Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you out of your fucking mind, ColoCrossing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you out of your fucking mind, ColoCrossing?

joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2019 in General

So, this piece of shit just landed in my inbox, screenshot cut off for brevity (as it goes on for quite a bit longer):

Let's ignore for a moment that the link in the e-mail about the security issue is a broken one, as the post has been since removed...

What the fuck is wrong with you, ColoCrossing? Why do you think it's acceptable to send out newsletters with scary-looking subject lines about a vulnerability (that is two weeks old by now, I might add!), that allocate exactly a single line and link to the vulnerability, and fill the rest of the considerably lengthy e-mail with marketing bullshit from - no doubt - another ColoCrossing host?

You're just making life harder for everybody who actually gives a goddamn shit about security and getting people patched, by using vulnerability notifications as a shitty excuse for attention-grabbing marketing e-mails.

Seriously, what the fuck. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2019

They are advertising their own brands, seems they want to get the profits to the top. This is gonna be in the history at some point in the future.. Endurance Group will be nothing to what ColoCrossing is doing.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • Got the same email, really, just a few lines of the “vulnerability” and the rest are all marketing things.

• Same, but I deleted the email after reading the highlighted, bold “24 hour Flash deal” phrase. At least they highlighted them so that I can know it was f**king spam.

• Im moreso concerned they are promoting umax after all the complaints and overselling...

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@james50a said:
    Im moreso concerned they are promoting umax after all the complaints and overselling...

That's the normal modus operandi for ColoCrossing. They seem to rent servers from CC (and are probably at least partly controlled by them), which means they get free airtime no matter how badly they fuck shit up, right up until the moment where they deadpool.

Been going on like that for years now.

• i also got this email .. How did they get my email adress ?

• zedzed Member

are they using email addresses from LET? i don't recall ever signing up for LEB newsletters. at least it arrived in my spambox, that's something.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@zed said:
    are they using email addresses from LET? i don't recall ever signing up for LEB newsletters. at least it arrived in my spambox, that's something.

Yes, they are, according to the footer of the e-mail.

Which is of course in violation of the GDPR, but I doubt that ColoCrossing gives a shit about that, given their shady dealings in the past.

Hah, I didn't get it.

In fact, I haven't gotten any email from LET. No notifications at all, either, on top right. LET bullies me.

• So, CC is going really low: now spam.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited April 2019

And they sent this email to me on email which i;m no longer using it on LET.

And it arrived in spam box in live mail.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

joepie91 said: right up until the moment where they deadpool.

Actually, if you checked out the hiformance thread, CC will still defend the provider even post death. CC tried their best to calm those waters but people were so raged that they stopped commenting on the thread.

I was hoping CC would learn at some point that if they don't keep their resellers in check, that they'll be grouped in. They haven't given they're pushing umax even harder than any other brand. I think this is the 1st time we've seen a non BF news letter that listed "non house brands" in a promotion.

Tells me that CC is desperate to keep them afloat, or, more likely, they too are a house brand.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AmitzAmitz Member

joepie91 said: You should be ashamed of yourselves.

They had a thousand reasons to be in the past, still they never were. What a bunch of poopheads.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hjlowhjlow Member

haha easy to get you guys going with one little email

• Any publicity is good publicity.

• LeeLee Veteran

It's the fact that this is even a thread and people are surprised which surprises me.

Thanked by 1lazyt

I am more surprised to see you back, @Leee.

Thanked by 2Lee ehab
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2019

I'm not, just passing through. It was having seen the email from CC that did it :)

And if you're going to quote my name spell it correctly, not like it's hard...sake...

• sinsin Member

Yeah I got the same email...it was pretty whack to send a marketing email like that.

I misspell everyone's name.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

lol

Thanked by 3MasonR Amitz lazyt
  • Can somebody find differences between Hudson Valley Host and ChicagoVPS?

At least GreenValueHost not spaming anymore. :smile:

Thanked by 2Daniel15 netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

alexvolk said: At least GreenValueHost not spaming anymore under the old brand.

Fixed that for you.

• @Amitz said:
    Fixed that for you.

What's the name of new brand? :wink:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The end is freebird.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2019

@nhocconan said:
    Same, but I deleted the email after reading the highlighted, bold “24 hour Flash deal” phrase. At least they highlighted them so that I can know it was f**king spam.

I normally request that users give respect to providers, but I’m willing to let that slide.

I just got the email as well. I’ve since reported their IP to SpamHaus in protest of their clickbait emails.

• AmitzAmitz Member

alexvolk said: What's the name of new brand?

He was very busy renting IP ranges to spammers and cyber criminals when I checked for the last time. Something like "Nguyen Network, Inc.", or whatever is fucking last name was.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

coprolalia?