Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fastpipe.io - SSD Cloud Servers (KVM) - Frankfurt, Germany - Free BGP starting at 2,95€! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fastpipe.io - SSD Cloud Servers (KVM) - Frankfurt, Germany - Free BGP starting at 2,95€!

124»

Comments

• graphicgraphic Member

@alexvolk the combahton ddos protection is really good and one of the best in germany. The protection is "just" software running on standard servers, this makes it cheaper than for example Arbor, Tilera or Corero. Cheaper but not worse.

• CrelingCreling Member

cybertech said: ioping: seek rate

min/avg/max/mdev = 292.6 us / 552.9 us / 23.5 ms / 393.8 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 3.33 k requests in 5.00 s, 831.2 MiB, 664 iops, 166.2 MiB/s

I can hardly believe it is SSD

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

So what would you do if someone was to announce say a /20 and get to protect a few thousand regularly attacked game servers? For 2.95 of course.

• @combahton_it > @Creling said:

I can hardly believe it's HDD, now 19 IOPS

• CrelingCreling Member

cybertech said: 我几乎不相信它的硬盘驱动器,现在是19 IOPS

Σ(っ °Д °;)っ

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@SplitIce said:
    So what would you do if someone was to announce say a /20 and get to protect a few thousand regularly attacked game servers? For 2.95 of course.

Subnets from free BGP announcements are not protected by default. We also behold the right to shut off such a announcement as it would make our ddos protection services quite unattractive. So if someone has the intention to abuse our free bgp sessions for ddos protection, he should better not and contact us for ddos protection as a service.

@cybertech said:
    @combahton_it > @Creling said:

I can hardly believe it's HDD, now 19 IOPS

If something doesnt perform as intended, a public forum is not the place to resolve this. Please get in touch with our customer service.

• looks like network performance is also kind of.....

https://imgur.com/EEZi37s

Windowsserver seems also very sluggish in terms of opening a Window / Server-Manager whatever....

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@combahton_it said:

Subnets from free BGP announcements are not protected by default. We also behold the right to shut off such a announcement as it would make our ddos protection services quite unattractive. So if someone has the intention to abuse our free bgp sessions for ddos protection, he should better not and contact us for ddos protection as a service.

100% sensible but definitely something that should be advertised.

@ilBarista said:
    looks like network performance is also kind of.....

https://imgur.com/EEZi37s

Windowsserver seems also very sluggish in terms of opening a Window / Server-Manager whatever....

As I said, in case there is an performance issue, get in touch with our customer service. A public forum is not a support desk.