Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts? - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New cPanel Licensing and Pricing Structure - thoughts?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Heh, DA's admin side is very poor. Checking Interworx.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@deank said:
    Well, reseller hosting is dead with this.

Sorry guys, when I came up with the idea of reseller hosting functionality in CPanel back in the day, I never intended to cause people this much pain 20 years later. ;-)

My bad!

• TinFoil2019TinFoil2019 Member
    edited June 2019

For 30 domains plesk pro is $15/ cpanel is 30. For unlimited domains plesk is $45, for 100 domains cpanel is $45. May want to start thinking of using plesk onyx - could blunt the price increase- especially for resellers who want to load up their servers.

• emghemgh Member

@TinFoil2019 said:
    For 30 domains plesk pro is $15/ cpanel is 30. For unlimited domains plesk is $45, for 100 domains cpanel is $45. May want to start thinking of using plesk onyx - could blunt the price increase- especially for resellers who want to load up their servers.

I like your username

• Migrating from another control panel to CWP? Get a 20% off on all paid subscriptions for support and CWPpro license, for the first 2 months.
    During the order, Use the code: "EXODUS".

• @nitramoneito How's that spamming working out for you today- getting a lot of angry impulsive irrational people to switch to your panel by posting without the provider tag?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@nitramoneito said:
    Migrating from another control panel to CWP? Get a 20% off on all paid subscriptions for support and CWPpro license, for the first 2 months.

Are you from CWP?

• yes I am from CWP

• @TinFoil2019 not to be offensive here

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ban the dude.

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: Ban the dude.

Ban him* twice.

*or her, just to satisfy the fucking millennials

• xaocxaoc Member

@Lee said:

deank said: Ban the dude.

Ban him* twice.

*or her, just to satisfy the fucking millennials

it*

• LeeLee Veteran

xaoc said: it*

Wow, I was going to go there but didn't, you did though, go you.

• or them (they, their) if we want to follow the lead of billions on showtime

• xaocxaoc Member

@Lee said:

xaoc said: it*

Wow, I was going to go there but didn't, you did though, go you.

It is the safest option, it as in person or whatevs. :D

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @nitramoneito don’t think spamming this thread with CWP is in yours or the panels best interest. Also, you raised the price over the last year by 20%, yes we are talking smaller monetary amounts but a huge rise all the same. People in glass houses and all that!

• @MikePT said:

DirectAdmin is mostly based on commands

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider
  • @desfire said:

@MikePT said:

DirectAdmin is mostly based on commands

If you are having problems with using basic commands in Linux shell then You shouldn't start hosting company.

Thanked by 1lukehebb
  • @emgh said:
    Still interested to see @HostMantis take on this.

We're still dealing with the shock and don't really have anything to add at this point that others haven't already.

It's quite a kick in the a$$ to be honest.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

Ponury_Typ said: If you are having problems with using basic commands in Linux shell then You shouldn't start hosting company.

An established provider on WebHostingTalk said that to me around 2003, less than a year later I bought his struggling service and merged it into the one I built.

Ah, the rackshack days.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I don't have any idea why anyone would still leave unlimited reseller hosting links active today- based on the new pricing model. Even those that limit accounts, I hope your math works for your current account mix (and those that have high number of accounts to revenue that will try to sign up on June 1)

• Honestly, just pass the cost to consumers for those who want cPanel and offer free alternatives at same great low prices. If you don't have deep pockets, you will learn how to use something other than cPanel, including command line. Beggars don't get to choose.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • Francisco said: Who wants to take a bet with me on SolusVM2 going similar?

if at least goes out to public hahaha

• @Lee said:

Ponury_Typ said: If you are having problems with using basic commands in Linux shell then You shouldn't start hosting company.

An established provider on WebHostingTalk said that to me around 2003, less than a year later I bought his struggling service and merged it into the one I built.

Ah, the rackshack days.

Well, knowledge of Linux basics is something else than doing poor business decisions ;]

Thanked by 1Lee
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@TinFoil2019 said:

It's owned by the same VC, they'll do the same eventually.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

nitramoneito said: Migrating from another control panel to CWP? Get a 20% off on all paid subscriptions for support and CWPpro license, for the first 2 months.

please point me to your supported technical documentation on migrating fully and seamlessly from WHM+cPanel to CWP including litespeed support... or you know, stop making a nob of yourself.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

Name 3 commercial control panel software companies based on volume that entered the market with a per seat/customer license price and make a huge success of it?

I can name at least 3 that started on that basis and failed miserably to attract any attention what so ever.

• @Yura said:
    lol at this whole thread.

Deank just splurting out random things 🤷🏼‍♂️. Peak LET posting.

Thanked by 1Ympker