Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you out of your fucking mind, ColoCrossing? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you out of your fucking mind, ColoCrossing?

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

• @Neoon said:
    The freebird is nigh.

• @doghouch said:

@nhocconan said:
    Same, but I deleted the email after reading the highlighted, bold “24 hour Flash deal” phrase. At least they highlighted them so that I can know it was f**king spam.

I normally request that users give respect to providers, but I’m willing to let that slide.

I just got the email as well. I’ve since reported their IP to SpamHaus in protest of their clickbait emails.

I'm not aware of click bait being a blacklistable offense (it can be argued that wasn't even click bait). It's email, not a website. If you don't like the content, unsubscribe. If they fail to unsubscribe you, then report them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TimboJones said:

@doghouch said:

@nhocconan said:
    Same, but I deleted the email after reading the highlighted, bold “24 hour Flash deal” phrase. At least they highlighted them so that I can know it was f**king spam.

I normally request that users give respect to providers, but I’m willing to let that slide.

I just got the email as well. I’ve since reported their IP to SpamHaus in protest of their clickbait emails.

I'm not aware of click bait being a blacklistable offense (it can be argued that wasn't even click bait). It's email, not a website. If you don't like the content, unsubscribe. If they fail to unsubscribe you, then report them.

Hey guys! Look!

This guy thinks you can unsubscribe from anything related to colocrossing!

Francisco

• The unsubscribe link only tells the sender that the target is alive and valid.

• What even is that sketchy-looking domain they're sending the newsletters from? servicewebconnect.com?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

What's worse is that earlier, I used another email address on LET, which I changed nearly a year ago, and these emails from CC are sent to both addresses!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

TimboJones said: If you don't like the content, unsubscribe.

I never subscribed to their marketing e-mails in the first place, yet they still send them.

You know what we call that? Spam.

Thanked by 2lazyt netomx
  • I never got that email... hmmm...

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2019

@TimboJones I never consented to receiving their junk.

Also, the unsubscribe link is (for all intensive purposes) broken. I ended up having to use Google’s unsubscribe feature but I started getting them again recently.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @doghouch said:
    @TimboJones I never consented to receiving their junk.

Also, the unsubscribe link is (for all intensive purposes) broken. I ended up having to use Google’s unsubscribe feature but I started getting them again recently.

Just flag them. Most of CC's IP space is prefiltered anyhow.

• RazzaRazza Member

I wonder if they mailed everyone not received mines yet can't wait for some ColoCrossing spam.

• @sanvit said:
    I never got that email... hmmm...

Don't jinx it. Or check your spam folder.

• @Razza said:
    I wonder if they mailed everyone not received mines yet can't wait for some ColoCrossing spam.

Feeling left out of the party I see.

• @poisson said:

@sanvit said:
    I never got that email... hmmm...

Don't jinx it. Or check your spam folder.

Nah... Nothing in spam too. Maybe gmail heard my hate for them and discarded for me ;)

Thanked by 1poisson
  • I didn't get this email, lucky me. But I see that I have 500+ pieces of ordinary spam to my LET address in my spam folder. I never noticed that before because of spam filtering. Lol.

• zedzed Member

@joepie91 said:

@zed said:
    are they using email addresses from LET? i don't recall ever signing up for LEB newsletters. at least it arrived in my spambox, that's something.

Yes, they are, according to the footer of the e-mail.

Which is of course in violation of the GDPR, but I doubt that ColoCrossing gives a shit about that, given their shady dealings in the past.

lol, thanks. i didnt actually read it, just shook my fist at the alarmist subject.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

The new logo looks awful :( I could design it better.

CC if you're reading this, I charge $666 per logo.

Thanked by 1Nate812
  • It's not so much a logo as a font.

From 2001.

Like CC's technology.

suitable.

• Utterly inexcusable behavior. Will definitely be going out of my way to not buy from ColoCrossing in the future thanks to this little stunt.

• Was there a newsletter optiom in LET? I just noticed this, and I'm pretty sure this wasn't here the last time I came to LET. Does this have something to do with this thread?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@sanvit said:
    Was there a newsletter optiom in LET? I just noticed this, and I'm pretty sure this wasn't here the last time I came to LET. Does this have something to do with this thread?

Was just added.

They're actively skinning it since it didn't have any CSS on it 10 minutes ago.

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Am I blind or did this newsletter box just get added to LET in the past 24 hours?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

It was just added to the right sidebar, I noticed it about 10 minutes ago. Perhaps the next thing would be check with your email, if it exists then show unsubscribe button.

• Just entered my email address (this one was made to recieve spam only), and nothing came (no confirmation, nothing). Or was MXroute smart enough to discard it in the server level?

• What the fuck?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Lmao this is a new low

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I wish they can do this too:

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Just put some temp emails on all colocrossing platforms / resellers and sleep better at nights.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Maybe put [email protected] there? Spam + Spam = SPAM?

Thanked by 2dedipromo netomx