Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product! - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Directadmin Feedback Thread! Feedback wanted to help improve the product!

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

So where is this NEW report from Rack911?

• @Jord said:

There's none. She wants some ban.

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

There's none. She wants some ban.

How do you know it's a she?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • How does she know it's you?

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@Amitz said:
    How does she know it's you?

Dammit, there is always one clever man.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

bikegremlin said: P.S. Don't feed the trolls.

Granted that I cannot be polished in some of my remarks. But I feel they are important and could be beneficial to all of us at the end.

Among 100s of trolls and praises, constructive criticism needs to be there :D

• @Francisco, maybe you tested what is the best Server setup with directadmin for best performance?
    Mainly using for some WordPress sites.

• @MechanicWeb said:

bikegremlin said: P.S. Don't feed the trolls.

Granted that I cannot be polished in some of my remarks. But I feel they are important and could be beneficial to all of us at the end.

Among 100s of trolls and praises, constructive criticism needs to be there :D

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding: I was referring to those discussing with the now banned member who wrote in the thread, after your reply.

Thanked by 1MechanicWeb
  • Version 1.59.4 released with some bug fixes related to reseller bandwidth, MX records and more.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Updates been flying out recently.... looking forward to more improvements in UI and features.

• Out of curiosity, why use curl and not a direct ftp(s) command for the backups?

• @experttechit said:
    Updates been flying out recently.... looking forward to more improvements in UI and features.

Waiting for the requests :smile:

• @smtalk said:

I would really love to have SSH File Transfer (SFTP) support for backups. I have a hard time getting FTPS working. Works great on some servers on and not at all on others.

• @Limpan said:

@smtalk said:

I would really love to have SSH File Transfer (SFTP) support for backups. I have a hard time getting FTPS working. Works great on some servers on and not at all on others.

There you go SFTP backup with DA : https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58107&highlight=sftp

Thanked by 2Limpan uptime
  • @active8 said:

@Limpan said:

@smtalk said:

There you go SFTP backup with DA : https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58107&highlight=sftp

Aye, I thought this was a "control" panel, not a complete fart about to get basics working! :-|

edited October 2019

I use that for my SFTP but it's not the best, it can't seem to find the SSHkey which is a bit of a pain. I wish the backup system within DA was better.

I currently use Acronis as that seems to be a lot easier for me. But I would like to see the built-in DA backup system too get better.

I do wish Acronis had a DA plugin too, people have asked for it but they don't know when it will be built.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2019

I use good old rsnapshot on the backup server and pull the DA backups from there. Works well and gives a shit about DA's internal issues. I understand that this solution is not for everone, but it does the trick for me.

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • @active8 said:

@Limpan said:

@smtalk said:

Working great. Thanks!

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@smtalk said:

@experttechit said:

Incremental daily backups with the ability for the users to self-restore those.
    Incremental using sftp + rsync or alike.

• MikePT said: Incremental daily backups with the ability for the users to self-restore those.

Incremental using sftp + rsync or alike.

Amen! Add that with remote backup and make the feature configurable (Backup Frequency, Maximum Stored Backup per user) with each plan!

Thanked by 2MikePT Sofia_K

@smtalk - really need a mail incoming and outgoing log in the admin area for all accounts in one area.

Thanked by 2MikePT Sofia_K
  • Apache status page, showing sites/link being visited.
    The services status sidebar, showing PID is of little use, IME/IMO - consumed memory might be more useful?

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited October 2019

Not for the product itself but, I would like to see email as username login for the directadmin.com website (if possible). I don't want to get confused at an ATM and type my directadmin username as my PIN and lose my card. Hue-hue.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • Please, portuguese-br support.

• @rafaelscs said:
    Please, portuguese-br support.

See here (for Evolution skin).

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • MikePT said: Incremental daily backups with the ability for the users to self-restore those.

this is a MUST feature!

Thanked by 1MikePT

@smtalk could do with a way to build our required PHP extensions in DA GUI without command line.

Easy way to install MariaDB using GUI.

Another feature to include would be some good built in spam filtering... it really is a pain!

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@experttechit said:
    @smtalk could do with a way to build our required PHP extensions in DA GUI without command line.

Easy way to install MariaDB using GUI.

Another feature to include would be some good built in spam filtering... it really is a pain!

You can install MariaDB using custombuild in the GUI.

Rspamd is available, also in custombuild.

• We have moved two of our servers to DA. So far so good. Its great that it supports FreeBSD as it would be a great option for those customers who need one server for their large scale websites.

The only thing which really bothers us is the backup system that is not as complete as cPanel... and of course we should consider that this is not cPanel... but hoping for improvements.

• Version 1.59.5 released.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee