Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fastpipe.io - SSD Cloud Servers (KVM) - Frankfurt, Germany - Free BGP starting at 2,95€! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

fastpipe.io - SSD Cloud Servers (KVM) - Frankfurt, Germany - Free BGP starting at 2,95€!

Comments

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

Yep, pricing is attractive, but a nice yearly plan is always welcome :wink:

ruben said: if you count in the daily backups

Only one snapshot is kept and rotated every night, is that right? Any way to setup the backup to be weekly for example?

• @datanoise said:
    Yep, pricing is attractive, but a nice yearly plan is always welcome :wink:

ruben said: if you count in the daily backups

Only one snapshot is kept and rotated every night, is that right? Any way to setup the backup to be weekly for example?

So far I've got 2.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2019

@combahton_it can we expect that you'll reduce price by 30%?

I'm sure you'll get a lot of customers from here. More customers -> more money to invest and become a big player in this cloud competition.

Also missing load balancer feature...

• cybertech said: So far I've got 2.

Nice, day -1 and day -2?

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep

datanoise said: Only one snapshot is kept and rotated every night, is that right? Any way to setup the backup to be weekly for example?

As far as I can see there is no weekly option, and they are apparently kept for two days. But you can take a permanent snapshot for an extra fee.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2019

@datanoise said:

cybertech said: So far I've got 2.

Nice, day -1 and day -2?

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

we do provide two restore points for daily backups from now :)

I've opened a issue in our Git to add multiple restore points with the next release, currently our environment (from a code point of view) does not provide the ability to have multiple restore points. But I think it's a great idea in general ;-)

@alexvolk we do have Loadbalancers, it's called HaaS (https://www.fastpipe.io/haas). Please get in touch with our customer service if you want to add a HaaS.

As our pricing is already quite low and we offer a huge amount of features (Anti-DDoS, great connectivity, cheap extra ip-addresses, daily backups, etc.), I dont see any possibility to provide a discount. Our company isnt just a hobby project like some summer hosts and at the end of the day, we do want to have some financial safety too :-)

Thanked by 2alexvolk datanoise
  • combahton_it said: @alexvolk we do have Loadbalancers, it's called HaaS (https://www.fastpipe.io/haas). Please get in touch with our customer service if you want to add a HaaS.

Is it free? If yes, looks unbelievable :smile:

@alexvolk said:

combahton_it said: @alexvolk we do have Loadbalancers, it's called HaaS (https://www.fastpipe.io/haas). Please get in touch with our customer service if you want to add a HaaS.

Is it free? If yes, looks unbelievable :smile:

Unfortunately not, but I think it's a great addition if you need highest possible uptime :-)

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • ruben said: and they are apparently kept for two days. But you can take a permanent snapshot for an extra fee.

combahton_it said: we do provide two restore points for daily backups from now :)

I've opened a issue in our Git to add multiple restore points with the next release

Nice, thanks!

• @cybertech said:

@alexvolk said:
    Looks good except:

• expensive at little bit? %30 discount will make sense for sure
    • charging VAT for non-eu customers? Why?
    • Unlimited Traffic what exact speed limation it has?

combahton_it said: If you want more network performance, you need more cpu performance - it's a single core and a small instance.

Asked about VAT and was told that non EU not charged VAT. So for my plan prepaid EUR 5.25 for 30 days.

Non EU = no VAT. Then Cloud SE-4 is 4,41 €/month! Or are you a non non EU (=EU) customer?

• @hyperblast said:

@cybertech said:

@alexvolk said:
    Looks good except:

combahton_it said: If you want more network performance, you need more cpu performance - it's a single core and a small instance.

Asked about VAT and was told that non EU not charged VAT. So for my plan prepaid EUR 5.25 for 30 days.

Non EU = no VAT. Then Cloud SE-4 is 4,41 €/month! Or are you a non non EU (=EU) customer?

Non EU. But was told that "non EU will not have extra VAT charged," so interpreted as EUR 5.25 excludes VAT.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@cybertech said:

@hyperblast said:

@cybertech said:

@alexvolk said:
    Looks good except:

Non EU. But was told that "non EU will not have extra VAT charged," so interpreted as EUR 5.25 excludes VAT.

The advertised prices include German VAT (19%), which would then be subtracted in the case of non-EU.

• @angstrom said:

@cybertech said:

@hyperblast said:

@cybertech said:

@alexvolk said:
    Looks good except:

The advertised prices include German VAT (19%), which would then be subtracted in the case of non-EU.

Damnit.

Hi,

to clarify that, the pricing includes all required taxes. In case you are non EU or non Germany, the price applies as net as there needs to be no tax dissipated on our side.

You can comprehend both in our order process as well as your invoice.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

In case you are non EU or non Germany, the price applies as net as there needs to be no tax dissipated on our side.
    You can comprehend both in our order process as well as your invoice.

I oftentimes am finding myself with the experience of an immensified enjoyment in the reading of this style of translated-to-English clarification and all earnest attempts herewith thereto! :)

(Though I am quite sure it is exponentially more understandable than any attempt I might make to communicate Germanically, so fair enough.)

Retranslated (if I understand corrctly):

For non-EU customers, combahton does not need to apply tax, and so the total cost charged to non-EU customers is reduced accordingly to reflect the net price without tax. This will be evident both in the order process and your invoice.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • JonesJones Member
    edited May 2019

@combahton_it

Snapshots offer you the ability to create a complete backup from your server,

need a separate extra fee?

• nullnotherenullnothere Member
    edited May 2019

@combahton_it - since you've been answering questions here, could you please clarify if you will support cpu pass through upon request as they help improve performance a lot within the VPSs?

Thanked by 1datanoise

@Jones said:
    @combahton_it

Snapshots offer you the ability to create a complete backup from your server,

need a separate extra fee?

Hi, Snapshots are billed extra as they are kept as long as you dont delete it. Means, we need to provide the storage for that. The pricing depends on your server, as larger as it is, as more it costs.

@nullnothere said:
    @combahton_it - since you've been answering questions here, could you please clarify if you will support cpu pass through upon request as they help improve performance a lot within the VPSs?

Currently we dont support cpu passthrough by default. However, we will turn on AES as cpu instruction on request - feel free to open a ticket :)

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • hzrhzr Member

Do you support any BGP communities / full table?

• combahton_it said: However, we will turn on AES as cpu instruction on request - feel free to open a ticket

Any reason why AES isn't enabled by default?

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • rubenruben Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@hzr said:
    Do you support any BGP communities / full table?

They do, I get a full table from them myself, there is a blackhole community if I recall right...:smiley:

Thanked by 1jh_aurologic
    edited May 2019

@datanoise no particular reason so far :-)

@hzr we do provide a few more communities, you can check them out in our RIPE aut-num: https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/#/query?searchtext=AS30823#resultsSection (Communities accepted from customer)

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • would like to give fastpipe.io a go but just wondering about packetloss:

Host Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. x.x.x.x 0.0% 23 8.9 9.1 8.9 10.9 0.4
    2. 62.156.245.xx 0.0% 23 9.4 11.3 9.2 13.2 1.3
    3. 217.239.47.6 0.0% 23 12.7 13.0 12.4 16.9 1.1
    4. ae8-0.fra20.core-backbone.com 0.0% 23 12.6 12.8 12.2 18.3 1.3
    5. ae1-33891.edge1.ffm3.combahton.net 9.1% 22 2897. 2756. 2419. 3157. 211.4
    6. ae0-edge1.core1.ffm3.combahton.net 9.5% 22 2876. 2753. 2475. 3141. 201.6
    7. ae1-ffm31.core1.ffm2.combahton.net 0.0% 22 13.2 14.5 13.0 18.6 1.5
    8. lg.combahton.net 0.0% 22 12.3 12.5 12.3 12.8 0.1

edited May 2019

@ilBarista

You mean this one?

1. ae1-33891.edge1.ffm3.combahton.net 9.1% 22 2897. 2756. 2419. 3157. 211.4
    2. ae0-edge1.core1.ffm3.combahton.net 9.5% 22 2876. 2753. 2475. 3141. 201.6

These are routers, they dont need to be responsive for ICMP. Their primary job is it to forward packets from A to B without packetloss. As you can see with the following hops and even the final target (lg.combahton.net), they did. It's a wide spread misunderstanding, that routers need to be responsive to ICMP. Only if the target would have packetloss or all following hops in general, there would exist a problem.

In our case, our network gear is configured to not allow more than 2Mbit/s of ICMP traffic on their control plane. Means, if you ping one of our routers and it already deals with a lot of ICMP traffic, you will see a result like the above. That doesnt mean, that we rate-limit ICMP traffic to your server, it only targets the routers (edge/core). It's an protection mechanism for our network which needs to be interpreted correctly.

Our infrastructure and servers are monitored very closely from a few different locations, where we operate our own Icinga2 Cluster across. A real problem would be detected within seconds and leads to a immediate alarm (Push, SMS, Phone Call) of the on call duty.

You can read more about that on https://www.fastpipe.io/infrastructure (see "Always there for you and your services, our oncall duty").

Thanked by 2vimalware Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

combahton_it said: It's a wide spread misunderstanding, that routers need to be responsive to ICMP.

+1 and it's a wide spread misunderstanding how a traceroute/mtr works at all to begin with ;-)

• CrelingCreling Member

I was stunned by the complicated tax rate calculation.
    Fast questions: could we no-EUers get Cloud SE-2 at the price ~2.5EUR (2.95/1.19) ?

@Creling said:
    I was stunned by the complicated tax rate calculation.

"stunned"? That bad, eh?

Fast questions: could we no-EUers get Cloud SE-2 at the price ~2.5EUR (2.95/1.19) ?

Yeah, I guess 2,48 EUR.

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited May 2019

angstrom said: "stunned"? That bad, eh?

sorry, my native language is not English and cant use words accurately. (●ˇ∀ˇ●), maybe I should used Troubled

angstrom said: Yeah, I guess 2,48 EUR.

I hope so. I have submintted ticket but have no reply so far ( I can understand because it is weekend now )

@Creling said:

angstrom said: "stunned"? That bad, eh?

sorry, my native language is not English and cant use words accurately. (●ˇ∀ˇ●), maybe I should used Troubled

"troubled" would also be too strong in this case. You could simply say:

"I'm wondering about how the tax rate is calculated."

angstrom said: Yeah, I guess 2,48 EUR.

I hope so. I have submintted ticket but have no reply so far ( I can understand because it is weekend now )

Yeah, unfortunately, you may have to wait until tomorrow.