other clients happy.

You are free to go elsewhere and I will be happy to refund you as I cannot spend the last minutes of my birthday in a chat such as this. It is ridiculous.

vCores=25% is our policy with the ability to burst up to one hour a day

Vit
    00:36
    i know that and i agree but don`t you have something like cloudlinux to limit the users on demand?

HostDoc (Me)
    00:37
    Cloudlinux is for shared hosting and does exactly what I have been saying.
    When abuse is detected, it throttles.
    That is what I do, I throttle/limit the instance while keeping it online

Vit
    00:39
    ok, i'm fine whith throttling for some time, just don`t disable me

HostDoc (Me)
    00:41
    So long as you ensure your instance is secure and not compromised, throttling will also be our solution for abuse.
    If you have been compromised, then to protect our network, you will have to be disabled.
    So long as your instance is secure and no abuse takes place, we shall never have a reason to intervene your usage

Vit
    00:47
    ok. i'm ok whith that lets see that happens next. But It's strange for me, it's my first conversation like this for 15 years, i feel like I'm on very shared hosting(((

HostDoc (Me)
    00:48
    Welcome to the HostDoc difference.
    We understand clients will need support, and offer instant support as opposed to send a ticket, wait a few hours for a canned and unhelpful response, then send again, wait etc.
    With live chat, we can iron out any issue immediately therefore increasing efficiency

Vit
    01:04
    i would like to keep those offers but i have have to know what is my limits, what i paid for. Can you give a full refund? becouse i dont think i can trust you whith my projects in this conditions

HostDoc (Me)
    01:06
    Sure you can.
    All refunds are minus the gateway fee we are charged.
    I cannot continually spend 1 hour in live chat to be asked for a refund at the end. My time is worth more than that so I will happily process your refund as soon as is possible.
    It is now 1am here, so please open a ticket so your refund request can be tracked.

Vit
    01:08
    my time isn't worthless too, and i spend more that you to be fair

HostDoc (Me)
    01:09
    I'm sure it is.
    Please open a ticket for the refund and use the cancellation feature in your client dashboard to cancel the service.

Vit
    01:11
    i dont know how to open a ticket, that was my first question

HostDoc (Me)
    01:11
    Which I answered. Under the support section on the menu to the left if clicked, there is a sub menu with "Tickets"
    Click that

Vit
    01:12
    there are no buttons like open new ticket

HostDoc (Me)
    01:12
    Click tickets
    01:13
    It then presents the option to open a ticket

Vit
    01:15
    i dont see that

HostDoc (Me)
    01:16
    It is impossible to miss.
    I do not understand how you do not see it.
    In fact, open ticket is directly below support, no need to click tickets

Vit
    01:17
    i will send a screenshot

HostDoc (Me)
    01:17

Screenshot_2019-07-09 Client Area - HostDoc Hosting.png
    78.84KB png

Vit
    01:30
    ok can you just cancel this 2 services and refund?

HostDoc (Me)
    01:32
    We need to follow procedure. You will need to cancel the service and open a ticket so it can be tracked.
    You have wasted a further 30 minutes of my time asking for a button that isclearly visible without the need to look as is evident from the screenshot.
    01:34
    I believe I have now answered all relevant queries and shall end this live chat that has laster 1hour 30minutes.
    Have a good day.

Vit
    01:36
    will you refund or not? i was asked about it from the start
    01:56
    ok . i have opened climes whith paypal

HostDoc (Me)
    01:56
    Great.
    Now I can ban you wasting my time
    01:57
    Your refund was always offered
    Read back
    Now there is an admin fee for fighting the claim for the gateway fee
    With this chat transcript alone we will win
    Goodbye
    01:58
    Visitor left

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2019

Lol. Just, lol

I persoanlly would like my CPU throttled rather than get the VM suspended and have to ticket and wait for another few hours exp!aining, etc.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@Lviv said:
    1) £5.99 GBP + £4.99 GBP

not a big money but he was willing not to refund it

well total £10.98 would buy a decent-size sack of potatoes ... Seems that the refund "policy" isn't exactly user-friendly here in my opinion - it is more or less spelled out in the terms and conditions though. The "12 hours / 20 GB" parts add an interesting wrinkle. Just read the chat log. Nevermind. Refund policy seems more than reasonable under the circumstances.

As for the 4 vcores advertised on both the KS and SG deals - one might expect that would mean it is permissible to use more than one core at a time.

not sure exactly what's involved in running "some serverscope benchmarks" - this could go either way ...

still - my understanding is that exercising CPU up to an hour per day is generally within bounds on a HostDoc deal

EDIT2:

Just read the chat log. Alrighty then. Nevermind.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • donlidonli Member

This is an example of why we can't have live chat at most providers.

• LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

HostDoc said: Funny. Har Har Har.

Okay guys, I am here now, was sleeping, this will be long so rather than eplaining, I will just share the entire transcript.

Long story short, client used 400% of 4 cores doing a serverscope for nearly an hour. When he mentioned what he was doing, I unthrottled him, gave him a new script that finishes faster and he went away happy and even purchased a second instance.
    Bear in mind this is SG which I am already sensitive about and adamant and users having a great experience.

yep I was happy and I did some serverscope benchmark, I was sorry when I heard that am not allowing this kind of server stress

I didn't like that and asked for a refund what is the problem?

• Well just when I thought I was noob, someone just got into my personal dumb list

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • CoffeeCoffee Member

Lviv said: what is the problem

You open a paypal dispute

• @Lviv said:

HostDoc said: Funny. Har Har Har.

yep I was happy and I did some serverscope benchmark, I was sorry when heard than am not allowing this kind of server stress

I didn't like that and asked for a refund what is the problem?

You have wasted more than enough of my time and failed to read.
    Your refund was never once refused.
    But you just continued and continued. I wanted you to have your refund so I would never have to deal with you again and directed you to where and how to get it done.
    Waited. Waited. Then you opened a dispute? Rather than open a ticket?
    This is all on you Lviv. Thank you for making the end of my birthday as crappy as @MikeA bone dry jokes.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

@donli said:
    This is an example of why we can't have live chat at most providers.

It's why I have my sanity. 70% of chats were time wasters. 10% were legit sales questions. 10% were real support. 10% were questions that trailed off into random conversations. Tickets are so much better, and can be replied to instantly if needed, and not if not.

This discussion has been closed.