Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-7 (i3) on FR/CA Datacenter

Comments

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

Yeah, I'd always recommend dedicated because no noisy neighbors.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@hacktek said:
    Real question: what do people do with these? Price/performance ratio is pretty bad, even considering the sale. Network speed is atrocious in 2019. And these "flash sales" are happening every couple of week now which makes me thing nobody is actually buying this aging hardware anymore, probably because of the aforementioned reasons.

Idling it obviously.

Thanked by 1mk1
  • @Nate812 said:

@ps20090 said:
    Anybody can tell me using it for Plex, will it stream 4k Remux direct play in NA with Canadian server?

Thanks

Unlikely. Check passmark.

No need to check passmark.. directplay almost use no CPU.. the one need to be wary is your 4k movie bitrate. Kimsufis will enough for <50 mbps bitrate movie..

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited May 2019

@hacktek said:
    Real question: what do people do with these? Price/performance ratio is pretty bad, even considering the sale. Network speed is atrocious in 2019. And these "flash sales" are happening every couple of week now which makes me thing nobody is actually buying this aging hardware anymore, probably because of the aforementioned reasons.

It is dedicated and network is unmetered 100 Mbps, no limitation on monthly bandwidth limit. Also, CPU and Hard Disk is fully dedicated for you, sometimes in shared servers suppose your neighbor is having tons of traffic, your performance will worsen because of shared resources.

Also, my friend like Ubuntu/Linux a lot but doesn't like donating money directly to them, so she seeds Linux ISO from https://linuxtracker.org/ and https://www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads , she believed people donating money is not that great as people will misuse it, etc. But by actively seeding ISOs she is helping them save tons of bandwidth.

Read this article if you have time -

https://www.economist.com/international/2017/11/23/much-of-the-money-donated-after-disasters-is-stolen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charity_fraud

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@chocolateshirt said:
    No need to check passmark.. directplay almost use no CPU.. the one need to be wary is your 4k movie bitrate. Kimsufis will enough for <50 mbps bitrate movie..

>

Thanks a ton for taking time to reply to me, You are awesome, May God Bless You :-)

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • YorkiSYorkiS Member
    edited May 2019

@ps20090 said:
    Anybody can tell me using it for Plex, will it stream 4k Remux direct play in NA with Canadian server?

Thanks

I was able to playback some 4k Remux in the past when I had it. All this depends of the peering between your ISP and BHS datacenter. Also trying through cloudfire could help, I never setup it. I just got one of them as a backup Plex dedicate server and I'll try to make some test again.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • LeeLee Veteran

Anyone know if Kimsufi has changed their 2FA, last time I logged in was on a different phone, but I have backup codes that are 16 chars long, letters and numbers. Nowhere on the site to use that kind of code.

• LeeLee Veteran

Actually, just seen that on my OVH account there is an option to use a backup code, on the Kimsufi site it is missing, I should not be surprised I guess.

• JohnGJohnG Member

@hacktek said:

I got a KS-10 from the last sale. I’m running a map server. Lots of RAM and disk to play with so it seems pretty good for my purposes. Can render large map tiles with lots of layers and cache large data sets.

It’s quite likely I just don’t know any better and something else might be more suitable (maybe something with RAID...) but it seems like a good fit for me.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

what do people do with these?

(on a KS-10) I'm running an instance of https://github.com/karpathy/arxiv-sanity-preserver

Currently would fit just fine on a KS-7 but I wanted some room to grow so traded up to a KS-10 the last time those went on sale. (Bonus: the disk on my KS-10 came with less than 3000 power-on hours ... I'm probably going to keep this one for a while.)

Thanked by 1Yura
  • donlidonli Member

@hacktek said:

(on a KS-10) I'm running an instance of https://github.com/karpathy/arxiv-sanity-preserver

My sanity is already gone.

• uptimeuptime Member

@donli said:

@hacktek said:

My sanity is already gone.

I'm archiving what's left of mine.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

BHS stock seems to be back again.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

Kimsufi support has changed, I go my 2FA sorted in less than 20 minutes. Was expecting days or weeks.

Thanked by 1Nate812
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

FR Datacenter Soldout, still stocks in BHS.

• My server is not delivered yet. 1day. :(

• mrclownmrclown Member

@mtsbatalha said:
    My server is not delivered yet. 1day. :(

Then you aren't the only one.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • alvinalvin Member

nice flash offer , will the FR dedicated server release more during this promotion period?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2019

mtsbatalha said: My server is not delivered yet. 1day.

Odd, I hadn't even left the order page when the email came in with the server details. That was France though. New account?

• @Lee said:

mtsbatalha said: My server is not delivered yet. 1day.

Odd, I hadn't even left the order page when the email came in with the server details. That was France though. New account?

That's right.

• any bench?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@mrclown said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Same been a bit over 24hrs bhs new account.

• @SirFoxy said:

@mrclown said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Server delivered! :)

• @mtsbatalha said:

@SirFoxy said:

@mrclown said:

@mtsbatalha said:

what processor?

• LeeLee Veteran

krenken said: what processor?

They are all i3-2130, unless you get a bit of luck and there is something else in there. Nothing that will break any records but for the price...

• @krenken said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@SirFoxy said:

@mrclown said:

@mtsbatalha said:

what processor?

i3-2130

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

When will be GAME-3 in stock?

• mtsbatalha said: i3-2130

Same here. Ordered mine this morning, and it was provisioned immediately.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Same processor as advertised, what a scam

• uptimeuptime Member

Same processor as advertised

I have filed a complaint with the EU

Thanked by 1MasonR